PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Harris: Broncos Defense has No Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean they don't score a TD every time they have the ball I'd agree, otherwise this is ludicrous. They have scored in every quarter except q1 of game 1. You don't get more consistent than that. Defenses get paid too you know...:rolleyes:
not to mention the team aspect to this as well. If the defense is giving up long drives, it might be possible for the Pats offense to only get 1 "effective" drive in a given quarter.

scenario being at the end of the first the opposing team has the ball and say eats up 5 minutes of clock in Q2. Our Offense doesn't score any points and takes off say 2 minutes. If the opposing O finishes off with an 8 minute drive (possible) then our offense had only 1 chance to score.

If you mean they don't score a TD every time they have the ball I'd agree, otherwise this is ludicrous. They have scored in every quarter except q1 of game 1. You don't get more consistent than that. Defenses get paid too you know...:rolleyes:

He's not a Pats fan...

I was watching Inside the NFL this morning and they were doing an either or segment (which of two choices would you choose was better). One was which is better - the Ravens' 2000 defense or the Broncos' 2015 defense? Phil Simms actually picked the Broncos.

It is ridiculous how some people are overrating the 2015 Broncos' defense. I bet the Pats put up 30 on them.

I was watching Inside the NFL this morning and they were doing an either or segment (which of two choices would you choose was better). One was which is better - the Ravens' 2000 defense or the Broncos' 2015 defense? Phil Simms actually picked the Broncos.

It is ridiculous how some people are overrating the 2015 Broncos' defense. I bet the Pats put up 30 on them.

LOL. That 2000 Ravens defense is one of the most dominant defenses of all time. I don't think you can say the same for this Broncos version.

Last edited:
That was last yr with a scheme that didn't fit the personnel.

Denver went into the I indy game way over confident. It was 1 bad game though.

I've got bad news for you. This year, your scheme won't "fit" the QB your defense will be facing. It's a scheme that Brady has shredded on multiple occasions.

Your CBs still can't cover our receivers. Talib and Harris have always had issues with WRs like Edelman and Amendola. You have no answer for Gronk.

Quick/short passing game, when executed well, will shred your defense every time. We're by far the best in the league at that.

If your team can get over-confident, with as ****ty as that offense has been - you're not going anywhere. Enjoy watching the Conference Championships on TV, because you won't be there.

Although, maybe Kubiak will make up varsity jackets for you guys too.

Wasn't it around this time last year when Denver was considered the greatest NFL team of all time?

Phil Simms also said the one thing he would guarantee was that Brandon Weeden would remain the starting QB for the Cowboys following the game with the Patriots.

They announced Matt Cassel as the starter the next day.

Wasn't it around this time last year when Denver was considered the greatest NFL team of all time?

That was just an extension from their GOAT status from 2013.

LOL. That 2000 Ravens defense is one of the most dominant defenses of all time. I don't think you can say the same for this Broncos version.

that ravens defense gave up like 180 points that season.

that was 2 years ago

that ravens defense gave up like 180 points that season.

2000 Ravens gave up 165 points on the year (10.3 ppg)
2015 Broncos have given up 139 points halfway through this season (17.4 ppg)

The Broncos have allowed .5 point per game fewer than the Patriots. If the stats hold up, the Broncos win 17.9 to 17.4. Theres's very little difference between these two defenses, except that the Patriots are better against the run, and the Patriots are +11 in takeaway ratio to the Broncos + 3.

Manning's 13 INTs more than neutralizes the Denver defensive strength. Spot the Patriots two additional possessions and field position, and the defense is at a disadvantage.

The Broncos defense is only halfway through the season. We'll see how they hold up in comparisons to the 2000 Ravens, the 2013 Seahawks, the '85 Bears, or the 2002 Buccaneers. There's no depth on the Broncos defense. There's a long way to go.

The Broncos this aren't even better than the 2006 Ravens, let alone the 2000 Super Saiyan version.

As the resident Denver D defender, I must cosign that this is complete nonsense.

it was the same story last year. Broncos defense started out on a tear and ware looked young again...then he broke down and became non-existant, talibs hammy started to act up and cold weather came to nuke manning.

this year, ware already is breaking down after his "hot start" with his back injury popping up. and manning looks worse than ever. I can see them dropping a few games...it puts alot of pressure on a defense to have to carry that much of the load.

and not only that, Luck did well against them with their mediocre offense. if cannon/volmer are back I can see the pats putting up 30 on them

i'll take the 03/04 pats defense over this overrated broncos defense.
and i dont care what the numbers say.

our defense won three titles...denver? one and done masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk