PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call me crazy but... winner of Pats/Bolts will be SB Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolts_fan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Like I've said in another thread on this board and what I've been saying on all the boards I've been to is that the Patriots is the scariest team in the playoffs. They can match up against any team and win. That scares the heck out of this Bolts fan. Don't get me wrong, I know my Bolts have a very good chance of beating the Pats, but the Patriots have a lot experience at winning when it counts and a lot of football intangibles. They're just plain good.

Granted SD has a great regular season and is seeded #1 but that means naught if we don't win it all.

But seriously, I really feel that the winner of this game between the Patriots and the Chargers, no matter who it is, will go on to win the Superbowl. I really do.

May the best team wins!

Like I've said in another thread on this board and what I've been saying on all the boards I've been to is that the Patriots is the scariest team in the playoffs. They can match up against any team and win. That scares the heck out of this Bolts fan. Don't get me wrong, I know my Bolts have a very good chance of beating the Pats, but the Patriots have a lot experience at winning when it counts and a lot of football intangibles. They're just plain good.

Granted SD has a great regular season and is seeded #1 but that means naught if we don't win it all.

But seriously, I really feel that the winner of this game between the Patriots and the Chargers, no matter who it is, will go on to win the Superbowl. I really do.

May the best team wins!

I think the majority if not all guys on this site feel the same way..These teams will pretty much be playing like its for the super bowl championship because in all reality,it really is

Between these 2 teams and the ones playing in Saturday's match up in the Ravens and Colts...I'll say this: we are a more complete team than those guys. It's all about 53 men on a roster....not 11 men on one side that outweighs the other. That Pats and Chargers are the better team and the winner here goes to the big dance.

This game is going to be tough and physical. Those players are going to take a beating. Is the Indy Ravens game going to be like that? No. If Baltimore wins, then they will be in good shape to win the following week. If Baltimore looses this game, they should be embarrassed and send all the Baltimore Colt memorabilia to Indy.

I think the majority if not all guys on this site feel the same way..These teams will pretty much be playing like its for the super bowl championship because in all reality,it really is

Count me in that majority.
And i've said the same in another thread.

I don't think the winner of this gets an automatic to the Super Bowl. If we play Indy, we'll be playing them at their place. A very tough game. We will not be favored. The Ravens against the Chargers as well will be a very tough game for the chargers. McNair is a gamer, and that defense will cause headaches for SD.

I don't know. The Ravens have actually been quite dominant this season.

I have some skepticism over how good their offense really is, but their defense is as good as advertised. And I think I once heard a quote about defense affecting the playoffs.... what was that again?

I don't think the winner of this gets an automatic to the Super Bowl. If we play Indy, we'll be playing them at their place. A very tough game. We will not be favored. The Ravens against the Chargers as well will be a very tough game for the chargers. McNair is a gamer, and that defense will cause headaches for SD.

Agreed. :rocker:

I don't know. The Ravens have actually been quite dominant this season.

I have some skepticism over how good their offense really is, but their defense is as good as advertised. And I think I once heard a quote about defense affecting the playoffs.... what was that again?

Defenses win championships.

As far as being a Charger Fan is concerned...I would certainly have loved to face the jets or chiefs...but you know what? I'm glad we're facing a formidable opponent. To be the best you certainly have to play the best and a Playoff win against the jets or chiefs just doesn't sound right to me.

Last edited:
As far as being a Charger Fan is concerned...I would certainly have loved to face the jets or chiefs...but you know what? I'm glad we're facing a formidable opponent. To be the best you certainly have to play the best and a Playoff win against those guys would mean alot to me but to me but I like the Challenge set forth this weekend.

Both teams have their work cut out for them this week. Oddly enough, it is kind of a good feeling. I find it more stressful going into a game that should be won hands down like last week's Jet game.

I will be disappointed if NE shrugs off of the field as losers on Sunday, but at least it would be to a great team.

I do get the feeling that the team that the Charger fans least likely wanted to meet is the Patriots.

I dont think that it really makes any difference to the players, though.

Nope...I actually wanted to play you guys and that's the honest truth. Check out the forums yourselves at Chargers.com. As far as the as far as you editing my post....whatsupwiththat?

And by the way, the best team is the team with the best record and that's the San Diego Chargers and the Chicago Bears. You play us because you are the best team with the lowest seeding, but better than KC or the Jets. Better than us....I think we tackled that in here quite a few times as it is.

Last edited:
Nope...I actually wanted to play you guys and that's the honest truth. Check out the forums yourselves at Chargers.com. As far as the as far as you editing my post....whatsupwiththat?

And by the way, the best team is the team with the best record and that's the San Diego Chargers and the Chicago Bears. You play us because you are the best team with the lowest seeding, but better than KC or the Jets. Better than us....I think we tackled that in here quite a few times as it is.

This is the playoffs, however. Pitt's 15-1 record sure didn't make them the best team in 2004.

I think winner takes all.

For New England it will be yet another statement of dominance, beating the league's best team after a season of advirsity.

For san Diego, it will be the ultimate hump game, defeating a dynasty and finally proving they belong among the elite.

I think the emotional lift for either team will carry them to the Lombardi.

I agree that if the Chargers win, they are most likely will go to the superbowl. If the Pats win, they will have to go on the road again and play the Colts/Ravens. Let's not forget the Colts are 2-0 against the Pats the last two years at Gillette. It's way too early to predict who will go to the superbowl because these two AFC games need to be played out first. If the Pats do escape San Diego, pick your poison between Indy and Baltimore.

And by the way, the best team is the team with the best record and that's the San Diego Chargers and the Chicago Bears.

Sorry. You get nothing in the NFL for the best record - unless you are like Indy in which case you probably hang a banner.

The best team is the one who wins the trophy in February.

That sure got Indy, Pitt, and the Bears somewhere the last few years.

If the Pat's happen to lose I'll be cheering for the Chargers to represent the AFC. Unless it ends up being a dirty game like the Titan's a couple of weeks ago.

Ofcourse I want the Pat's to win but if not I wouldn't mind seeing one of the greatest players of our generation cementing himself in the HOF with a super bowl title to go along with his accolades. Tomlinson seems like a great guy on and off the field.

If the Pat's happen to lose I'll be cheering for the Chargers to represent the AFC. Unless it ends up being a dirty game like the Titan's a couple of weeks ago.

Ofcourse I want the Pat's to win but if not I wouldn't mind seeing one of the greatest players of our generation cementing himself in the HOF with a super bowl title to go along with his accolades. Tomlinson seems like a great guy on and off the field.

Unfortunately with him goes the baggage who does not deserve Super Bowl play at least this year and thats 'Steroid' Merrimen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe