PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can We Censor The Word Super Bowl XLII?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBLAZE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I understand posters will carry on likely for the next few months and possibly forever about it, and I'll never forget it, but that doesn't mean I want to spend each miserable day of the offseason discussing the same tired angles.

Yes they were holding and grabbing facemasks on that final play, yes it was BS, how many more photo angles or theories do we need to hear? The bottom line is, and this point is widely ignored, WE HAD CHANCES. It should have never came down to one last stop, never. Even with all the BS that happened, the no calls, luck etc, IF THE offensive line could've had just a crappy game, instead of a REALLY REALLY crappy game we'd have won. Brady's inability to pressure his plant foot sure didn't help either. But it's over. Done with.

I don't want to spend all offseason talking about this game and the angles, let's just try to focus on where we go from here and talk about the offseason?

Last edited:
Then start threads that aren't about Super Bowl XLII. We lost. We didn't win the Super Bowl. We didn't win it in week 1, we didn't win it by beating the Chargers. Anyone who thought we had and is in shock, shouldn't be.

The Giants lost to us by 3 points, putting 35 on our defense 3 games prior to the Super Bowl.

They beat us by 4 points, scoring only 17, which was our exact average points allowed by the defense during the regular season. The Patriots were 16-0 in the regular season.

Both games, a 3 or 4 point margin. In the first half of the season there was caution about thinking the Patriots would win the Super Bowl or go undefeated. Yet people would say if they were to go undefeated in the regular season, they would certainly win the Super Bowl. Well, what happened to being cautious?

It's just a game. Don't feel sorry for Bruschi or Seau or Belichick (maybe Belichick). We are very lucky, and the team is lucky. What if the Colts had beaten the Chargers and us? And what about the fact that of 32 teams, ours has been predicted by half if not most experts to win the Super Bowl each year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back