PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can 2007 be enjoyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

I'll happily watch all of the 07 season's games up to the AFC Championship game, especially now, with absolutely no normal football to watch (and how strange is that Arena football thing?). The AFCCG I'll watch occaisonally, but I still can't watch any part of the Super Bowl. Still too painful.

But I do enjoy the regular season games, particularly the regular season San Diego and Giants games and the Indy and Dallas games.

I agree. I still get giddy watching many of the 2007 regular season games...including all the ones you mentioned ( and the Skins game. Idk y that game excited me so much...) I can't bring myself to watch the AFCC, I have too many memories from the game and it's unnecessary torture. Ditto for the SB...I'll never re-watch that. I'm too much of a baby.

Every team thinks their loss is the worst ever. While I agree that this is one of the most painful losses ever, it's not the worst. The Patriots played so hard all season and overcame so much adversity; they have a big consolation prize. Tom Brady may now go down as the greatest ever, Randy Moss was happy enough to re-sign, the Patriots' offense set numerous records, and regardless of the final outcome at the Super Bowl, it will always be remembered as perhaps the best passing game ever. Hey, you remember those 49ers of the eighties, and all those players you wanted to be? Jerry Rice, Joe Montana. You guys know that in the many years they played together, they also lost a lot of games they should have won. Yeah, they didn't win the Super Bowl in more seasons than they won the Super Bowl. You think after the season their fans were saying, "that was an easy loss."? Ultimately that is not their legacy. Joe Montana was benched in one playoff game because he was so bad. Does anyone remember that now?

The higher stakes, the harder the loss. Next season everything will be over. The 18-1 season will be a bittersweet chapter in the team's history. Which do you remember more, the Red Sox heartbreaking loss to the Yankees in 2003, or their incredible win in 2004? I'd probably have to remind you of the details of 2003... the Grady Little year... Pedro stays in. Aaron Boone. You remember, sure... but you remember every detail of 2004 and embrace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back