PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams and Amobi Okoye admit to smoking Marijuana

Ah, what were we talking about.

Oh yea, no way David Patton makes the team.

This is atrocious behavior that should knock them well down in the first round. It would serve that thug Johnson to see him fall to 24th over-all and that punk Adams to slip to 28th.

That would send a message to these kids that marijuana use will not be rewarded. I myself wouldn't touch the stuff if it wasn't for my severe glaucoma.

Now THIS is humor. Visiting Locker Room comedians, take note. :rocker:

This is atrocious behavior that should knock them well down in the first round. It would serve that thug Johnson to see him fall to 24th over-all and that punk Adams to slip to 28th.

That would send a message to these kids that marijuana use will not be rewarded. I myself wouldn't touch the stuff if it wasn't for my severe glaucoma.

HILARIOUS - GREAT POST

No Patriots would ever partake in that type of behavior or have ever participated in such an irresponsible act. (Terry Glenn, Ty Law)

None of those guys are going to be drafted by the Pats because they won't fall that far (if at all). I just hope for their sake they either discontinue that behavior, invest in the Wizzenator, or wait till their career is over. Lets avoid the yoga guys.... leave that to Ricky "Sticky icky" Williams.

This "buds" for you'll!

what? who said anything about locker. they admitted trying/using marijuana at least once whenever/wherever at whatever age

The comment clearly went right over your head, Remix. Re-read his original post and think Roids.

I bought it, smelled it, broke it up to put in rolling paper, rolled it, liked it, lit it, inhaled it, and held my breath for as long as I could. I needed something to do before the acid kicked in.:D

I don't recommend it but I have no problem with a guy who smoked weed. What counts is what he does moving forward. BTW, don't tell my kids. :D

I wouldn't have believed them if they said they hadn't tried it.

I think the question is a good test of someone's honesty. If they'd denied it, I would have been suspicious.

Interesting article. I wonder how this will play out in the new tougher NFL.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/wwhiextra041807.htm

Well here is one NFL GM's opinions of this...
http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/1378663/detail.html

Here is a quote from the above article.
"The fact that they would come in and admit it and say they may have experimented with it shows they are honest," he said. "If a team has done its research and there are no red flags with the school, I would think that would be enough. A lot of players wouldn't say anything or would deny it. That kind of honesty probably relieves anxiety about a player's character than increases it."

Last edited:
I bought it, smelled it, broke it up to put in rolling paper, rolled it, liked it, lit it, inhaled it, and held my breath for as long as I could. I needed something to do before the acid kicked in.:D

Try rolling one just as the mushrooms are kicking in. Man, that was tough.

Not a big deal. Pretty much everyone has tried weed sometime in their life. As long as these guys don't plan on doing it again, they should be alright. Not everyone is an angel.

LOL -- or at least an audible chuckle!

not that anyone really cares, but I am always highly amused by the overestimations on rates of drug use, teen sex, etc. I can't be the only one who's run with the straight crowd.

There's a big difference between something being fairly common and everyone doing it. You'd be surprised how quickly the Ned Flanders of the world add up, or how many of us never had the opportunity or the interest to try some things.

Back on topic, this is most likely a non-issue. All that matters is whether or not they'll use illegal substances after they're drafted.

Last edited:
I say roll and pass it this way. As long as they are sacking qbs and catchin TDs on sunday. Dont hurt anyone while doing it. Have fun. Oh yeah lets legalize the stuff.

They should legalize the stuff, just as harmful as booze and cigarettes, and both of those are legal. Tax it, legalize it, and it takes it out of the hands of the shady salespeople. I've smoked it, but have never inhaled, wink.

After watching his infrequent forays on to the football field, I'd be curious how Marquise Hill answered that question.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back