PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton: I am a Falcons fan all but 2 days a year.... WTF?

Whatever. How many times have you heard a player say that he wishes such and such the best...as long as WE are not playing them?

Players say that all the time. Same thing to me.

I really couldn't care less. I don't see it as an issue.

So you are saying that if Jim kelly had said "I'm a cowboys fan except for those times we play the cowboys" during the 0-4 years you would have been like "Whatevs man its cool."

So you are saying that if Jim kelly had said "I'm a cowboys fan except for those times we play the cowboys" during the 0-4 years you would have been like "Whatevs man its cool."

No, I'd accept nothing less than him disowning his football heritage and where he is from.

Seriously, I'd already expect that Kelly was a Cowboys fan if he grew up in Dallas. I would also expect that he'd be a BIGGER Bills fan, since he actually plays for them. I'd be perfectly fine with what's perfectly natural if I felt that it didn't negatively affect his play. The problem would come if he was happy in any way that the Cowboys beat HIS team...I don't expect he would be. You know, that could be an even larger motivation, playing your hometown team. Cam Newton has also said that he plays with a chip on his shoulder when he plays the Falcons. Could even sting a little more when you lose.

Would you expect the Harbaugh brothers to proclaim their hatred for one another before they faced off in the Super Bowl? Facing each other could have been extra motivation...but I'm sure they both just focused on the game. You think the Manning brothers should be arch enemies around the clock? Maybe a little different with family members, but I feel that you never were a fan in the first place if you could turn the switch off so easily. Speaking of Mannings, don't you think that Peyton Manning is still a Colts fan? I'd eat my hat if he wasn't...but that doesn't mean he'll let up when he plays them as a Bronco. These guys are competitive.

I don't have a problem with this. He just shouldn't have said it out loud. He's been a fan of ATL forever, this isn't gonna change.. just shut up about it. Cap's dolphins hat though, I wouldn't be able to stand a Pats player with another team's hat.

FWIW, this was discussed in NFLN last night with McGinest, Sapp, Navarro Bowman and Torrey Smith. All of them agreed that this was boneheaded to say the least. Smith defended Cam a little bit, but in the was like "yeah, he could have worded it a little better".

NaVorro Bowman: Kaepernick's Dolphins cap wrong - NFL.com

(Piece starts out talking about Kaep and the Dolphins hat, then gets to Cam.)

You need to read my words better before answering it.....

I said if the Panthers were ALREADY eliminated from the postseason and the Falcons had to WIN their game against the Panthers to get into the playoffs,would Cam throw the game and have his team lose another just to let Atlanta get in?

It would mean a great deal to fans of both teams and Vegas in terms of gambling on the game.

The point still applies, even in a scenario they aren't going anywhere. I seriously doubt he'd throw a game for ANY reason. I think just about every player has a team they were once passionate about growing up. Newton is just one of the very few that admit it. Doubt there is a conflict of interrest there unless there is evidence somewhere that he tried to help another team by losing. But that would be career suicide.

The point still applies, even in a scenario they aren't going anywhere. I seriously doubt he'd throw a game for ANY reason. I think just about every player has a team they were once passionate about growing up. Newton is just one of the very few that admit it. Doubt there is a conflict of interrest there unless there is evidence somewhere that he tried to help another team by losing. But that would be career suicide.

knowing cam and the way hes acted so far in his career? it wouldnt suprise me if he tanked a game because he was upset about something stupid. the kid is a head case.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back