PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers 'Fear No One'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassel has played well in mop up duty, but Volek's been better while actually playing when it mattered.

Cassel is slightly handicapped in this comparison by having never played when it mattered, but don't let that stop you.

Cassel is slightly handicapped in this comparison by having never played when it mattered, but don't let that stop you.

Exactly. He's never played when it matters, so do you think that works to his advantage?

Why are we discussing Volek vs. Cassel again? Let's face it people... if the backups are in, we're out.

EDIT: unless of course it's during mop up duty and you're blowing the other team out of the water... then... I guess... it would be a good thing.:D

Last edited:
Exactly. He's never played when it matters, so do you think that works to his advantage?

Use the same argument with Brady and Rivers, names reversed, (and a certain degree of relativity applied) then consider which pair are starting.

Volek was really good with Drew Bennett. He is a great long pass QB - awsome fantasy stud if he starts :p

NO... we want to earn it. Please tell your guys to show up on Sunday. :D

Sorry to disappoint you but the Oakland Raiders are not taking the field on Sunday. You can watch your "regular season" highlights all you want but it don't mean a damn when you get to the playoffs. This is something the Pats already know, and a lesson they are about to teach the Chargers. See you at the game, I'll bring you a box of Kleenex.

Its funny how quickly some of you Patriot fans forget the 2001 season.

Weren't you the team with the inexperienced QB? Coach with a mediocre playoff record? Team that had limited playoff experience on the roster?

Funny how none of that plays into your evaluation of the Chargers' chances this Sunday. Unfortunately, I think some of you will be surprised at how good of a team your Patriots will be up against this Sunday.

No one is scared.

Last edited:
Good, I hope they don't fear us and that we surprise the sh@#$t out of them, ala the 2001 and 2004 Pittsburgh Steelers.

Perhaps the most asinine comment I've read on this board to date.

Cassel's career stats:
0 Starts
32 Attempts
56.3% completion rate
2 TDs
1 Int

Volek's career stats:
10 starts
519 attempts
60.3% completion rate
26 TDs
13 Ints

Cassel has played well in mop up duty, but Volek's been better while actually playing when it mattered. And Volek actually has a career start, 10 of them in fact. Cassel has none. How anyone could argue that Cassel's the better QB after 32 career throws is beyond me. Are you basing that on how he played in high school, because we know he didn't play in college.

You've got the wrong backup... Testaverde is backing up Tom Brady last time I checked... You can look up his stats for me if you like... What was Volek's record this year with the Titans before he went to San Diego? Anyhow, you better hope that leg holds up is all I'm saying or it's going to be a even LONGER game for ya'll....

You've got the wrong backup... Testaverde is backing up Tom Brady last time I checked... You can look up his stats for me if you like... What was Volek's record this year with the Titans before he went to San Diego? Anyhow, you better hope that leg holds up is all I'm saying or it's going to be a even LONGER game for ya'll....

Enough with the backups already. It's a non-issue. PRs leg is 100%.

Rule of Human Nature #217:

When someone says "We fear no one"........... guess what that means!

And the thing is, this bravado has been acquired playing a bunch of .500 and worse teams!

And the thing is, this bravado has been acquired playing a bunch of .500 and worse teams!

Ummm I think we have to play who the NFL schedules us for. Guess what we did. Guess what we won 14 of em.

Actually the "bravado" come from having the highest scoring offense this year.

You guys are trippin...

"You definitely respect them for the things they've done in the past and the things they've done throughout the season," Chargers All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates said. "You just want to go out and play with respect. But at the same time, you fear no one. That's our mind-set."

Ummm sounds like he's give a lot of respect to the Patriots. You guys dwell on 4 words out of all the entire quote. "you fear no one". Um I would say that is an appropriate attitude to have when you finish with the best record in the league and top in scoring as well. I find it hard to believe you guys are looking past everything else that was said. It's not as if he was saying Ahhh new england sucks. We'll destroy them.

Man some of you guys are wound a bit tight.

Yeah...maybe we should drop some acid ,dewd and trip out...maybe go to Mission Beach, catch some tasty waves,have a Fatburger and chill, yo.

Why dont you put that highest scoring offense bet up against a BB Defense.

Ummm I think we have to play who the NFL schedules us for. Guess what we did. Guess what we won 14 of em.

Actually the "bravado" come from having the highest scoring offense this year.

You guys are trippin...

Ummm sounds like he's give a lot of respect to the Patriots. You guys dwell on 4 words out of all the entire quote. "you fear no one". Um I would say that is an appropriate attitude to have when you finish with the best record in the league and top in scoring as well. I find it hard to believe you guys are looking past everything else that was said. It's not as if he was saying Ahhh new england sucks. We'll destroy them.

Man some of you guys are wound a bit tight.

Why, we give the requisite degree of respect to the San Diego team, too. They did, after all, win 14 games.

However, you have to admit that your team has precious little to offer up in the way of positive playoff experiences, so you'll forgive us when we say, "Why don't we wait a little bit and see how this shakes out".

When we say we've seen, and beaten, better than yours, we're not kidding.

We look forward to Sunday afternoon's game, and we definitely look forward to seeing all you Charger fans here on our board Sunday night! Every single one of you!

Now remember - no excuses!

Enjoy your stay....

Its funny how quickly some of you Patriot fans forget the 2001 season.

Weren't you the team with the inexperienced QB? Coach with a mediocre playoff record? Team that had limited playoff experience on the roster?

Funny how none of that plays into your evaluation of the Chargers' chances this Sunday.

But, we had one thing then that you guys don't - a 6th round draft pick at QB. :D

The Chargers fear the Pat's or their trash owner, Alex Spanos, wouldn't block Pat's fans from buying tickets!

Last edited:
Did I misread this LT quote?

"I'm not sure what to expect from him," Tomlinson said. "He is excited about being in the playoffs. Part of being a quarterback, you keep that even keel of not getting too excited. But in the weight room just a while ago he was talking about how after the New England game, he was already ready to go. So I'm thinking to myself, 'We've got a long way to go. We've got six days, Philip.'

Does he mean that Rivers was already looking past the Patriots as though it was a sure win?

I'm confused by that statement.

Did I misread this LT quote?

Does he mean that Rivers was already looking past the Patriots as though it was a sure win?

I'm confused by that statement.

He was ready to play football. You know...eager. And LT's thinking "calm down, we have six days before the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST