PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs player Jovan Belcher dead in murder-suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banning you just isn't enough but it will have to do. Have a better life.

Lighten up it's called levity. Everyone knows it was a tragedy people react differently to things I choose not to brood over a heinous act. If I did I would never stop being depressed in this world. A wise man once said "Reality hits you hard bro"

Lighten up it's called levity. Everyone knows it was a tragedy people react differently to things I choose not to brood over a heinous act. If I did I would never stop being depressed in this world. A wise man once said "Reality hits you hard bro"

Some comic once explained that tragedy, after time, can be comedy.

Not enough time has passed here.

That's just awful. My hearts go out to all the parents.

The league would be wise to at least move the game to Monday.

Not brooding over it is fine, but that can be done private. Mocking a tragic event in public immediately after it occurred is beyond poor taste. It's just inappropriate. I specialize in trauma and see this kind of situation far more often than I'd like and the impact it has on families and the people involved, and to trivialize it is pathetic and insulting.

I can't imagine what Crennel and Pioli are going through right now, nevermind the rest of the family. Incredibly tragic.

I can't imagine what Crennel and Pioli are going through right now, nevermind the rest of the family. Incredibly tragic.

Agreed.

This is truly a tragedy in many levels.

so sad indeed....

Condolences to his and her families, the chiefs organization and especially the baby. Horrible news.

Last edited:
Very sad. I wish there was a way their child would never get to know what happened. Them being gone will be hard enough on the kid. Knowing why/how it happened is just too much.

Tragic.
The rate of suicide in this country is one of the largest failings of our society.
Yes, and with veterans it's even worse.

I tend to look at suicide as a symptom, not a cause that you can directly eradicate by "banning" it or something. Same with drug use. Ironically there may be layers of both involved in this tragedy.

To leave an infant behind like this is heart breaking and alarming on an outrageous level. I know it's been done before but for some reason this time it really bothers me. An infant ... I mean come on, man.

Required reading for anyone ever contemplating such an act

A Ballade of Suicide
G.K. Chesterton

The gallows in my garden, people say,
Is new and neat and adequately tall;
I tie the noose on in a knowing way
As one that knots his necktie for a ball;
But just as all the neighbours on the wall
Are drawing a long breath to shout "Hurray!"
The strangest whim has seized me. . . After all
I think I will not hang myself to-day.

To-morrow is the time I get my pay
My uncle's sword is hanging in the hall
I see a little cloud all pink and grey
Perhaps the rector's mother will NOT call
I fancy that I heard from Mr. Gall
That mushrooms could be cooked another way
I never read the works of Juvenal

The world will have another washing-day;
The decadents decay; the pedants pall;
And H.G. Wells has found that children play,
And Bernard Shaw discovered that they squall;
Rationalists are growing rational
And through thick woods one finds a stream astray,
So secret that the very sky seems small

ENVOI

Prince, I can hear the trumpet of Germinal,
The tumbrils toiling up the terrible way;
Even to-day your royal head may fall

Just heard they just had a child 3 months ago. That's just terrible. I feel awful for that kid. What a mess.

Everything about this situation is about as gruesome and terrible as it can get. He killed his girlfriend in front of her mother, and then shot himself in front of RAC and Pioli. Those three, along with possibly the baby, will be emotionally scarred in ways many of us will never understand. I feel for the Chiefs, and will be rooting hard for them on Sunday.

Sad...Sad...Sad on every level, young lives gone, RIP both of you.

This makes little sense today, and will make less sense tommorrow...

wow - poor soul. I wonder how this will effect the tone of the whole head injury case - if at all.

Hopefully you're referring to the woman he murdered. Because the player who killed himself deserves no sympathy as he had no soul.

Yes, and with veterans it's even worse.

I tend to look at suicide as a symptom, not a cause that you can directly eradicate by "banning" it or something. Same with drug use. Ironically there may be layers of both involved in this tragedy.

To leave an infant behind like this is heart breaking and alarming on an outrageous level. I know it's been done before but for some reason this time it really bothers me. An infant ... I mean come on, man.

That's kind of what I mean. It is a horrific shame that our society leads so many people to think that is the answer.

Hopefully you're referring to the woman he murdered. Because the player who killed himself deserves no sympathy as he had no soul.

Of course the sympathy should be directed to the innocent victim(s).

From the AP:

"KANSAS CITY, MO. (AP)
Police say Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Javon Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager.

Police spokesman Darin Snapp confirmed it was Belcher, a fourth-year player from West Babylon, N.Y., who played college ball at Maine. The woman's name has not yet been released.

Snapp said Belcher shot the woman at a Kansas City residence, then drove to the Chiefs facility. He thanked Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel for all they had done for him, then shot himself.

The Chiefs say Sunday's home game against the Carolina Panthers will go on as scheduled."

How awful, especially for the poor orphaned baby. :(

The murder is a terrible, awful tragedy.
The suicide afterward was something of a rational act.

Richard Seymour's father was in a similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents