PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Johnson backs Patriots and BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is rumored to be on the outs in Cincy anyways, and I find it doubtful that Moss and Stallworth will both be back next year.

This guy loves Belichick and Belichick seems to love Chad Johnson.

There are several "mumblings" that CJ does want out of Cincy at the end of this year. No dought, BB will go after this guy strong! That said, I also see NE keeping the WR Tandem that they currently have. The only ones on the bubble I see are Brown, Jackson and Gaffney. Moss, Stallworth and Welker are all locks for several more seasons.

Just close your eyes and picture that:

Chad Johnson

Randy Moss

Stallworth

Welker

Watson

WOW....

What is also pretty cool is we have 4/5ths of that WOW right now!!!

If Brady plays for like $3 next year, and lives off his endorsements, maybe they'll have cap room.

Chad will be in NE in three years when Moss starts slowing down.

If Ocho Cinco was to come to Foxboro, Stallworth would be nowhere in sight. It'd be Moss-Johnson-Welker, no doubt about it.

Chad Johnson was on Sirius NFL Radio tonight, and I swear I would have thought he was a Patriots' player.

Adam Schein asked him about the Patriots "running up the score", and he completely came to BB and the Patriots' defense. He said "I love it, and I would too". When asked he talked about the players and fans that said the Patriots should have an asterisk next to the Super Bowl wins, and he laughed at that and said "YEAH RIGHT". Adam Schein said that he agreed with Johnson that that kind of talk was "garbage", and Johnson said because of that, the Patriots were making a statement.

I wish I didn't have the memory of an 85 year old, because I was loving what I was hearing. My take was that he was laughing at the excuse makers big time, and enjoying the Patriots doing what they are doing.

This dude and BB really respect and like each other, and it's kind of cool, to be honest.

As has been pointed out by others, the NFL actually ENCOURAGES teams to run up the score, as you'll notice in their tiebreaking procedures

1. Head-to-Head
2. Division Record
3. Common Games
4. Conference Record
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule
7. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
8. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
9. Net Points (common games)
10. Net Points (all games)
11. Net Touchdowns (all games)

Unless folks have forgotten, there's an other undefeated team out there and points scored could be an issue should both teams end the season tied for the best record.

So we're supposed to forgo winning a tie breaker because other team players have sensitive feelings?

Should we take a dive on "head to head" and "division record" tie breaking standings because we're worried about bruising their fragile egos too?

Geesh.

Last edited:
7 and 8 are tiebreakers involving points for and points allowed, as well. If it gets that far, though, I think we're in the twilight zone.

This guy wants to play here, I'm telling you. Too bad it can't happen.

I know! He loves BB and BB loves him... would be a great fit but we're already stacked at WR. He's a good sh*t I like him

Cinci is not trading Johnson. The cap tag hit would be pretty high for Cinci. Dream if you wish. However, IF Cinci wanted to trade him, the annual cap costs for us would be more than reasonable, including a team option in 2011. How much is he worth? He is easily worth our first (which is worth two lower level firsts); but it's not happening. Maybe in a couple of years.

true, but after Moss retires in 3 years? after his 3rd sb? (thats rit, u read it right)

then we could bring in chad johnsonto replace him...LOL, well have chad, and chad on the outsides, with welker in middle, and an older stallworth in 4th spot

7 and 8 are tiebreakers involving points for and points allowed, as well. If it gets that far, though, I think we're in the twilight zone.

Thanks - put my bold marker in the wrong place.

The point is though that the NFL encourages teams to run up the score by including points scored and differential in the tie breakers.

And the tie breakers clearly go to 10 for a reason.

If the NFL considers it "classless" to win those tie breakers, why do they exist?

Cinci is not trading Johnson. The cap tag hit would be pretty high for Cinci. Dream if you wish. However, IF Cinci wanted to trade him, the annual cap costs for us would be more than reasonable, including a team option in 2011. How much is he worth? He is easily worth our first (which is worth two lower level firsts); but it's not happening. Maybe in a couple of years.

He only got a $5M signing bonus with the $35M extension in 2006, so only $3M might remain from that in dead cap. He got a $3.5M option bonus this season, $2.8M of which would remain as dead cap. He has a steep cap hit this year, so it's likely they didn't convert his roster bonus. Total $5.8M dead cap, which would be spread over two years?...doable.

I think the divorce in Cincy is likely still year away, but you never know.

I can't see 85 with the Pats he is to much of a self promoter and
I don't see him changing.

Oh...we beg you...please take ocho doucho while you have randy...they'll get along famously.

go colts

Chad will be in NE in three years when Moss starts slowing down.

I don't understand this. Chad Johnson is only a year younger than Randy Moss.

Sounds like he wants to play in NE, lol he seems kinda pissed off in cincy right now.

Get this guy on this team ASAP. Everyone knows he wants to be a Pat so why wait until he becomes more disgruntled in Cincy.

We wait because the more disgruntled he becomes, the more likely we can get him for less cost (See: Moss, Randy).

Stallworth for Chad Johnson trade in the works.

We wait because the more disgruntled he becomes, the more likely we can get him for less cost (See: Moss, Randy).

Stallworth for Chad Johnson trade in the works.

Why would you make this trade, though? Stallworth is an excellent complementary part in the current WR setup. As the New York Yankees prove more often than not, it's not about having the most talent. It's about having the best blending of talent.

Just a thought, but BB and Chad really seem to get along well, and the Bengals are talking about trading him in the offseason. And Johnson seems like he has a hard on for the Pats. I mean if Moss resigns AND they trade for Johnson? I know it's not likely but just thinking about it....
I can't even put it to words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back