PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: UFC champ Jon Jones to enter rehab

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate him, unfortunately there's no one in the middle heavyweight division capable of knocking him out, they are all undersized, 184 fighters fighting at 205.

Wow, UFC.

Marijuana gets you banned for a year but if you test positive for cocaine they're "confident he'll come out of this stronger for it like the champion that he is."

Nick Diaz must be raging right now.

You bet if there was someone holding the title that wasn't a fan favorite they would strip him of that title in a milli-second. That sport is becoming almost as wak as boxing. Sick of Dana White.

Give the UFC credit, at least they are honest about it. If this was the NFL the player would be saying he unknowingly took adderall and he didn't know it was on the banned substance list etc etc..

Maybe it's just because I live in Miami and we sprinkle that stuff on our corn flakes, but I'm stunned that the UFC cares enough to screen for coke. I guess they are taking that legitimate sport talk seriously.

You bet if there was someone holding the title that wasn't a fan favorite they would strip him of that title in a milli-second. That sport is becoming almost as wak as boxing. Sick of Dana White.

Since when has Jon Jones become a fan favorite? He's almost universally hated.

I've always wondered how anybody can get anything done when on cocaine. I usually want to just sleep the next day and still am not right for a few days afterward. How can somebody be a top athlete and do that stuff is beyond me.

UFC is a cash cow for its owners. It's hard to consider it a legitimate sport with Dana White lately.

I remember when the UFC peaked, they were aiming to become the biggest sport in the world.

What a joke that is.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The UFC today is a more talented version of what it was when Tank Abbot was trying to throw people out of the cage.

Maybe it's just because I live in Miami and we sprinkle that stuff on our corn flakes, but I'm stunned that the UFC cares enough to screen for coke. I guess they are taking that legitimate sport talk seriously.

I agree, pro sports should not be drug testing on recreational drugs that do not make you a better athlete

UFC is a cash cow for its owners. It's hard to consider it a legitimate sport with Dana White lately.

I remember when the UFC peaked, they were aiming to become the biggest sport in the world.

What a joke that is.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. The UFC today is a more talented version of what it was when Tank Abbot was trying to throw people out of the cage.

I will always laugh at Tank Abbott knocking some scrub out so badly that the guy's arms went stiff in the air while he was on his back and then Abbott looked at him, thought about it for a second, and mocked him. Dude was animal.

I agree, pro sports should not be drug testing on recreational drugs that do not make you a better athlete

Reading up on this, some folks feel the blow can help you cut weight. But as you imply, I doubt that's why he was taking it and there are numerous other methods out there to cut weight.

Reading up on this, some folks feel the blow can help you cut weight. But as you imply, I doubt that's why he was taking it and there are numerous other methods out there to cut weight.

I agree. Rec drugs does not make you a better athlete and the harder ones can only hurt you. We are just opening a can of worms by testing for this.

If Jones does coke, this does not make him a better fighter
If Josh Gordon smokes weed this does not make him a better fighter.

I don't want sports to be the moral high ground. Test for steroids and PEDs but the rest leave it alone

Jones is a fake punk man. A monster of a fighter, but you could just see how phony he really is. Remember when he first came out, the whole story of him ratting out kids in school that use to do drugs? Now he's a coke head..SMH

Surprised no one @ the globe or 98.5 has gone full crazy with this story .. Oh No .. Distraction for Patriots and C.Jones .. Where will the pass rush come from now since C.Jones is distracted? Oh No, My hair is on fire ..

I agree. Rec drugs does not make you a better athlete and the harder ones can only hurt you. We are just opening a can of worms by testing for this.

If Jones does coke, this does not make him a better fighter
If Josh Gordon smokes weed this does not make him a better fighter.

I don't want sports to be the moral high ground. Test for steroids and PEDs but the rest leave it alone

Josh Gordon is a good enough fighter as he is.

He has a pretty cool brother though..

That's true but Jon's a douche and is basically a fraud as a human being. I was hoping Cormier was going to knock his punk ass into the next universe the other night but, unfortunately, Jones is a guy that has the size of a heavyweight but fights at light heavyweight.

Brings back bad, bad memories of Len Bias, coke, and the demise of the Celtics.

That's true but Jon's a douche and is basically a fraud as a human being. I was hoping Cormier was going to knock his punk ass into the next universe the other night but, unfortunately, Jones is a guy that has the size of a heavyweight but fights at light heavyweight.

Are you hating on him because hes very good at cutting weight? if thats the case you must also really really hate Anderson silva, and GSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back