CASERIO's fingerprints all over NE success

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Nice piece on The kid from Lyndhurst, Ohio by Mark Daniels:
Nick Caserio's fingerprints all over Patriots' run of success

Sort of confirms NE might already have the next GM..
_

Quotes:

“Did he leave the office last night? Was he working out in the gym at 3:30 in the morning?“

“That guy is going to be a general manager in that league.' Everybody saw what kind of guy he is. He's very personable. He's a hard worker and communicates very well.“

Often, with younger coaches, Awrey found that they'd bring him players who were good on the field, but came with off-field baggage. That was never the case with Caserio.

... excel not only in the personnel department, but also as a scout and on the coaching staff. In 2007, Caserio was in charge of a receivers group headlined by Randy Moss.

“He's not afraid to say, 'I don't know or I don't have an answer' and then he immediately goes to work to find the answer."

"Nick is definitely not someone who is just going to agree with his boss, Bill in this case," Licht said. "I think this is really why Bill has entrusted him to run the personnel department for him because he knows he's getting original thoughts. He knows he's getting a pure evolution and he's not getting someone to tell him what they think he wants them to tell them. Nick is very cut and dry with his opinions."

“I learned a lot about coaching and evaluations," O'Brien said. "Nick does everything there. He's a very loyal guy."

Belichick signs off on all moves, but it's Caserio and his team that identifies talent and roster fits in each draft, free-agent period and in-season trade targets.

Funny, or not, that the article didn't once mention specifics regarding Caserio's role
in the personnel department - neither all the misses nor whatever hits there might have been so far. I wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back