Not open for further replies.

patriot lifer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

July 30, 2007
Scott to IR
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots have placed cornerback Chad Scott on injured reserve today, ending his season. Scott was carted off the field in Friday's evening practice, and was holding his left knee.

Scott had been lining up with the first-team defense. Four-year veteran Randall Gay has taken that spot in recent practices.

Free-agent signee Tory James, a 12-year veteran, and rookie Brandon Meriweather have been getting work at corner with the second unit. Rookie Mike Richardson (sixth-round pick) and second-year man Gemara Williams have also taken reps.

The Patriots were already a bit thin without Asante Samuel, and this further hits at the team's depth.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 06:37:18 PM

Re: Bye Bye Scott

Day-to-day, really?

And it begins.

That's too bad for Chad. I guess this means that Brandon is going to be a cornerback this season.

I predict Gay and Wilson.

The sky is falling.

Bad luck for Chad. Year after year we seem to have issues with injuries in the secondary.

He's day-to-day...still. :D:D

Is it time to start blaming the training staff yet??? Or is it too early to start that thread??

That was a really awful injury to have, especially given the circumstances under which it occurred.

Not surprised...given all I heard about it...Too bad...not a great first few days, hopefully this will be an isolated injury (serious ones) for TC.

Chad Scott will not be a difference maker to this team for a super bowl run, one thing is for sure it wont be our last injury, and that's football.

It's easier to handle injuries occuring at this time of the year rather than later on. Injured reserve always involves a decision. Scott might be available by midseason, but the roster spot is too valuable.

It's easier to handle injuries occuring at this time of the year rather than later on. Injured reserve always involves a decision. Scott might be available by midseason, but the roster spot is too valuable.

Agree on the roster spot importance, although PUP would be an option under that circumstance (returning midseason).

PUP no option

Agree on the roster spot importance, although PUP would be an option under that circumstance (returning midseason)

PUP is not an option...once he practices that is gone...the ONLY other option was to keep a roster spot for a possible return...I think they knew that for him to be ready in 4-5 months was not possible.

Agree on the roster spot importance, although PUP would be an option under that circumstance (returning midseason)

If I'm not mistaken a player must start training camp on it to be eligible.

It happens to every team. Too bad for Chad, time to move on.

Who cares about other teams? I'm only concerned with this one. And the erosion of depth -- in July -- is worth concern.

Who cares about other teams? I'm only concerned with this one. And the erosion of depth -- in July -- is worth concern.

As we do care only for the Pats, BelichickFan is just saying that we shouldn't be biting our fingernails yet. It can be assumed that about every team in the NFL sustains roughly the same number of injuries.

Besides, once Asante comes back, people will say 'Chad who.' Knock on wood...

Last edited:

Could have used him sure, but if we were relying on Chad Scott to get to a Super Bowl, were we really going to get there anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST