PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones' Brother Jon 'Bones' Allegedly Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that play also but it's expressive of the reason why I worry about Edelman. I would hate to see him become a concussion casualty as his life beyond football unfolds.

Brady doesn't usually put his receivers in that position like Manning does. That said, there was no tomorrow, it was 3rd and long, and nobody else was open beyond the sticks. Chancellor is a ferocious hitter but Brady put that ball in there as hard as he possibly could to give Edelman the best chance possible. The result is that the majority of the collision takes place in the shoulder pad area instead of the helmet. How Edelman held onto that ball (not only that, but switched arms so he could brace himself) is beyond me.

Brady doesn't usually put his receivers in that position like Manning does. That said, there was no tomorrow, it was 3rd and long, and nobody else was open beyond the sticks. Chancellor is a ferocious hitter but Brady put that ball in there as hard as he possibly could to give Edelman the best chance possible. The result is that the majority of the collision takes place in the shoulder pad area instead of the helmet. How Edelman held onto that ball (not only that, but switched arms so he could brace himself) is beyond me.

Points taken. I think my reaction is partially generated by my own experiences. I was a rifleman in Vietnam. I saw many of our best pay the ultimate price because they were so selfless and dedicated. I don't want to see players like Edelman, and there aren't many, reap anything but reward.

Points taken. I think my reaction is partially generated by my own experiences. I was a rifleman in Vietnam. I saw many of our best pay the ultimate price because they were so selfless and dedicated. I don't want to see players like Edelman, and there aren't many, reap anything but reward.

True.

I follow MMA pretty closely so I'm fairly up to date on it as its a big deal for the sport, especially with him having a fight in four weeks. Albequerque PD has issued an arrest warrant for him for felony hit and run (victim broke her arm). Responding officer found weed and a pipe in the car, not that weed itself usa big deal but he has prior DUI's. Reports now are saying that he's lawyered up.

Couple of answers to questions that you may have regarding him and the sport:
1) What's he doing in Alberquerque? He moved a few months ago to be very close to his head trainer, Greg Jackson and their camp, Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA. Stable of horses there. Several top-5 guys from multiple weight classes. Greg Jackson is kinda like the Phil Jackson of MMA. Technically marvelous but pretty out there. Between rounds he tells Jon things like "find your waterfall", "breaaaaatheeeeeee", "you are fighting a beautiful, artful, creative painting right now, Jon", etc...Jon seems to eat up the Yoda speak.

2) Sounds like a weirdo? Is he? Yep. He's obsessed with feral cats, namely lions. Has a pet African Serval named Mufasa. It ran away once but he scaled a tree and brought it home. Jones was treated for wounds sustained during the recapture. Seriously. He makes weird Instagram posts and deletes them almost daily. Engages with trolls and hecklers monthly.

3) Woah. So is he really as good as people say he is? Absolutely. Best fighter to ever live, hands down. Ali in his prime level dominant with the same level of competition and he has dispatched all but one with relative ease. Moreover he beats these guys at their own game, shifting gameplans fight to fight to meet the strengths of their game head-on and he does so dominantly. The only guy who ever gave him a fight had better reach and boxing and still only won two rounds against him before Jones turned it on and dominated the final three. We are talking Ali/Jordan/Bo Jackson/LT in their primes level dominance. He is an incredible, transcendent fighter.

4) So what's his deal? He comes off as a person with enormous pressure on his shoulders, a complex likely from his brothers' mainstream success, who is both insanely competitive and insanely ****y yet insecure at the same time. I think he's a very analytical person who lets his mind screw with his consciousness. The last guy he fought really got into his head and I don't think he's completely recovered from that. On top of that, he tries very hard to present himself as a good Christian boy when underneath he's still a kid in his mid twenties with outrageous money, talent, and a crazy spotlight on him. He struggles with fame and it's clearly having a very negative effect on him. It honestly looks like when Tyson started falling apart. Very, very sad to see such a great talent begin to degrade like this as much as I don't like him outside of the ring.

I follow MMA pretty closely so I'm fairly up to date on it as its a big deal for the sport, especially with him having a fight in four weeks. Albequerque PD has issued an arrest warrant for him for felony hit and run (victim broke her arm). Responding officer found weed and a pipe in the car, not that weed itself usa big deal but he has prior DUI's. Reports now are saying that he's lawyered up.

1) What's he doing in Alberquerque? He moved a few months ago to be very close to his head trainer, Greg Jackson and their camp, Jackson-Winkeljohn MMA. Stable of horses there. Several top-5 guys from multiple weight classes. Greg Jackson is kinda like the Phil Jackson of MMA. Technically marvelous but pretty out there. Between rounds he tells Jon things like "find your waterfall", "breaaaaatheeeeeee", "you are fighting a beautiful, artful, creative painting right now, Jon", etc...Jon seems to eat up the Yoda speak.

2) Sounds like a weirdo? Is he? Yep. He's obsessed with feral cats, namely lions. Has a pet African Serval named Mufasa. It ran away once but he scaled a tree and brought it home. Jones was treated for wounds sustained during the recapture. Seriously. He makes weird Instagram posts and deletes them almost daily. Engages with trolls and hecklers monthly.

3) Woah. So is he really as good as people say he is? Absolutely. Best fighter to ever live, hands down. Ali in his prime level dominant with the same level of competition and he has dispatched all but one with relative ease. Moreover he beats these guys at their own game, shifting gameplans fight to fight to meet the strengths of their game head-on and he does so dominantly. The only guy who ever gave him a fight had better reach and boxing and still only won two rounds against him before Jones turned it on and dominated the final three. We are talking Ali/Jordan/Bo Jackson/LT in their primes level dominance. He is an incredible, transcendent fighter.

4) So what's his deal? He comes off as a person with enormous pressure on his shoulders, a complex likely from his brothers' mainstream success, who is both insanely competitive and insanely ****y yet insecure at the same time. I think he's a very analytical person who lets his mind screw with his consciousness. The last guy he fought really got into his head and I don't think he's completely recovered from that. On top of that, he tries very hard to present himself as a good Christian boy when underneath he's still a kid in his mid twenties with outrageous money, talent, and a crazy spotlight on him. He struggles with fame and it's clearly having a very negative effect on him. It honestly looks like when Tyson started falling apart. Very, very sad to see such a great talent begin to degrade like this as much as I don't like him outside of the ring.

Jones is definitely the best in the sport right now but Connor MacGregor is still my favorite fighter.

Jones is definitely the best in the sport right now but Connor MacGregor is still my favorite fighter.

Dude! Don't get me started on McGregor. I've never rooted for a fighter more in my entire life. I think he has a legit shot at beating Aldo as well. Aldo doesn't angle out well enough to handle him on the feet despite how fast he is.

by the way, best sig ever.

Dude! Don't get me started on McGregor. I've never rooted for a fighter more in my entire life. I think he has a legit shot at beating Aldo as well. Aldo doesn't angle out well enough to handle him on the feet despite how fast he is.

Agreed. I got a little moist when he jumped over the fence and got right in Aldo's face.

by the way, best sig ever.

As I said earlier, that was my favorite play of the game. More than the TD or the Butler INT because that, right there, was the turning point. How the Hell Edelman managed to hold onto that ball is beyond me.

Bigger story is that he was driving a Buick.
That is just disgusting on so many levels ...
If you're driving a Buick you are either married or have zero game.

Agreed. I got a little moist when he jumped over the fence and got right in Aldo's face.

I was at that fight, about 20 seats away from them, hammered drunk on irish whiskey I had been fed by the gaggle of Dubliners surrounding me the entire card when that happened. You couldn't hear your buddy screaming in your ear it was so loud in there. It was uh-may-zing.

I was at that fight, about 20 seats away from them, hammered drunk on irish whiskey I had been fed by the gaggle of Dubliners surrounding me the entire card when that happened. You couldn't hear your buddy screaming in your ear it was so loud in there. It was uh-may-zing.

Was that your first excursion to the mother land?

Was that your first excursion to the mother land?

Nah man, the fence jump was in Boston after he dismantled Siver. It was, however, stuffed with Irishmen. I think every ex-pat living in Boston was there and the guys sitting around us flew in the day before just for the fight. I would have loved to have been there when he snatched the belt off of Aldo in Dublin and held it up for the crowd at that presser in Dublin, though. The man is one hell of a showman.

Nah man, the fence jump was in Boston after he dismantled Siver. It was, however, stuffed with Irishmen. I think every ex-pat living in Boston was there and the guys sitting around us flew in the day before just for the fight. I would have loved to have been there when he snatched the belt off of Aldo in Dublin and held it up for the crowd at that presser in Dublin, though. The man is one hell of a showman.

Ah okay. I'm not as avid a watcher of MMA as you are so I got my instances mixed up. And yes, McGregor is the best troll in MMA currently. That's the only place where Jones comes in second to anyone in any weight class.

Jones is making his name in a time that there are not many talents on his division or they are old and washed up. He is also a freak of nature with a long reach that allow him to use his elbows almost to the extension of a punch. Not taking anything away from him but 10 years ago if he fought on Pride FC or in Chuck Liddell's prime the story would be different.

By the way Vitor Belfort was this close to breaking his arm with an armbar and kind of gave up on the submission, I think he was afraid of breaking maybe because of his religion fanaticism but if the other guy doesn't tap go for it god damn it.

Jones is making his name in a time that there are not many talents on his division or they are old and washed up. He is also a freak of nature with a long reach that allow him to use his elbows almost to the extension of a punch. Not taking anything away from him but 10 years ago if he fought on Pride FC or in Chuck Liddell's prime the story would be different.

By the way Vitor Belfort was this close to breaking his arm with an armbar and kind of gave up on the submission, I think he was afraid of breaking maybe because of his religion fanaticism but if the other guy doesn't tap go for it god damn it.

Not to turn a football forum into a MMA discussion but, respectfully, I couldn't disagree more with the above. Even completely disregarding the fact that everyone in Pride was juiced to the gills, the men of the dark ages were technical trainwrecks with the exception of the combat sambo guys...which explains the dominance of Fedor and Arlovsky. Additionally, most of the dominant Pride guys were college wrestlers with an overhand right on more artificial ingredients than a Shamrock Shake. Sambo is the best counter wrestling discipline out there which is why Fedor was able to handle the Randlemans and Colemans of the world. The jiu jitsu used back then was all gi based and even the super high level stuff like what the Nogera brothers were using back then is purple belt level jits today. The striking was very basic, unevolved, stand and bang tough guy stuff or chute boxe style linear muay thai. Cross counters, level change and overhands, front teeps, jab-hook-outside leg kick. The stuff you learn your first month of training now. It was essentially a tacit agreement that they would meet in the middle and throw from the hip until one guy fell. It was ugly and brutish. Jones would have absolutely smashed the Chucks and Tito's of the world in their primes. He's a better athlete than them and a far better martial artist. They were too slow to handle Jones' speed, they couldn't take him down, and they couldn't get into the pocket with him if they wanted to. It would be ugly. Hell, he absolutely smashed Chuck 2.0 in Glover Texeria and put on an absolutely marvelous technical clinic during that fight. First, with the standing americana to neutralize his power arm, then employing a Mayweather-esque shoulder roll to neutralize Glover's overhand cross counter, he utilized superior angles to deny any potential offensive output and levied a crisp jab to keep the snake coiled. Nobody uses the oblique kick like he does. He's begun to utilize beautiful drop shifts to reinvent his attack angles. He is so creative, precise, and lethal.

Washed up and lacking talent? Shogun was a 30 year old wrecking machine when Jones put him to sleep. I'd hardly consider a 30 year old athlete washed up. Rashad was in his prime. Rampage was in his prime. He put a damn standing guillotine on Machida and dropped his limp body like a cadaver. He took down the best wrestler in the sport outside of Nurmagomedov at will when he fought Cormier. Cormier was the undefeated #1 heavyweight contender when he dropped to 205 and was rag dolling everyone. IIRC, Cormier took Jones down once in that fight and tried multiple times per round. Single, double, ankle pick, high crotch, body lock, he tried everything and was beaten at his own game with superior hand fighting and hip positioning. There's a ton of killers at 205, Jones is just that good man.

Vitor didn't let go of that arm bar, either, and he did dislocate Jones' elbow with it. If you remember when it was applied, Vitor was taking a brutal GNP from half guard after being rocked. Jones posted to pass and Vitor, being the high level black belt that he is, trapped the arm and snapped into a tight arm bar instead of trying to sweep him in transition. Jones stacked him, Vitor tried to roll for the belly down, but Jones defended, picked him up and shook the grip loose. It was a marvelous grappling exchange, and an incredible display of both courage and athleticism. Arm bars are a jiu jitsu 101 technique but holding on when you both are dripping with sweat and you are suspended in mid air with a guy trying with every fiber of his being to slip loose is impossible. In the following round, Jones took him down with one functioning arm, took his back, and submitted him with a kimura. After that fight, SuperVitor dropped to 85 and ran through the division like a buzz saw until they instituted drug testing and stopped giving TRT exemptions. Jones, for as much of a dink as he is, is an absolute savage and a once in a generation talent.

Not to turn a football forum into a MMA discussion but, respectfully, I couldn't disagree more with the above. Even completely disregarding the fact that everyone in Pride was juiced to the gills, the men of the dark ages were technical trainwrecks with the exception of the combat sambo guys...which explains the dominance of Fedor and Arlovsky. Additionally, most of the dominant Pride guys were college wrestlers with an overhand right on more artificial ingredients than a Shamrock Shake. Sambo is the best counter wrestling discipline out there which is why Fedor was able to handle the Randlemans and Colemans of the world. The jiu jitsu used back then was all gi based and even the super high level stuff like what the Nogera brothers were using back then is purple belt level jits today. The striking was very basic, unevolved, stand and bang tough guy stuff or chute boxe style linear muay thai. Cross counters, level change and overhands, front teeps, jab-hook-outside leg kick. The stuff you learn your first month of training now. It was essentially a tacit agreement that they would meet in the middle and throw from the hip until one guy fell. It was ugly and brutish. Jones would have absolutely smashed the Chucks and Tito's of the world in their primes. He's a better athlete than them and a far better martial artist. They were too slow to handle Jones' speed, they couldn't take him down, and they couldn't get into the pocket with him if they wanted to. It would be ugly. Hell, he absolutely smashed Chuck 2.0 in Glover Texeria and put on an absolutely marvelous technical clinic during that fight. First, with the standing americana to neutralize his power arm, then employing a Mayweather-esque shoulder roll to neutralize Glover's overhand cross counter, he utilized superior angles to deny any potential offensive output and levied a crisp jab to keep the snake coiled. Nobody uses the oblique kick like he does. He's begun to utilize beautiful drop shifts to reinvent his attack angles. He is so creative, precise, and lethal.

Washed up and lacking talent? Shogun was a 30 year old wrecking machine when Jones put him to sleep. I'd hardly consider a 30 year old athlete washed up. Rashad was in his prime. Rampage was in his prime. He put a damn standing guillotine on Machida and dropped his limp body like a cadaver. He took down the best wrestler in the sport outside of Nurmagomedov at will when he fought Cormier. Cormier was the undefeated #1 heavyweight contender when he dropped to 205 and was rag dolling everyone. IIRC, Cormier took Jones down once in that fight and tried multiple times per round. Single, double, ankle pick, high crotch, body lock, he tried everything and was beaten at his own game with superior hand fighting and hip positioning. There's a ton of killers at 205, Jones is just that good man.

Vitor didn't let go of that arm bar, either, and he did dislocate Jones' elbow with it. If you remember when it was applied, Vitor was taking a brutal GNP from half guard after being rocked. Jones posted to pass and Vitor, being the high level black belt that he is, trapped the arm and snapped into a tight arm bar instead of trying to sweep him in transition. Jones stacked him, Vitor tried to roll for the belly down, but Jones defended, picked him up and shook the grip loose. It was a marvelous grappling exchange, and an incredible display of both courage and athleticism. Arm bars are a jiu jitsu 101 technique but holding on when you both are dripping with sweat and you are suspended in mid air with a guy trying with every fiber of his being to slip loose is impossible. In the following round, Jones took him down with one functioning arm, took his back, and submitted him with a kimura. After that fight, SuperVitor dropped to 85 and ran through the division like a buzz saw until they instituted drug testing and stopped giving TRT exemptions. Jones, for as much of a dink as he is, is an absolute savage and a once in a generation talent.

Even though the striking was basic, you had to love it when Tank Abbott knocked someone out to the point that their bodies went stiff and their arms stuck in the air, then he made fun of them.

1:14... hahahaha.

you are crazy if you think he is the best ever. is he on his way? sure. but not yet. no friggin way he is the GOAT.

i still think his striking is still a major suspect, and he beats up on dudes because he is so much bigger and more athletic. he needs another 4-5 years of dominance to declare himself to be one of the greatest. IMO, both fedor, spider, and GSP are ahead of him. and now Bones is wasting his career away, so we don't even know if he will get back to his dominant form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back