PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call me crazy, but Cam's Instagram sounds like he's gonna be on the bench for these last 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bob for the loss of a critically needed high 3rd round pick in a major rebuilding year.
Also, I'm convinced that Bobby's panicked jettisoning of AB because of his concurrent massage parlor bad publicity killed any small chance of TB returning to the Pats this season.
Still pisses me off that someone connected with this organization really was stupid enough to point a camera at another teams sidelines. That missing third rounder hurts a lot more this year.

Thanks Bob for the loss of a critically needed high 3rd round pick in a major rebuilding year.
Also, I'm convinced that Bobby's panicked jettisoning of AB because of his concurrent massage parlor bad publicity killed any small chance of TB returning to the Pats this season.
To quote the great ESPN "The Ocho" announcer, Cotton McKnight, it was more of a "ménage à trois of pain": 1) BB taking a risk on AB, 2) AB being the gigantic AWipe that he is, and 3) BK playing with Orchids from a large continent. TB should be in there somewhere but I wanted to quote the Ocho.

I think Cam is in trouble if we don't resign him. I don't see who would take the chance on him. I'll say this. I could almost picture a scenario where we bring him back for cheap in camp and let him compete with another veteran. However, Cam will lose the starting job and might end up being our substitute QB. If Cam can't accept that then he'll be released.

I would take Cam back as a 2nd string QB.
The Bengals could be a 1 year landing spot.

Maybe Burrows can come back for the start of 2021, but that seems rushed to me. Cam could fill in and make a lot more money.

The Bengals could be a 1 year landing spot.

Maybe Burrows can come back for the start of 2021, but that seems rushed to me. Cam could fill in and make a lot more money.
If the Bengals were to bring back Marvin Lewis as head coach, signing Cam as quarterback would make a lot of sense.

It is very hard to watch Cam in a Patriots uniform. Any other uniform in 2021 would be delightful. I appreciate BB's patience and respect for veterans, which is very healthy, but we are crossing that line this week or next

Speaking of rushing TDs, if Cam plays in these last two meaningless games and ties or passes Steve Grogan's Pats record for rushing TDs, it will be an outrageous disgrace.
In its own way, this might be Post of the Season. What an absolute Travesty that would be.

Armchair GMs:

Without the benefit of hindsight, would you have honestly preferred to go into the season with Stidham/Hoyer, and passed on a minimal contract on Newton?

It's easy to judge the decision now that it did not work out.

Belichick has botched TE 3 consecutive years. Gronk was fading fast in 2018. Here we are in 2020 with nobody at TE except 2 developmental players from the looks of things. All these good TEs are coming out in the 2021 draft. I am sad to say that I lean towards taking another TE after this fiasco.

Belichick has fouled up WRs more years than I care to recall. Its crystal clear that Harry is a another Bust.

And now, no clear starting QB. How do you not have a replacement for Brady? Not a HOFer and not even a QB expected to win the Super Bowl as a rookie. But a QB who can pass the ball and with some future potential. Cam is no different than when Josh Gordon showed up on the market. At the time, the Pats desperately needed a WR because there again, terrible planning at this position. Fast forward to 2020 and the Patriots picked up a shaky passer in Cam because nobody else in the system was ready to lead. When Cam didnt want much money, it was a match made in heaven. Most times you get what you pay for.

Cam is correct in that he will be apart from the solution.

Go draft a QB. Bring in another value vet to provide mentorship and competition.

Belichick has botched TE 3 consecutive years. Gronk was fading fast in 2018. Here we are in 2020 with nobody at TE except 2 developmental players from the looks of things. All these good TEs are coming out in the 2021 draft. I am sad to say that I lean towards taking another TE after this fiasco.

Belichick has fouled up WRs more years than I care to recall. Its crystal clear that Harry is a another Bust.

And now, no clear starting QB. How do you not have a replacement for Brady? Not a HOFer and not even a QB expected to win the Super Bowl as a rookie. But a QB who can pass the ball and with some future potential. Cam is no different than when Josh Gordon showed up on the market. At the time, the Pats desperately needed a WR because there again, terrible planning at this position. Fast forward to 2020 and the Patriots picked up a shaky passer in Cam because nobody else in the system was ready to lead. When Cam didnt want much money, it was a match made in heaven. Most times you get what you pay for.
The big thing to me is that while I get the age concern, why are they going year to year with Brady if they don't have a transition plan

Surely it's all Cams fault then and the shirt he decides to wear..also the posts on social media. Sensing a major generational gap with this one....

Never said it's "all his fault." But no one in his right mind will say Cam is part of the solution.

As for the generational "insight," be patient: Your judgment is very likely to mature over time, and you will no longer be quite so clueless.

Armchair GMs:

Without the benefit of hindsight, would you have honestly preferred to go into the season with Stidham/Hoyer, and passed on a minimal contract on Newton?

I thought taking on a used-up motormouth at any price was a mistake from the very start. I was right. We do not know what might have developed with a Camless team this year, but we DO know the result with Cam: 5 tds, twice as many ints, and the 29th-best passing offense in the league. I take this delusory revisionism re Cam's performance this year to be a form of dementia. A hit of Gingko Loba might help.

Armchair GMs:

I was not excited about signing Cam but I'd like to think that I would have said Yes to his signing at his minimal contract.
Why not? Rehab gamble value seemed to be there at minimal cap risk. Turns out it wasn't there. No real 2020 cap loss. Greek tragedy.

I think bb was right to take the gamble on newton.

Yet I wonder why he continues to want to see this through.

San Fran needs to do the right thing and release jimmy!

Armchair GMs:

I did not want them to sign him then. I saw this coming the minute they announced the signing. Injuries had already caught up to him in Carolina, he was terrible there. Even worse here.

I did not want them to sign him then. I saw this coming the minute they announced the signing. Injuries had already caught up to him in Carolina, he was terrible there. Even worse here.
The alternative was go into the season with Stidham and Hoyer. Neither could beat out Cam as bad as Cam was and Cam was so cheap that he had no cap impact.

Never said it's "all his fault." But no one in his right mind will say Cam is part of the solution.

As for the generational "insight," be patient: Your judgment is very likely to mature over time, and you will no longer be quite so clueless.
I wonder what part of generational insight allows one to evaluate 5 TD passes and 10 interceptions over the course of almost an entire season as being positive.

The big thing to me is that while I get the age concern, why are they going year to year with Brady if they don't have a transition plan

That is the million dollar question. That makes sense when you have Jimmy Garoppolo behind brady.

But once they traded him to San Fran it was choosing Brady over Jimmy. But Bill didn't change his strategy with Brady. At that point it should've been all in on Brady.

That is the million dollar question. That makes sense when you have Jimmy Garoppolo behind brady.

But once they traded him to San Fran it was choosing Brady over Jimmy. But Bill didn't change his strategy with Brady. At that point it should've been all in on Brady.
Yeah like I get not wanting to be stuck in a 2 or 3 year contract with a guy in his 40's. But the reality is that there was no difference if you had a two year contract in 2018 that brought Brady here this year and he crapped the bed and declined than what the result is now anyways. If you had Jimmy G, then you are thinking "well if Brady falls apart I might be stuck with this contract for the transition". But Brady wasn't even looking for an unreasonable contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back