PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Police confirm Murder-Suicide in McNair death investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they are dating someone who is emotionally unstable, just out of high school, and a heavy drug user, why wouldn't some of the responsibility go to them?

Not that he deserved it. No one deserves to get murdered.

But you are accountable for your actions and if your actions put you in harm's way ...

Think of it like this. You and I do not deserve to be robbed at gunpoint. But if we were to walk around drunk in an area of Boston with crackhouses, etc, flashing money, we would likely get robbed. Some of the responsibility has to be ours because of our poor choices. Not that we deserve to be robbed, but Jeez Louise, there are good choices in the world and bad choices, and you are a lot safer by not making certain bad choices.

So you're likening walking around drunk in a notoriously crime-filled slum to dating a woman that you come to learn has emotional issues? If you have to stretch an analogy that far to make your point, then odds are that you're wrong.

Once again, the more apt analogy would be driving on a Saturday night. It's more dangerous, because other people are irresponsible and get trashed before trying to drive home. Everyone knows that it's more dangerous. When possible, it really is best to just stay off the road. But what if someone chooses not to, and goes for a drive anyways? It's a poor decision, and it puts them in harm's way, so are they therefore responsible for it if they die? Or does the fault rest solely with the person who causes the accident?

McNair made a bad decision by dating her, but if that makes him responsible for the choice that she made to murder him, then I hope for your sake that you've never made a mistake in your life, because failing to recognize how desperate and disturbed someone is is a pretty easy mistake to make.

I'm trying to remember the timeline from all these reports; didn't she buy the gun just a couple days before the shooting also? Was it before or after the DUI?

She bought the gun a few hours after the arrest. All the rumors that have been popping up since saturday, seemed really bizarre yesterday. Now it all makes sense. Its too bad it happened. :(

if you're going to lie to your mistress about getting a divorce from your wife, and then compound it by having a 2nd mistress....don't be surprised if ya wind up dead.....

if you're going to lie to your mistress about getting a divorce from your wife, and then compound it by having a 2nd mistress....don't be surprised if ya wind up dead.....

there was no proof that he had a 2nd one. She just suspected it. However, after this past week, nothing would surprise me :confused:

So you're likening walking around drunk in a notoriously crime-filled slum to dating a woman that you come to learn has emotional issues? If you have to stretch an analogy that far to make your point, then odds are that you're wrong.

Once again, the more apt analogy would be driving on a Saturday night. It's more dangerous, because other people are irresponsible and get trashed before trying to drive home. Everyone knows that it's more dangerous. When possible, it really is best to just stay off the road. But what if someone chooses not to, and goes for a drive anyways? It's a poor decision, and it puts them in harm's way, so are they therefore responsible for it if they die? Or does the fault rest solely with the person who causes the accident?

McNair made a bad decision by dating her, but if that makes him responsible for the choice that she made to murder him, then I hope for your sake that you've never made a mistake in your life, because failing to recognize how desperate and disturbed someone is is a pretty easy mistake to make.

spacecrime is 100% correct, your just trying to nitpick and argue about nothing. His analogy is correct. End.

Last edited:
spacecrime is 100% correct, your just trying to nitpick and argue about nothing. His analogy is correct. End.

Well, because YOU said so, I guess 'space' is right, and 'bradyftw' is wrong :rolleyes:

This is a tragedy worthy of Shakespeare. No, BradyFTW, you're wrong. Here your superficiality is as garish as a Los Vegas neon sign. It was exactly this kind of muddled thinking that got McNair into the impasse he faced.

McNair wasn't dating, dipstick; rather, as a married man he made an immoral decision by practicing adultery. They understand that in Tennessee. I don't know about California. That he picked a Fatal Attraction sort of strumpet only made it, well, fatal.

But bad things were likely going to happen regardless--the dissolution of his marriage, the loss of a significant part of his estate, the harm done to his children, the loss of his good name, which in Jewish ethics is akin to death itself. You call this "a bad decision" and "dating"? What kind of moral universe do you inhabit?

As he fed the hopes and desires of an obviously (drug use is an indication) unbalanced & emotionally immature 20-year-old mistress, he couldn't figure a way of extricating himself from the imbroglio until it was too late. Of course, it goes without saying that he didn't deserve to be butchered execution-style. But when one rolls the dice like that...it's akin to russian roulette. And remember there are a lot of crazy females out there who look at professional athletes as meal tickets, as a means to an end.

I doubt we'll ever know what happened in that room. But let's call the adultery was it was:
Check out 1:38 of the video: YouTube - Metropolitan [1990] Part 7/11

What the 20-year-old did was evil. But sin has a way of begetting more sin, like lying. Ever read Macbeth?

Let's see.... You willingly enter an agreement with somebody, who by definition is less than rational, where they get half of your stuff when they get sick of you. Also, if you die before they take half your stuff, they get all your stuff, plus a life insurance policy. It sounds like just getting married is setting yourself up in the first place.

Steve McNair wasn't responsible for his own murder. If he was truly cheating, he was responsible for betraying a spouse, and creating situations where bad things can happen. It usually doesn't result in murder, but partying at bars with junkies at 2:00 AM can lead to any number of bad situations. In the end, we decide who we spend time with, who our friends are and how we treat them. I think that one of things, by which we are most greatly measured once we are gone, is how we treated others, especially those close to us.

Never did see a dead man surprised about anything.

Idiot Mike Lupica: the gun did it.

The same gun in a woman's hands can also do good, such as in thwarting a rape.

My guns haven't caused any crime yet. They must be defective.

Idiot Mike Lupica: the gun did it.

The same gun in a woman's hands can also do good, such as in thwarting a rape.

My guns haven't caused any crime yet. They must be defective.
The 20 year old can't buy liquor (assuming that's the law in TN, don't have time to look it up) but she can buy a gun. Makes a ton of sense there. I like Lupica.

The 20 year old can't buy liquor (assuming that's the law in TN, don't have time to look it up) but she can buy a gun. Makes a ton of sense there....

That just means that the age at which you're allowed to purchase liquor is too high.

im glad your feeble mind was able to understand it.

Hey rook, how about you offer something more to the conversation, before you start taking shots at someone. All you did was come on this board, and say someone was right. Try offering a reason why they're right next time. :rolleyes:

Am I wrong to think that in memory along with celebrating his ability to play football McNairs poor decision making should be discussed? Wouldnt anyone 36 or older see the potential that there are issues with a 20 year old who would date you at 36?

This is a tragedy worthy of Shakespeare. No, BradyFTW, you're wrong. Here your superficiality is as garish as a Los Vegas neon sign. It was exactly this kind of muddled thinking that got McNair into the impasse he faced.

McNair wasn't dating, dipstick; rather, as a married man he made an immoral decision by practicing adultery. They understand that in Tennessee. I don't know about California. That he picked a Fatal Attraction sort of strumpet only made it, well, fatal.

But bad things were likely going to happen regardless--the dissolution of his marriage, the loss of a significant part of his estate, the harm done to his children, the loss of his good name, which in Jewish ethics is akin to death itself. You call this "a bad decision" and "dating"? What kind of moral universe do you inhabit?

As he fed the hopes and desires of an obviously (drug use is an indication) unbalanced & emotionally immature 20-year-old mistress, he couldn't figure a way of extricating himself from the imbroglio until it was too late. Of course, it goes without saying that he didn't deserve to be butchered execution-style. But when one rolls the dice like that...it's akin to russian roulette. And remember there are a lot of crazy females out there who look at professional athletes as meal tickets, as a means to an end.

I doubt we'll ever know what happened in that room. But let's call the adultery was it was:
Check out 1:38 of the video: YouTube - Metropolitan [1990] Part 7/11

What the 20-year-old did was evil. But sin has a way of begetting more sin, like lying. Ever read Macbeth?

Probably going to shock you to learn that I was born and raised in a small town in Maine. This has absolutely nothing to do with my non-Christian, immoral, California ethics. Your insistence on ignoring the logic of my points and boiling it all down to a couple ignorant catch-all statements is just another example of why you so thoroughly fail to analyze... well, anything. It's why you're a joke of a poster on this board.

I agreed that he made an irresponsible decision. I'm not going to discuss the morals of it, because my own personal view (which is that it was immoral) is completely irrelevant to the question of what McNair was or wasn't responsible for. Your inability to separate your own purely subjective moral judgments from the logical and factual argument of what he should and could have reasonably anticipated is exactly what I expect from you. It's why you've completely failed at understanding how someone like Belichick works: he is the absolute antithesis of tradition-bound, heavy-handed, close-minded and willfully ignorant people like yourself. Get off your tractor and get a clue.

Last edited:

How is it correct? See, there are three ways that this could go:

1) Explain your opinion. Back it up, gain credibility.
2) Thoughtfully analyze the implications of the situation. Opinions evolve, everyone learns something, gain credibility.
3) Assert your opinion like a blowhard, and refuse to support it because you implicitly understand that it can't be supported. Reveal your fundamental ignorance of not only the subject matter, but how conversation and analysis work in general.

Man, the troll infestation is especially bad this year. It's a shame, in the past I've always come here because, minus a few of them, there was discussion of reasonable and interesting opinions, articulated by thoughtful analysis and supporting evidence. More and more, though, it's just getting overrun by people like this guy, state, feldspar, etc. etc. The name of the game for them seems to be to assert an opinion, then respond to any counter-argument by arguing over and over again that you're right and that's that and by the way you're entitled to your opinion so everyone else should just leave you alone. You can find that level of discourse anywhere (down the street at the local 7-11, for example), and it's a shame that this board is getting to that point.

Last edited:
The 20 year old can't buy liquor (assuming that's the law in TN, don't have time to look it up) but she can buy a gun. Makes a ton of sense there. I like Lupica.

Lupica is an insufferable twit, but that's only my opinion. I haven't read the article, but I assume the gist is we should have better gun control in this country. I don't own a gun and I don't want to own a gun, but I can tell you that, if I wanted one, I could get one on any street corner downtown. This will not change if we have better "gun control." Making guns illegal or harder to get ensures that more guns will be on the streets, the coffers of organized crime will run over, and gun crimes will be harder to solve.

It's sad when people get shot to death, but it's no sadder than when they get beaten to death, poisoned, stabbed, beheaded, thrown of a balcony, etc. Bottom line, as long as there are people that don't care about human life, there will be murders. You can take all the guns, knives, harpoons, crossbows, and baseball bats off the shelves at Walmart, and it won't change things one bit.

Last edited:
Lupica is an insufferable twit, but that's only my opinion. I haven't read the article, but I assume the gist is we should have better gun control in this country. I don't own a gun and I don't want to own a gun, but I can tell you that, if I wanted one, I could get one on any street corner downtown. This will not change if we have better "gun control." Making guns illegal or harder to get ensures that more guns will be on the streets, the coffers of organized crime will run over, and gun crimes will be harder to solve.

It's sad when people get shot to death, but it's no sadder then when they get beaten to death, poisoned, stabbed, beheaded, thrown of a balcony, etc. Bottom line, as long as they're are people that don't care about human life, there will be murders. You can take all the guns, knives, harpoons, crossbows, and baseball bats off the shelves at Walmart, and it won't change things one bit.

It's amazing how frequently people confuse "hey, I wanna kill this person, maybe I should go find a gun" with "hey, I have this gun right here, might as well go kill someone with it I guess...". It's like nobody ever got murdered until guns came along.

Last edited:
It's amazing how frequently people confuse "hey, I wanna kill this person, maybe I should go find a gun" with "hey, I have this gun right here, might as well go kill someone with it I guess...". It's like nobody ever got murdered until guns came along.

Well, I suppose if it were illegal to own a gun, it would cut down on accidental shootings. Maybe. Other than that, I don't see many positives, but I see a lot of negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call