PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Scott placed on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a small blow, but, once Samuel is back, Chad Scott would probably have been our dime back, at best. It's not a major disaster so long as someone from the group of James/Richardson/Gay steps it up.

Re: Bye Bye Scott

Who cares about other teams? I'm only concerned with this one. And the erosion of depth -- in July -- is worth concern.

Not much you can do but move on, that's what the players and coaches do, and it does happen to every team, so get over it as Belichickfan saidn

Actually it seems some teams have a few bad years of injuries..the Pats have been progressively worse for 3..and last year less so than 05....Odd...but I think the team will have less this year..

Is it time to start blaming the training staff yet??? Or is it too early to start that thread??
I think we can get a lot of mileage right now about how desparate we are without Chad Scott, and how vital he was to our defense. The best way to get into the Hall of Fame is to be a player the Pats cut or put on IR. They instantly gain stature. On Thursday Scott was a JAG. On Saturday he was a player we could not afford to lose.

Right now we have no replacement for Scott, but if Tory James goes down, he will suddenly become twice as good as Scott, and the equal of Asante.

And so it goes....

The sky is falling.

Why must you patronize those of us who may express concern that a player who may have had a chance to make the 53 is finished for the year, if not forever?

I personally wanted either Scott or James, but not both, at CB, unless one or both of them were to play significant snaps at FS, so that the smaller, younger and quicker Wilson, Meriweather and Hawkins could play CB with Samuel and Hobbs, and Gay (who could also play FS maybe).

Yes, Chad Scott would not have been the difference-maker for a SB championship, but I'd rather have him on the 53 instead of Gemara Williams, Mike Richardson, Eddie Jackson, Rashad Baker or Antwain Spann.

This may seem cruel sounding but (I don't mean it to be)....... is it me or does it seem that Scott and Gay seem to be on alternating injury schedules. One is injured and the other guy is there, the next year it's reverse.

It really sucks to lose him but it seems like the same friggin guys back there get hurt every year.

Harrison, Wilson, Sanders, Meriweather, Hobbs, Gay, Samuel (once he returns), James, Andrews, Brown (granted not good if he's in there), I think we'll be OK. This injury sucks but there are others as well that could show up like Richardson or some other guy.

Let's not panic just yet.

Why do we even bother to keep Chad Scott who apparently has chicken bones for legs and muscles of a young child?

Freak injury crap or not this guy is on IR almost every year..The team needs to do one of two things in 2008

Cut his AS#
or
They should just Put him on IR 'before' he gets injured and cut out the middleman,why wait for the obvious from this waste of a roster spot where we could use a corner that can actually take a hit and arise shortly afterward to play another down,Chad can't take a hit to areas of his body anymore,hes too old and apparently his body is telling him so.

His career is getting to be ridiculously injury plagued...Chad needs to finds a new job,Like behind a desk where he can't get hurt :rolleyes:

Flame me or not for this ..Once a guy is on IR in years more than he is on the field he needs to hang up the cleats and get a 'softer' job.

I don't give a rats butt if it was a 'Freak Injury' -It was a 'Freak injury' that put him on IR like in 4 of the last 5 seasons or so,time to let him go and retire.

Last edited:
Why do we even bother to keep Chad Scott who apparently has chicken bones for legs and muscles of a young child?

Freak injury crap or not this guy is on IR almost every year..The team needs to do one of two things in 2008

Cut his AS#
or
They should just Put him on IR 'before' he gets injured and cut out the middleman,why wait for the obvious from this waste of a roster spot where we could use a corner that can actually take a hit and arise shortly afterward to play another down,Chad can't take a hit to areas of his body anymore,hes too old and apparently his body is telling him so.

His career is getting to be ridiculously injury plagued...Chad needs to finds a new job,Like behind a desk where he can't get hurt :rolleyes:

Flame me or not for this ..Once a guy is on IR in years more than he is on the field he needs to hang up the cleats and get a 'softer' job.

I don't give a rats butt if it was a 'Freak Injury' -It was a 'Freak injury' that put him on IR like in 4 of the last 5 seasons or so,time to let him go and retire.

AGREED
Yes, Yes and yes, he's fragile, part ways with marshmallow boy and be done with it.

That's a shame, I enjoyed watching him play--gotta love the over-achievers. I hope he can make it back in '08. Great unsung pickup for BB/SP.

Is he the best player in the league on IR right now? I don't recall other major injuries yet.

Cut his AS#
or

Seems like you've injured your brain trying to type a coherent post.

Probably need to put you on the MUP list.

Last edited:
As I mentioned recently, I don't think anyone is worried about our secondary as is after the loss of Chad Scott. IMO it comes down to the assumption that his injury is just the first of several in the secondary which has become the norm. If Samuel indeed does sit out, Gay gets hurt and then James or Wilson gets banged up during a game, then certainly the loss of Scott is important. With the way the last few seasons have gone, it's easy to see something like that happening.

Back in 2004, I don't think anyone would have shed a tear if Randall Gay had gone to IR early in training camp. However, by the time we played St. Louis and Samuel got hurt in the game, he was our #1 corner with only Earthwind Moreland and Troy Brown behind him.

Again, I don't think people are worried about our secondary without Chad Scott right now, I think they're worried about what the secondary might be later on without Scott.

This sucks because Scott was versatile enough to play in multiple spots.

Heres hoping we see something a little extra in Richardson or Anam.

We're fine for now. 10 Db's is plently, with one on PUP and one or two on the Practice Squad.

CORNERS - Hobbs, James, Gay, Meriweather, Brown,(Jackson PUP),(Richardson) plus (Samuel)

SAFETIES - Harrison, Wilson, Sanders, Hawkins, Andrews,(Mitchell),(Baker)

Last edited:
This sucks because Scott was versatile enough to play in multiple spots.

Heres hoping we see something a little extra in Richardson or Anam.

Big physical corner/safety as a backup is what hurts indeed.

Outside of samuel, we have a few corners that are marginal starters, with Hobbs being a some what proven #2 and Scott, Gay and Wilson possibly being the best of the rest.

We're Dooooooomed!

DBs we clearly don't mind seeing on the field:

Samuel (but he's not signed yet)
Hobbs
Gay
Harrison
Wilson
Meriweather (even though he's a rookie)
Sanders

DBs who have a decent chance of playing well:

Hawkins (if last year's poor play was due to an undisclosed and now healed injury)
James

Past those 7-9 guys, it's worry/comprimise guys like Andrews or Troy Brown.

Somehow, the Pats will have to find a way to play without "Charred" Scott. I feel bad for the guy, but this is hardly a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST