PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour... [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour.....

This is baloney. Hardwick needs to shut his mouth. Players have been doing things like that forever - it's part of the game. If Hardwick thinks Seymour is bad, he never would have been able to face guys like Nitschke, Butkus, Youngblood,and Bednarik.

Last edited:

You do NOT cry tp the press about this.....

Be a man and keep it within the fraternity of players.

Re: Hardwick Whines...

As Reiss noted in his game blog:

Seymour & McNeill
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 20, 2008 03:02 PM

Some pretty intense pre-game jawing between Patriots DL and Chargers LT Marcus McNeill after both teams took the field. Seymour appeared to be hot at McNeill for some reason.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have to wonder if there wasn't something said about last year's post game stuff because Seymour was pointing to the Patriots logo and pointing back at McNeill.

Some have speculated that it was the fact that the Chargers took the field with Patriots instead of when they were announced, but it looked to me like it was about last year. Remember, Seymour didn't play in the first SD game here so this was his first chance to tell them what he thought.

And BTW, both guys had to be restrained by teammates, so it was very heated. I thought they were going to start swinging at each other. I kinda figured Seymour was going to be nasty after that.

“Their mindset was to try to intimidate us and see if we’ll back down, everyone seems to think we’re soft — that we’re Southern Cal boys and we’re not going to play hard and we’re soft and we’re quitters. We’re just as dirty, if not dirtier than anyone else in the league, so we like that. That’s the way Kansas City was. That’s the way Tennessee was. They think they’re going to swell up on us and be bigger than us, tougher.”

Now, 10 points for anyone who correctly guesses which Charger made that quote during the season ;)

Re: Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour... [merged]

dale and holley will have an interview with seymour in the 11:00pm hour i believe. they are saying they will ask him about this

Now, 10 points for anyone who correctly guesses which Charger made that quote during the season ;)

Hardwick. Wasn't that in the original post that kicked this offf?

PFnV

class:mad: less

That quote is hilarious. What a hypocrite.

Re: Chargers Center Hardwick rips into Seymour

Rodney has everyone beat by a mile. The new Sporting News players poll just came out of dirtiest player and Rodney received 31 votes. Second place was Richie Incognito with 8 votes.

Poor Incognito. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Rodney has everyone beat by a mile. The new Sporting News players poll just came out of dirtiest player and Rodney received 31 votes. Second place was Richie Incognito with 8 votes.

That's only because the refs didn't recognize him.

Re: Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour... [merged]

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

HARDWICK TEES OFF ON SEYMOUR

The last time the Chargers lost to the Patriots in the postseason, running back LaDainian Tomlinson complained about the antics of certain Patriots players after the game. This time around, center Nick Hardwick went off on one specific Patriot following the San Diego loss.

Specifically, Hardwick accused defensive lineman Richard Seymour of being a dirty player.

"There are 10 [bleeping] good players on that team," Hardwick said, according to the Boston Herald. "But Richard Seymour is a dirty, cheap, little pompous [expletive]. He's cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time. They've got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they've got 11 great players who compete how you’re supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest [expletive] I've ever played."

So what did he do?

"Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back," Hardwick said. "He's a [expletive]. . . . There were a lot of things he did. There's a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren't doing anything about it. He plays like a punk."

Sounds to me like another classy pats Dline member.....pair him with Wilfork and you have total class :mad:

Maybe they should play in tuxedos and drink tea with finger sandwiches.:rolleyes:

Bucko Kilroy....

"That is the reply of losers," he said.

"The losers will never admit that the Eagles were just the more physical team, or that the Eagles just wanted it more. The losers will not state, 'Wow! The Eagles physically blew us off the line of scrimmage running Van Buren down our throats!' The losing teams always had an excuse stating the Eagles were a dirty football team.'

Last edited:
How about that schmuck on the broncos that got hit in the balls by Logan Mankins,At least he didnt make a huge deal of it

What is it with this team? Are they incapable of keeping their mouths shut for 5 goddamn minutes? It's unreal. I've never seen such a mouthy, whiny team and it's not just Rivers or LdT, it's Igor and now Hardwick. Always someone new.

There is probably some truth to what he's saying about Seymour, but that's not the point. Write a complaint to the league, send in the film, let your coach deal with it. Do you honeslty think the Pats have not encountered dirty players from other teams before? When was the last time one of them went running to the media and said something like this after it? Just when I start to gain more respect for Rivers et. al, some idiot says something like this and I just think they are still the immature, pathetic sore losers that will waste their primes blaming everyone else for why they aren't winning.

While the Chargers were generally complimentary of the Patriots following today’s victory, one notable exception was center Nick Hardwick, who went off on Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour in an expletive-laden tirade caught by colleague Rob Bradford in the Chargers locker room.

“There are 10 (bleeping) good players on that team,” Hardwick said. “But Richard Seymour is a dirty, cheap, little pompous (expletive).”

Hardwick was only getting started.

“He’s cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time,” Hardwick said. “They’ve got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they’ve got 11 great players who compete how you’re supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest (expletive) I’ve ever played.”

Hardwick said Seymour usually plays this way, but that he, “took it it to another level today.”

“Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back,” Hardwick said. “He’s a (expletive). … There were a lot of things he did. There’s a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren’t doing anything about it. He plays like a punk.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2008/01/20/hardwick-seymour-is-a/

Wow, somebody just lost didn't they. . .

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Good to hear some logic and some truth behind all the "Chargers are whining" talk. IF it's true, then it was a dirty and cheap win for Seymor but regardless if it's true or not Nick looks like a sore loser.

Well, I'd sure like to know which plays, specifically, Nick is talking about? I know ONE play were Seymour bumped Rivers and Rivers went flying like a pansy trying to draw a penalty. But I didn't see Seymour doing anything untowardly otherwise.

If Sey was being an Ass, then he deserves to be called out for it. Nick, on the other hand, needs to stop following the lead of his RB.

I hope he doesn't get chop blocked or swiped at the knees in an act of retribution.
I am a bit bothered about the comments we here about 'cheap' play from Wilfork, Sey, and Rodney...and even Vrabel has been named. I think of our guys as being models of sportsmanship so it's hard for me to be impartial.

I called out Vrabel because of the leg whip that he tried to put on Rivers early in the game. It was uncalled for and Vrabel should have been flagged.

He's screwed when we meet again.
This time Richard won't be as nice

That poll has always been a joke. ALWAYS. The fact is that they don't interview enough players for it to be legit. Also, Kevin Mawae was dirtier than Harrison ever was or will be.

Well, I'd sure like to know which plays, specifically, Nick is talking about? I know ONE play were Seymour bumped Rivers and Rivers went flying like a pansy trying to draw a penalty. But I didn't see Seymour doing anything untowardly otherwise.

If Sey was being an Ass, then he deserves to be called out for it. Nick, on the other hand, needs to stop following the lead of his RB.

FYI, not to you but to other on this thread, but the Chargers are not the only team in the league who complains. Remember when Merriman "smashed" into Vince Young. Remember the ensuing cheap shots that they were doing to Merriman. They were doing illegal motion crack backs, double teaming him and going for his knees and finally jumping on him when he was on the ground only to injure him. It was Young who ran into Merriman and Merriman was called a cheap shot artist. I know how you guys feel on certain situations. Maybe Hardwick thought the "shove" of Rivers was intentional. Who knows how good his view of it was but Rivers plopped to the ground to draw a flag, not because he was pushed, something every vet QB would do in this league. I would LOVE to see the plays that he was refering to considering my TiVo ran out of room and only recorded for 30 minutes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News