PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Harris: Broncos Defense has No Weaknesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah..i didn't see any at all...none...nope

The Indy victory does not mean Denver doesn't have a good D. Coming into the game they had a good D and they still have a good D. But I would say Denver D certainly showed a weakness and it puts this writer of "no weaknesses" on his head.

From what I did see I would say Denver's D philosophy was clear: (A) A hyper pass rush + (B) in your face tight press/physical pass coverage. This resulted in Luck having no where to go while sensing the dread of the pass rush is about to kill him/I have to throw the ball now.
Yet what happened frequently enough was Luck gained a few seconds by moving around (and their O line had some wins here and there) to have some pretty open targets pretty quickly in some pretty important spots in the game. That just is not something I expect to see from a D with "no weaknesses". I expect a D with "no weaknesses" to be able to make plays even when the pass rush isn't winning.

Not surprisingly -- we probably didn't need this game to really know this -- but the Patriots O line vs the Denver Pass Rush will determine who wins the upcoming battle for the AFC game. TB gets the extra couple of seconds and Denver's coverage doesn't make me think we won't score enough.

Without Pot Roast, good run team has a chance.
Think that Chiefs have a chance to overun them

O how the mighty have fallen...

The Indy victory does not mean Denver doesn't have a good D. Coming into the game they had a good D and they still have a good D. But I would say Denver D certainly showed a weakness and it puts this writer of "no weaknesses" on his head.

From what I did see I would say Denver's D philosophy was clear: (A) A hyper pass rush + (B) in your face tight press/physical pass coverage. This resulted in Luck having no where to go while sensing the dread of the pass rush is about to kill him/I have to throw the ball now.
Yet what happened frequently enough was Luck gained a few seconds by moving around (and their O line had some wins here and there) to have some pretty open targets pretty quickly in some pretty important spots in the game. That just is not something I expect to see from a D with "no weaknesses". I expect a D with "no weaknesses" to be able to make plays even when the pass rush isn't winning.

Not surprisingly -- we probably didn't need this game to really know this -- but the Patriots O line vs the Denver Pass Rush will determine who wins the upcoming battle for the AFC game. TB gets the extra couple of seconds and Denver's coverage doesn't make me think we won't score enough.

That's a nice straw man. Chris Harris said, "The D has no weaknesses." Nobody here has said that that D is "no good."

If a scrub outfit like the Clots can expose these prima donna frauds, I know the GOAT can.

Next!

You can easily use their agressiveness against them problem is only few Qbs can, but luckily for us we have the best in the business when it comes to exposing defenses like that.

You can easily use their agressiveness against them problem is only few Qbs can, but luckily for us we have the best in the business when it comes to exposing defenses like that.

This. Von Miller is famous for running himself out of plays.

That's a nice straw man. Chris Harris said, "The D has no weaknesses." Nobody here has said that that D is "no good."

If a scrub outfit like the Clots can expose these prima donna frauds, I know the GOAT can.

Next!

A true straw man is TB can beat them -- as if Tom Brady beating a team defines having or not having a good D. Are you suggesting the benchmark for a bad D is TB can best you? Really? Further, one season's game does not define a team. Last year the Patriots getting blown out on both sides of the ball on MNF against KC defined them?

Denver by most measurements has a good D. I don't know why people have a problem saying that. The questions I was addressing: (a) are they without weakness? IMHO Indy's game exposed an area that, as the game suggests, is/may be a weakness and shows the article's writer to be wrong. (b) Can the Patriots exploit the weakness and/or best their D?

Take it for what you will....

A true straw man is TB can beat them -- as if Tom Brady beating a team defines having or not having a good D. Are you suggesting the benchmark for a bad D is TB can best you? Really? Further, one season's game does not define a team. Last year the Patriots getting blown out on both sides of the ball on MNF against KC defined them?

Denver by most measurements has a good D. I don't know why people have a problem saying that. The questions I was addressing: (a) are they without weakness? IMHO Indy's game exposed an area that, as the game suggests, is/may be a weakness and shows the article's writer to be wrong. (b) Can the Patriots exploit the weakness and/or best their D?

You're sort of quibbling over semantics.

Denver was compared all week to the 2000 Ravens, 1985 Bears, 2014 Seahawks.

They're not that team. They're the same defense that they had last year, which was good, but banged up. This year, they're healthier so far.

The point is, here, the only thing we give a **** about is "are they good enough to stop the Patriots"? I don't think they are. I've seen no evidence that things will be any different than they were a year ago, except for venue. Indianapolis sort of showed that. They had little trouble running the ball, little trouble passing, and weren't even executing particularly well.

Where they are in the NFL Power Rankings really isn't all that relevant to most people here. It's not to the Patriots.

You're trying to disprove my case by offering up another straw man? Classic!

You're sort of quibbling over semantics.

Denver was compared all week to the 2000 Ravens, 1985 Bears, 2014 Seahawks.

They're not that team. They're the same defense that they had last year, which was good, but banged up. This year, they're healthier so far.

The point is, here, the only thing we give a **** about is "are they good enough to stop the Patriots"? I don't think they are. I've seen no evidence that things will be any different than they were a year ago, except for venue. Indianapolis sort of showed that. They had little trouble running the ball, little trouble passing, and weren't even executing particularly well.

Where they are in the NFL Power Rankings really isn't all that relevant to most people here. It's not to the Patriots.

Fair enough for "we" but that doesn't include me. While I definitely give a **** if the Patriots can best them, I was off in the side conversation of do they have a weakness as well as some suggesting Denver was not a good D (I pay no mind to 85 Bears or Ravens talk radio type hot air). I believe Denver is a clearly a good D but, as I also suggested, the Indy game exposed a potential weakness (one I think TB/BB/JM can exploit).
Again if you don't give a **** whether they are good or not and you only care if the Patriots can beat them? I'm good with that train of thought :)

Any of you morons who have so much to say about how wrong my opinions are, why don't you PROVE it?

Opinions by definition are not proven...because they're individually perception based.

Sunday provided compelling evidence that:

a) Denver's demolition of Green Bay was at least as much about the Packers' issues than anything great Denver did.

b) Denver's very-good-but-not-historically-good defense of the first 6 weeks is their true value.

c) Manning will still struggle to put up 20 without both a strong running game and open receivers in the middle of the field.

If it weren't for all these damn injuries, I'd feel completely confident about NE taking Denver out in three weeks.

Who said that Denver's defense wasn't good. We are mocking the Chris Harris acting like the defense is perfect and the media putting them in the all time defense category.

2015 #Patriots: No. 1 in scoring offense, No. 3 in total offense. No. 5 in scoring defense, No. 8 in total defense. Pretty good.

#Patriots defense is quietly dominant. 4 of 8 games under 300 total yards. Now No. 3 against the run

#Patriots have allowed 17 TDs in 8 games. 4 were scored in final 2 minutes of blowout wins. 3 were scored by Bills in 4Q with 37-13 lead

Our D stacks up pretty good against theirs. Not bad for a young unit.

2015 #Patriots: No. 1 in scoring offense, No. 3 in total offense. No. 5 in scoring defense, No. 8 in total defense. Pretty good.

#Patriots defense is quietly dominant. 4 of 8 games under 300 total yards. Now No. 3 against the run

#Patriots have allowed 17 TDs in 8 games. 4 were scored in final 2 minutes of blowout wins. 3 were scored by Bills in 4Q with 37-13 lead

Our D stacks up pretty good against theirs. Not bad for a young unit.

our D stacks up with the top defenses in most every category........factor in the fantasy stats gained by opponents when the game has already been decided, and there's more to this defensive unit than the stats will attest

the DT depth is really starting to show......when on task, Branch is a beast with that size, and if he's on task, then the rest of them are likely on top of that, too......it gives the defense 9 guys who can go into coverage and a 2-5 look to give opposing OC's something more to think about

Have to remember that the Colts ST gave up a long TD return with time expired at the end of the first half. That's 7 points that a Patriot ST doesn't give up. Colts could have easily beat Denver by 10 to 13 points given they didn't kick that FG at end of game for 3 more......

Of course there is the "Denver is a different team at home" theory....

We'll find out in a few weeks....hopefully with more healthy players on the OL and DL......(along with Dion)

We'll find out in a few weeks....hopefully with more healthy players on the OL and DL......(along with Dion)

Dion won't be out in Denver either way. At this point, I'd count a full stable of lineman as a win.

Any word on Lewis' injury/status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST