PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy can run every route in the tree.

#1 reason I'd rather have him starting opposite Branch than Welker. It'd add a whole new dimension to the offense: 15-20 yard routes on the right side of the field.

If someone mentions this Prima Donna,dancing with the stars,rodeo,soccer playing,twitterholic,racehorse beating,media hogging,vastly overrated WR piece of sh!t joining the Patriots anymore,I am going to go to their house and throw up on their dog.

We don't want him,we don't need him and if anyone here has half a brain and is a REAL fan,then they already know that when everyone thinks a player is coming to NE he almost NEVER does.

There is 0% chance that Belichick is ******ed enough to waste a roster spot on this bum...I wouldn't sign him for $1

I think Chad should join Charlie Sheen on a Wackjob World Tour gig.

Arent chad and BB friendly

Last edited:
If someone mentions this Prima Donna,dancing with the stars,rodeo,soccer playing,twitterholic,racehorse beating,media hogging,vastly overrated WR piece of sh!t joining the Patriots anymore,I am going to go to their house and throw up on their dog.

We don't want him,we don't need him and if anyone here has half a brain and is a REAL fan,then they already know that when everyone thinks a player is coming to NE he almost NEVER does.

There is 0% chance that Belichick is ******ed enough to waste a roster spot on this bum...I wouldn't sign him for $1

If Chad joins the Patriots then he will join the "Wackjob World Tour gig" because he'll be winning! :D

#1 reason I'd rather have him starting opposite Branch than Welker. It'd add a whole new dimension to the offense: 15-20 yard routes on the right side of the field.
You've got to be kidding me. Anyone who seriously thinks Ochocinco should start--on any team--over Wes Welker has to be delusional. He can run any route? Big deal. The guy can run all the routes he wants, but he doesn't get open.

Ocho got out-performed by old-*** Terrell Owens last year, who never played in the Bengals' offense. Plus, Ocho seems to be incapable of being a team player when he doesn't get enough looks. I like the guy a lot--he's entertaining--but suggesting he should be on the field in place of Wes Welker is a terrible idea.

You're talking about taking our most reliable wideout off the field just so we can open up the playbook a little more. It doesn't make any sense. We already have a guy who can run every route, and it's Deion Branch. He also outperformed Ocho last year, despite being traded mid-season.

I would personally like to see Edelman getting involved as a receiver to take pressure off of Welker. I don't buy into the theory that you can't have two possession receivers on the field at once. It's nonsense. The guy gets open, and sooner or later teams won't be able to double-team Welker on 3rd down anymore because they'll have to worry about Edelman running the same routes and burning them for first downs. We should stick with the talent we already have.

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me. Anyone who seriously thinks Ochocinco should start--on any team--over Wes Welker has to be delusional. He can run any route? Big deal. The guy can run all the routes he wants, but he doesn't get open.

Ocho got out-performed by old-*** Terrell Owens last year, who never played in the Bengals' offense. Plus, Ocho seems to be incapable of being a team player when he doesn't get enough looks. I like the guy a lot--he's entertaining--but suggesting he should be on the field in place of Wes Welker is a terrible idea.

You're talking about taking our most reliable wideout off the field just so we can open up the playbook a little more. It doesn't make any sense. We already have a guy who can run every route, and it's Deion Branch. He also outperformed Ocho last year, despite being traded mid-season.

I would personally like to see Edelman getting involved as a receiver to take pressure off of Welker. I don't buy into the theory that you can't have two possession receivers on the field at once. It's nonsense. The guy gets open, and sooner or later teams won't be able to double-team Welker on 3rd down anymore because they'll have to worry about Edelman running the same routes and burning them for first downs. We should stick with the talent we already have.

I dont think starting over welker means much at all, since all know where welker is the most dangerous

Remember this from last year?

"I like Chad," Belichick said. "I like him as a player. I like him as a person. I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that. [We’re] an odd couple, but in the end, I think we have a lot of things in common."

Chad shared the positive sentiment.

"He became a friend of mine," Ochocinco said. "He has respect for me and my game. I have respect for him and everything he has done as a coach. We've just always been close and fond of each other's work. He's one that I look up to tremendously, one that I've never played for but I show the same respect as if he was my own head coach."

past his prime

It's funny, if we were talking about a Steve Smith or Sims-Walker with the exact current skill set of Johnson in this exact situation we'd all probably be about 10-1 in FAVOR of the pickup. With #85's baggage, true or exaggerated, it's the opposite.

At the right price (and scout recommendation or two) I'd give him one chance to see what he could do. He possesses the two qualities that at least make him a possible BB FA candidate. 1. He works hard. 2. He respects the game.

If he's released, he'd probably take less to play here; and if he does that, why wouldn't BB like the possible upside?

LET'S SIGN HIM!!!

The jokes on you, I don't have a dog! :rolleyes:

It's funny, if we were talking about a Steve Smith or Sims-Walker with the exact current skill set of Johnson in this exact situation we'd all probably be about 10-1 in FAVOR of the pickup. With #85's baggage, true or exaggerated, it's the opposite.

At the right price (and scout recommendation or two) I'd give him one chance to see what he could do. He possesses the two qualities that at least make him a possible BB FA candidate. 1. He works hard. 2. He respects the game.

If he's released, he'd probably take less to play here; and if he does that, why wouldn't BB like the possible upside?

charger fan here, i wouldn't want smith or ocho.......for free

past their prime, and one's short and gimpy with anger issues

sims-walker....don't know much about him though

LOL What was the latest sign Schefter saw...when he got tossed off the bull??

Not. Gonna. Happen. Dillon wasn't an attention whore. Chad can't help himself, never could. He and Palmer couldn't get on the same page after years together in a simpler offense. There was clearly fault on both sides, but even when they were contending Chad couldn't check that ego. He's also a finger pointer and a whiner when he's not targeted. Jealousy, the need for attention, the lack of accountability...anyone who thinks that's a fit here doesn't get what here is all about. I know Bill likes him as an entertaining personality on some other shmucks roster. That's not the kind of persona he taps for his own.

What's that old saying, nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there...

The guy's tough and loves the game. His "attention seeking" has always been good natured and I think it's great that he tries other things like soccer and bull-riding. I have no doubts that he would be a good soldier under BB and for a reasonable deal it makes all the sense in the world.

I just don't think he has that much left in the tank. At best, he's a mild Branch upgrade, and even that's unlikely given the chemistry Branch and Brady share. I'll admit Palmer may have limited his production lately, but in your wildest dreams, what would you hope for from Johnson? 1000 yds, 8 tds in 16 games? Branch had 700 yds and 5 tds to go with a very nice YPC in 11 games with us, so it seems like a lateral move to me.

I wish Johnson the best, but I don't think he has anything to offer the team. If we go for anything at the position, which I'm not sure is even called for, I'd target a skill set that is less redundant. Maybe a big, physical body that can be an added threat in the redzone as well as deep. Even that, to me, is a luxury.

Last edited:
I have always been a FAN of his. However, I AM A BIGGER FAN OF YOUTH. who goes to make the way for chad Johnson?

if we did not have a good looking young bunch of WR's I'd take him.

look @ our crew

Branch-eldest

Tate, Price, Welker, Edelman

those r 5 right there...

do you want to cut anyone from Tate group? do u say Edelman is the odd-man out b/c he is a slot wr? I like Edelman but other than slot/speed he is inferior to Ocho.

I hate to do it but cut Edelman:mad: we don't win w/ 2 slot wr's Ocho bring back # 81 Hernandez is our Ocho Cinco:)

I just don't think he has that much left in the tank. At best, he's a mild Branch upgrade, and even that's unlikely given the chemistry Branch and Brady share. I'll admit Palmer may have limited his production lately, but in your wildest dreams, what would you hope for from Johnson? 1000 yds, 8 tds in 16 games? Branch had 700 yds and 5 tds to go with a very nice YPC in 11 games with us, so it seems like a lateral move to me.

I wish Johnson the best, but I don't think he has anything to offer the team. If we go for anything at the position, which I'm not sure is even called for, I'd target a skill set that is less redundant. Maybe a big, physical body that can be an added threat in the redzone as well as deep. Even that, to me, is a luxury.

Lee Smith is that Big Guy that u refer to. they better carry 4 TE's.

cutting Edelman is too tough a call

Last edited:

Holy hell, Steve Smith has no business being on the 2011 Patriots roster. I give him even less odds than I do Johnson.

johnson is the face of the bengals if they cut him no one will ever talk about there team again cause as long as Marvin Lewis is the HC and Carson Palmer there QB they will never win anything

[/U][/B]

Lee Smith is that Big Guy that u refer to. they better carry 4 TE's.

cutting Edelman is too tough a call

Cut Edelman, not going to happen. It is much more likely that they will let Welker walk at the end of the year and expect Edelman to fill the slot reciever role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News