PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers DB's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit that at the end of the game, the Chargers were all over Wayne. I can't figure out why Clark couldn't get open, but they clearly forgot about running the ball and Manning was obsessed with throwing short passing near the line of scrimmage. No wonder he watches a ton of tape. He isn't very bright.

Did you watch the Colts game or are you just one of those people who looks at the stats afterwards and tries to interpret what happened? If you'd watched it you'd know that almost all of Manning's yards were gains up the middle and to his 3rd, 4th, and 5th receivers. Wayne and Harrison barely caught anything all night because Cromartie and Jammer shut them down.
So what are you saying? That receptions only count if they go to the #1 or #2 receiver. That's because you only have 2 NFL caliber receivers.

You didn't win the game because you held Manning to 400 yards passing by "locking down" the Colts WRS. You won because he turned the ball over in the red zone.

There isnt a CB alive who can cover Moss one on one. Even someone like Cromartie would need to be 15 yards off Moss to have any chance of playing him deep solo, and that would basically make Moss a guaranteed 1st down.

Shutting down Harrison wasn't much of a trick. How many times was he thrown to? Once? We'll take 400 yards in dump-offs any day -- the difference is Brady won't turn the ball over.
it's not like brady's immune to turning the ball over against us lol

There isnt a CB alive who can cover Moss one on one. Even someone like Cromartie would need to be 15 yards off Moss to have any chance of playing him deep solo, and that would basically make Moss a guaranteed 1st down.

Cromartie's 40 yard dash time at the Combine was 4.30 seconds and that was coming off an injury too. Moss supposedly runs a 4.28 second 40 yard dash which is only slightly faster. Cromartie can keep up with Moss.

words from cro regarding brady

What makes Patriots QB Tom Brady so good?

“His receivers. I mean he has great receivers. I don’t want to take anything away from him, he makes the throws that most quarterbacks can’t make and he makes the reads that most quarterbacks can’t make. There are probably only two or three quarterbacks in the NFL that can do the things that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre can do. They make the throws that no one else can make and that’s what separates them from the rest.”

Cromartie's 40 yard dash time at the Combine was 4.30 seconds and that was coming off an injury too. Moss supposedly runs a 4.28 second 40 yard dash which is only slightly faster. Cromartie can keep up with Moss.

Bethel Johnson ran a 4.2. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6... Which one would you take ?

Playing receiver is not all about 40yd dash speed. Needless to say you're a football newbie :bricks:. If Norvy wants to play Moss man to man with Cromartie, then get ready for a looooooooooooooong afternoon

Speaking of speed......how fast does Quentin Jammer run his 40.....he's going to need it to cover Donte.:rocker:

How quickly the Chargers fans forget that Manning just put up 400 yards on their vaunted secondary.
Their secondary has always been viewed as their achiulles heel.

I dont think anyone forgot that. Its not yards that matter, its points. You guys can have your yards but once you get into the red zone our defense will tighten up and hopefully force Brady to make some mistakes.

Bethel Johnson ran a 4.2. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6... Which one would you take ?

Playing receiver is not all about 40yd dash speed. Needless to say you're a football newbie :bricks:. If Norvy wants to play Moss man to man with Cromartie, then get ready for a looooooooooooooong afternoon

Speaking of speed......how fast does Quentin Jammer run his 40.....he's going to need it to cover Donte.:rocker:

HA! you act like we've never seen Moss play before. We've been shutting him down pretty well for a while.

How quickly the Chargers fans forget that Manning just put up 400 yards on their vaunted secondary.
Their secondary has always been viewed as their achiulles heel.

I am just NOT buying it that they have suddenly all become lock down coners.

not disagreeing per se, but i'd just like to point out that this is the kind of thing everyone said about indy's defense going into last season's playoffs.

you are aware that cromartie didn't start his 40yd dash facing backwards like he will against moss right?

LOL :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone forgot that. Its not yards that matter, its points. You guys can have your yards but once you get into the red zone our defense will tighten up and hopefully force Brady to make some mistakes.

sure he's thrown 0 interceptions in the last 60+ times in the red zone, but the bolts mediocre secondary will be the one that gets him?

you are aware that cromartie didn't start his 40yd dash facing backwards like he will against moss right?

LOL :rolleyes:

LOL that is quite possibly one of the greatest threads on any board I have ever read!!! Never looked at it like that

I am pretty confident the Patriots will win...BUT the 14 point margin is ridiculously high.

If you think the line is too high then why not fly to vegas this week and put your house down on the Chargers plus the points?

The old saying
"Put your money where your mouth is"

sure he's thrown 0 interceptions in the last 60+ times in the red zone, but the bolts mediocre secondary will be the one that gets him?
maybe not redzone but mediocre? they int brady everytime they play him lol

Well here is the deal, Cromartie is a great athlete and becoming a good corner. He is 6'3" as a corner which is huge. Sure he can jump high, just about as high as moss. He may be a hair slower than moss but that won't make a difference cuz there are a few other corners in the league who are in the 4.3 range. So why are two guys that match up almost exactly in physical numbers not playing the same position? Well moss is a receiver because he has phenominal hands and is the best I have ever seen at jumping up and being the one that comes down with it. Cromartie is a corner because even though he did have that great pick against manning earlier in the year, he just isnt good enough at catching the football to be a receiver. He also doesn't have as good of footwork as moss. As someone said earlier Cornerbacks start their coverage by running backwards. Moss as a receiver also has the advantage of knowing where he is going and where brady is throwing the ball, Cromartie does not.

One more thing, I don't care if Cromartie can run a 4.3 40 yard dash. Moss is sub 4.3, Stallworth runs a 4.3 and Ben Watson runs under a 4.4, Welker doesn't have the 40-time but he is quick. Bottom line we are just way too fast for the chargers and brady is gonna come to play. I like how all the charger fans on the threads can talk about is last year. Last year they were 14-2, we were 12-4 and we still beat them when brady had a terrible game. The game was in SD and this year it is in NE. We got better and you guys got worse this year. In the end the pats should win but thats why they play the games, I can't wait for this weekend!!!!!!!

One more thing, I don't care if Cromartie can run a 4.3 40 yard dash. Moss is sub 4.3, Stallworth runs a 4.3 and Ben Watson runs under a 4.4, Welker doesn't have the 40-time but he is quick. Bottom line we are just way too fast for the chargers and brady is gonna come to play. I like how all the charger fans on the threads can talk about is last year. Last year they were 14-2, we were 12-4 and we still beat them when brady had a terrible game. The game was in SD and this year it is in NE. We got better and you guys got worse this year. In the end the pats should win but thats why they play the games, I can't wait for this weekend!!!!!!!

They get delusional in SD given all the LSD laiden koolaid they've been drinking the last couple years.

Pats 42
Classy SD 13

Lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore