PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson Signed By Oakland!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Chad. He never did much here, but I'm glad to see he is getting a chance somewhere. Hope me makes the best of it, and at least earns some money.

I truly believe Chad struggled because the complicated - read and react - route adjustments used in this offense were simply over his head. It's not the right scheme for him. Never will be. After NE rightfully cut him, he was then picked up by McDaniels -- rinse and repeat.

If you put Chad on a team like Indy or even Cincy - where the emphasis is on vertical route running with timing and precision (rather that complicated option routes) then I believe you might have something.

Oakland is so bad that virtually no player in need of a second chance will have room to flourish. Certainly not C-Jack.

EDIT - My biggest concern for Ochocinco is that he too will not be able to grasp this offense. I think it benefits smaller and shiftier guys like Welker, Branch, or Brown - because the coverage dictates their route. They aren't held back, like they might be in another offense, because of a lack of speed or timing or precise route running skills. The route isn't fixed, so you can't just dominate based on some good moves or finesse - like so many receivers do.

Al Davis likes his 40 time, duh!!!!

Crazy Al signed him just to get info on the Pats Offense from years ago then will dump him the day after the Pats game :rolleyes:

Given some of the moves we have seen i was starting to wonder if there really was such a thing as "cap hell." Now i know it actually exists.

shoot - why did I even read this thread? It has just reminded me NEP traded up to get C-jack , when we could have stood pat and taken Jennings instead(GB). :mad:

Just checking with the "experts".... Is this they year he makes us pay for cutting him?

EDIT - My biggest concern for Ochocinco is that he too will not be able to grasp this offense. I think it benefits smaller and shiftier guys like Welker, Branch, or Brown - because the coverage dictates their route. They aren't held back, like they might be in another offense, because of a lack of speed or timing or precise route running skills. The route isn't fixed, so you can't just dominate based on some good moves or finesse - like so many receivers do.
You've got to think that someone like Belichick, who clearly gets along with and respects Ochocinco, would have a good sense if he'd fit into the offensive scheme, and wouldn't bring him in just for the sake of bringing him in.

I guess Oakland couldn't find or sign any bad boys or thugs so they went with the next on Al's special list .....no talent retread ex patriots :p

actually what happened was that Al was looking through free agents and saw that cj had 4.32 40 time. boom signed. Al Davis also tried to sign Usain Bolt lol

you sucked and still do suck. I hope by some odd reason Albert falls on you. Not that a WR will meet Albert near the line, which is highly unprobable

At least our Defense can beat him up a bunch:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft