PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

He also never took brand new helmets and jerseys and rubbed them in dirt to claim they were “game worn” to scam hard working Americans out of their money.

But who’s counting
Happy New York GIF by Gatorade

Yes, the league fixed it so Hill and Kelce would lead the league in receptions, but others wouldn't.

The NFL fixed it so the idiot Bengals would hit Mahomes late out of bounds and put the Chiefs in FG range.
Not to long ago the patriots faced the same amount of hate that KC is getting...

When you're good, and on top they hate you.. we had 2 decades of being hated.. so much the NFL rules were changed because of our success against Indy...

The now thinking.. this is a weird thread. Why would we root for another team? I have no issue with Mahomes and I don't think the fanbase is that bad (but some people here disagree and that's fine) but shouldn't we be rooting for our Patriots?

Yes, the league fixed it so Hill and Kelce would lead the league in receptions, but others wouldn't.

The NFL fixed it so the idiot Bengals would hit Mahomes late out of bounds and put the Chiefs in FG range.
We had 2 decades of winning, we were always in superbowls or in the thick of things... we were the hated, just like the Chiefs are... it's ok..no one, I feel confident saying this no one will replicate the success we had!

Not to long ago the patriots faced the same amount of hate that KC is getting...

When you're good, and on top they hate you.. we had 2 decades of being hated.. so much the NFL rules were changed because of our success against Indy...
You wanna change the rules? Change 'em. We still play. And we win, that's what we do.

We had 2 decades of winning, we were always in superbowls or in the thick of things... we were the hated, just like the Chiefs are... it's ok..no one, I feel confident saying this no one will replicate the success we had!
I've always felt one day somebody will rival our dynasty. Records are meant to broken. Tom Brady's superbowl record will likely got untouched for long time but I believe I've said this here before. It will not shock me to see somebody win five superbowls again one day.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning was supposed to be the next superstar quarter-back of the NFL. Some skinny kid picked #196 in the draft threw a monkey-wrench in that plan...........

.........and in his first Super Bowl he beat "The Greatest Show on Turf"!

The rest is history.

I've always felt one day somebody will rival our dynasty. Records aren't meant to broken. Tom Brady's superbowl record will likely got untouched for long time but I believe I've said this here before. It will not shock me to see somebody win five superbowls again one day.
That can be true.. the fashion in wich we won is just remarkable, the constant consistency, the excellence that we had , each season atop the AFC, as a fan you just knew we were going to be in championship games or having the chance too each season.. it feels to me if you take a look offensively KC looks like the Brady NE offense.

whats there to hate about him personally?
I have no idea. Just know my younger Granddaughter texted me, "My worst nightmare" when KC won the AFCCG. Hates Mahomes.
I don't think she knows about the wife's & brother's antics.

I have no idea. Just know my younger Granddaughter texted me, "My worst nightmare" when KC won the AFCCG. Hates Mahomes.
I don't think she knows about the wife's & brother's antics.
I get rooting against him because fans and goat debate, but Mahomes in a vacuum, I have no issues with. He's the real deal, he's who people think Rodgers is. He'll retire either 1 or 2 all time.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back