PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour... [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chargers Center Hardwick rips into Seymour

ouch. I mean..i understand Seymour isnt 1 of the nicest guys..he does hit people late every so often but this is just wow. i hope its not true..Sey is a great player and has been great but I wouldnt be entirely shocked if some of this is true..especially after the Tarik Glenn stomp thing last year or 2 years ago whenever it was

You know, I have no problem with D lineman taking their cracks at O lineman. Don't you think they have to endure holds and chop blocks from the O line all game? D lineman I hear interviewed say this is they do a little "street justice" to take care of all those chop blocks. I am sure if you asked Sey off the record he would have said we stomped Tarik Glen because he was doing chop blocks and knee crap all game...

Yup Sey is probably doing alot of this stuff, and it's amazing but he is the ONLY one in the NFL doing it also.

A quote from Hardwick after the Titans game earlier this year:

"Their mindset was to try to intimidate us and we see if we'll back down. Everyone seems to think we're soft that we're Southern Cal boys and we're not going to play hard and were soft and we're quitters,'' Hardwick said.

"We're just as dirty if not dirtier than anyone else in the league, so we like that. That's the way Kansas City was, the way Tennessee was. They think they're going to swell up on us and be bigger than us, tougher.''

While we're on the topic of Seymour, does anybody else notice that Seymour is always doing some weird thing with his neck/shoulders? It's like a quick snap/roll of his upper back, and he does it over and over and over again? Just something I picked up on...

Yeah I have noticed him doing this the last few years. It's like he is re adjusting his spine after every play.

BBBBAAAWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, he hit me. Bwaaaaaaa Bwaaaaaaa HooHooooHoooo. He a big bully Bwaaaa Bwaaaaaa.

Hey Hardwick--GFY.

I guess now they'll be gunning for payback again next year.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2008/01/20/hardwick-seymour-is-a/

January 20th, 2008
Hardwick: “Seymour is a !&@@*”
Posted by John Tomase at 11:48 pm

NOTE: We bumped this to the top, because it’s the most interesting item to come out of the postgame. For all manner of Patriots reaction, read the posts below.

While the Chargers were generally complimentary of the Patriots following today’s victory, one notable exception was center Nick Hardwick, who went off on Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour in an expletive-laden tirade caught by colleague Rob Bradford in the Chargers locker room.

“There are 10 (bleeping) good players on that team,” Hardwick said. “But Richard Seymour is a dirty, cheap, little pompous (expletive).”

Hardwick was only getting started.

“He’s cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time,” Hardwick said. “They’ve got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they’ve got 11 great players who compete how you’re supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest (expletive) I’ve ever played.”

Hardwick said Seymour usually plays this way, but that he, “took it it to another level today.”

“Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back,” Hardwick said. “He’s a (expletive). … There were a lot of things he did. There’s a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren’t doing anything about it. He plays like a punk.”

UPDATE: A number of readers have forwarded us this quote from the Tennessean, from Hardwick earlier this season after they beat the Titans.

“Their mindset was to try to intimidate us and see if we’ll back down,” Hardwick said. “Everyone seems to think we’re soft — that we’re Southern Cal boys and we’re not going to play hard and we’re soft and we’re quitters. We’re just as dirty, if not dirtier than anyone else in the league, so we like that. That’s the way Kansas City was. That’s the way Tennessee was. They think they’re going to swell up on us and be bigger than us, tougher.”

Re: Hardwick Whines...

January 20th, 2008
Hardwick: “Seymour is a !&@@*”
Posted by John Tomase at 11:48 pm

NOTE: We bumped this to the top, because it’s the most interesting item to come out of the postgame. For all manner of Patriots reaction, read the posts below.

While the Chargers were generally complimentary of the Patriots following today’s victory, one notable exception was center Nick Hardwick, who went off on Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour in an expletive-laden tirade caught by colleague Rob Bradford in the Chargers locker room.

“There are 10 (bleeping) good players on that team,” Hardwick said. “But Richard Seymour is a dirty, cheap, little pompous (expletive).”

Hardwick was only getting started.

“He’s cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time,” Hardwick said. “They’ve got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they’ve got 11 great players who compete how you’re supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest (expletive) I’ve ever played.”

Hardwick said Seymour usually plays this way, but that he, “took it it to another level today.”

“Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back,” Hardwick said. “He’s a (expletive). … There were a lot of things he did. There’s a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren’t doing anything about it. He plays like a punk.”

UPDATE: A number of readers have forwarded us this quote from the Tennessean, from Hardwick earlier this season after they beat the Titans.

“Their mindset was to try to intimidate us and see if we’ll back down,” Hardwick said. “Everyone seems to think we’re soft — that we’re Southern Cal boys and we’re not going to play hard and we’re soft and we’re quitters. We’re just as dirty, if not dirtier than anyone else in the league, so we like that. That’s the way Kansas City was. That’s the way Tennessee was. They think they’re going to swell up on us and be bigger than us, tougher.”

Yawnnnnnnnn. Sey will send you a bouquet of flowers from AZ for stomping on your azz and hearts today.

Another Classy idiot from Chargers. and you wonder why this team keeps losing to us
LdT
Eye-gore
Hardwick
Florence (head butting last year)
Rivers
Merriman

list goes on.

After Seymour's so-so year, we'll take it as a compliment that he's being trashed by the opponents (Mankins style).

When most teams loose they walk away and give some praise, when the Bolts loose there is always someone to blame or someone did not play fair... these guys are tiring.. maybe that is why they do not go to the superbowl.

crybaby.png

.....​

When most teams loose they walk away and give some praise,

Don't be so selective in what you read and hear.
"There are 10 (bleeping) good players on that team" sounds like praise to me.

Don't be so selective in what you read and hear.
"There are 10 (bleeping) good players on that team" sounds like praise to me.

Except I'm pretty sure Ellis Hobbs is still supposedly the "sorriest corner in the league," according to Rivers LOL. I wonder how it feels to be intercepted by the sorriest corner in the league...

It is kind of noteworthy how the Bolts always spring a verbal leak somewhere on the team, even though (this time,) they seemed to be pretty focused on shutting up and playing.

Lady Tom even gave the Pats props all week, and kept quiet afterwards.

Guys, pass a memo around, will ya?

Losers schedule tee times. They don't tell people how to beat them next time.

PFnV

And why is it whining?

Or are you whining because you can't stand the truth?

- Jack Nicholson

Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour... [merged]

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

HARDWICK TEES OFF ON SEYMOUR

The last time the Chargers lost to the Patriots in the postseason, running back LaDainian Tomlinson complained about the antics of certain Patriots players after the game. This time around, center Nick Hardwick went off on one specific Patriot following the San Diego loss.

Specifically, Hardwick accused defensive lineman Richard Seymour of being a dirty player.

"There are 10 [bleeping] good players on that team," Hardwick said, according to the Boston Herald. "But Richard Seymour is a dirty, cheap, little pompous [expletive]. He's cheap and dirty and the head man just let him get away with it the whole time. They've got 10 great players on that team and when Jarvis Green comes on the field, they've got 11 great players who compete how you’re supposed to play. But Richard Seymour is the biggest [expletive] I've ever played."

So what did he do?

"Head slapping, foot stomping in the pile, running by and throwing punches in your back," Hardwick said. "He's a [expletive]. . . . There were a lot of things he did. There's a field goal where he was stomping feet. Who stomps feet? And the officials weren't doing anything about it. He plays like a punk."

Sounds to me like another classy pats Dline member.....pair him with Wilfork and you have total class :mad:

Last edited:
Re: Charger center Harwick calls out Richard Seymour.....

Haha. You lost.

LET HIM WHINE. I want Seymour to impose his will. We've been waiting for him to do that all season. The fact that this clown is complaining means that Seymour DID HIS JOB, IMHO. He got in his head. I wonder if he complains when his teammate does his lights out dance after every sack. :rolleyes:

Haha. You lost.

lol Not a Charger fan at all...and I cant stand Merriman and his lights out dance as well

Yeah, Seymour is the only lineman in the league to get down and dirty in the trenches. Please.
Anyone who ever played lineman at any level knows stuff happens in those piles. It is unusual for one of the linemen to be whining about it. Most guys just try to get 'em back on the next play.

I suppose crying to the press is "classier" than doing your job in his eyes. That, and they may be looking for a "reason" they lost: ie those meanies on the other side played dirty. Sad to see a lineman crying about the roughness of the trenches.

on a side note, it was a bit funny how Rivers flew to the ground from a shoulder nudge from Seymour. (not saying he should have done it)

Just found this quote in another thread from him:

Last edited:

Give Seymour credit for being out there playing with his own knee issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back