PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Stork needs to step up this year. If he can play the way he did in his rookie year, our interior line has the potential to be pretty good but there are a lot of "if's" with this unit.

-If Stork steps up
-If Shaq makes the jump from year 1 to 2
-If Cooper can play up to his potential

I don't think we should be looking to draft a center or guard in round 6. We have those type of marginal players on our roster already...Kline and Cannon come to mind. However, if one of our draft picks can beat out either Kline or Cannon, then I'm all for drafting them. Anything not to have them lining up in front of Tom!!!!

What makes you say this?

I think it was implied a bit when they removed him from the 2nd Bills game, when he started over Stork yet was having some issues both with the line calls, as well as getting manhandled.

There may not necessarily be concrete evidence that these are his areas of struggle, but it's certainly been a popular thought around here.

I think it was implied a bit when they removed him from the 2nd Bills game, when he started over Stork yet was having some issues both with the line calls, as well as getting manhandled.

There may not necessarily be concrete evidence that these are his areas of struggle, but it's certainly been a popular thought around here.

I can't remember but wasn't he replaced after the first series? He'd committed a penalty.

I can't remember but wasn't he replaced after the first series? He'd committed a penalty.

Im honestly not sure, PP2. You may be right.

We know that Belichick reached out to him twice as the draft was wrapping up, so I'm guessing that he sees something there that he likes. Hopefully he can take another step forward with Scarnecchia.

What makes you say this?
I guess you mean the comment about him reading defenses better? Well, he was yanked from the second Bills game for his inability to pick things up, though the whole line and even Brady himself, struggled with the scheme that night. He was eventually replaced by Stork, though I was in the minority who though Andrews should have been the starter. It's difficult to put into words, I guess. He just seem a step slow on quite a few plays, but most of that can simply be explained by the fact that he was a rookie . . . an undrafted one at that. I'm going to be paying close attention to the battle he and Stork will have in TC.

I just posted the same exact thing before even reading your post, Supa. LOL

If Andrews can handle the center spot without much of a decline in ability with comparison to stork, that allows Stork to kick out to one of the guard spots. Stork played fairly well when bounced around the line last year, taking reps at tackle spots, etc. It could come down to which trio is the best combination on the interior line. Cooper/andrews/stork?

If Andrews can handle the center spot without much of a decline in ability with comparison to stork, that allows Stork to kick out to one of the guard spots. Stork played fairly well when bounced around the line last year, taking reps at tackle spots, etc. It could come down to which trio is the best combination on the interior line. Cooper/andrews/stork?

Call me crazy, but I think that at least one of Jackson and Mason will be starting at G.

I don't think we should be looking to draft a center or guard in round 6. We have those type of marginal players on our roster already

If they draft OL players anywhere in the draft, the goal is to develop them into starters, or at least strong backups. They don't pick 6th round players with the intent of them being career JAG's. The idea is to throw a number at the wall and see what sticks at the top. So if they do grab an OLman late in the draft, they see something that would indicate there's a chance he can be developed into a starter.

Mason is starting somewhere.
The other 3 are in competition for the other 2 spots, and that's only if a starting-caliber LG isn't drafted.

Mason is starting somewhere.
The other 3 are in competition for the other 2 spots, and that's only if a starting-caliber LG isn't drafted.

Totally agree Captain.....Mason and Stork will be two of our starters....if they can't beat out Andrews, Kline or Jackson...Tom is going to be in serious trouble!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick