Chris Harris: Broncos Defense has No Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
PFT: Chris Harris: Broncos’ defense has no weaknesses

I know the denver game is 3 weeks away, but do you guys think the pats match up well with them? i feel like our quick receivers like edelman and amendola as well as dion lewis would cause the broncos D problems. There is even some talk about Denver being the greatest D since the 2000 Ravens.

Last edited:
FU mode, engaged

He is correct in the fact that their defense is strong is most areas. However, nobody is perfect and Belichick/Brady's strength is finding that one open receiver, or the one open area that the prescribed defense has trouble accounting for. I think Harris will be reminded of this very soon.

Last edited:
DENs defense is outstanding.

Harris has a penchant to do a bit of horn-tooting.

With that said, I LOVE IT when players say that they don't have any weaknesses.

I can only imagine if he said that as a Patriot.

The hooded-one would pull the lad aside and tell the tale about how a chunk of ice sank the unsinkable by jostling a couple of rivets out of place....

Sacrifice Lafell and Edelman to the CBs and exploit the short game with Gronk, Lewis and Amendola. A quick look at the box score from previous games against Wade Phillips defenses suggest that's the way to beat him.

Man for man Jets defense is better. They have two pass rusher and two cornerbacks that are very good. The rest are good but not exceptional. Same with their DC

The absolute worst thing Denver can do is lineup Talib on either Edelman or Amendola ...just saying. And if Ward not aiming the crown of his helmet to Gronk's knee, he's fckued.

I respect Denver's D, but top to bottom they don't scare me as much as Seattle's last year. I think they might have a better front 4, but Seattle's back end are much better.

The Denver defense is really good, but it is getting really overrated now that they shut down Aaron Rodgers. Even though they did a great job on Rodgers, people are acting like they are shutting down the Packers offense of last year.

Since the first three weeks of the season, the Packers' offense has been very average. Especially on the road (they have scored a total of 27 points combined in their last two road games). I mean the 49ers held them 17 points.

The fact is the Packers' offense isn't built to beat the Broncos' defense. Rodgers has made his bones extending plays by running around in the backfield and vertical passing. He is not at the short quick passing method. You beat a defense like the Broncos' with short quick passes and not holding onto the ball for 3-4 seconds. Also, other than Cobbs, the Packers do not have a receiving target that needs any extra attention.

I have heard people compare this defense to the 2000 Ravens and other all time great defenses. I call BS. They are really good, but they haven't really been tested yet.

The Denver defense is really good, but it is getting really overrated now that they shut down Aaron Rodgers. Even though they did a great job on Rodgers, people are acting like they are shutting down the Packers offense of last year.

Since the first three weeks of the season, the Packers' offense has been very average. Especially on the road (they have scored a total of 27 points combined in their last two road games). I mean the 49ers held them 17 points.

The fact is the Packers' offense isn't built to beat the Broncos' defense. Rodgers has made his bones extending plays by running around in the backfield and vertical passing. He is not at the short quick passing method. You beat a defense like the Broncos' with short quick passes and not holding onto the ball for 3-4 seconds. Also, other than Cobbs, the Packers do not have a receiving target that needs any extra attention.

I have heard people compare this defense to the 2000 Ravens and other all time great defenses. I call BS. They are really good, but they haven't really been tested yet.

I am wondering if one of the casualties of Defamegate, is that with the NFL* now closely monitoring ball pressure, other QBs are being adversely affected since they cannot get away with manipulating the ball pressure.

We know Rodgers likes it close to 16 PSI.

Hasn't seemed to affect Brady much though.

**** the NFL*!

Denver's defense is incredibly top heavy. Their starters are great, since Elway loves a superstar and goes after them relentlessly in FA with some creative cap management (Big signing bonuses and back-loaded deals). The biggest thing for them so far is the fact that they haven't lost a single starter on defense, IIRC so their weak depth has not been exposed.

If they start getting some injuries there, which is expected, considering the game they are playing, I wonder how well they'll hold up on this second half of the season. Additionally, I imagine their older OLBs will start to get tired soon, combined with the fact they love blitzing, which overloads the workload of those players and I don't see the philosophy of rotation between personnel like we do here

Last edited:
No weakness, you say?

500x305-belichick-press-20120809.jpg

1431048697_tom-brady-zoom.jpg

Challenge accepted.

the wildcard in this match up is playing in Denver. As it'll b an away game and the crowd will b in a frenzy, non verbal communication will be that more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes