PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB to think about when cuts happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggins!

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ricky Manning Jr.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-080825-ricky-manning-jr-chicago-bears-trade,0,492455.story

"You can almost write in that I won't be part of that 53-man roster," Manning Jr. said. "If it wasn't evident early, it definitely became evident when the nickel back in front of me wasn't playing well [last season], and then they bring somebody totally different in for the position."

It's an interesting thought just given the CB situation with the Pats.

I'll be curious, if he does get released, which would make sense, to see what teams make a run at him and whether or not the pats are one of them.

Chip on his shoulder, something to prove. More importantly, young (er!) 27 years old. Been in the league 5 years. Played in big games.

He was a good player earlier just needs to get his head screwed on straight. Did have legal problems in 06.

Depending what happens here, it might not be a bad fit - IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Granted, I havent followed him so I'm not an expert, but wasnt he supposed to be really good a couple of years ago? What happened?

He was REAL good. In Carolina's 04 run, He's the one who picked off Donavan McNabb 3 times in the title game. I think he had one vs st. louis the week earlier too.

Lost starting job in 05 but played in all 16 games.

Daniel Manning basically subplanted him the last 2 years in chicago. Other than that, don't know what the hell happened.

Fat and happy? Don't remember an injury.

I remember two things about him. He was a terrific nickleback in playoff games a few years ago, making the Eagles look bad.

He was also something of a thug, allegedly involved in the beating of a guy at a Denny's.

you are correct...in 06....with the now ever likeable maurice jones drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back