PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butler's Punishment Could be More Detrimental than Construcive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome play on the biggest stage at the most important time. I am hoping like crazy that he becomes a good player, but I won't be surprised if he is like Tyree : big play then fades away.

Awesome play on the biggest stage at the most important time. I am hoping like crazy that he becomes a good player, but I won't be surprised if he is like Tyree : big play then fades away.
I don't know Tyree's attitude or background, but everything I've seen about Butler tells me he's made his mistakes and learned from them and grown up with them. I read a lot of quotes from him over the off season saying he didn't want to be a one hit wonder and was dedicated to doing the work to build a solid career, so I'm taking him at his word and expecting he will make the second year jump successfully. This was just a bump in his road, not a big deal. BB is looking to see how he handles this, coach needs to see that more than he needs to see his physical athleticism on the field cuz he already saw that last year.

Even ignoring the pick, Butler has already done more than Tyree did in his entire career. The odds are very much against them being mentioned in the same breath come five years from now.

It is not a big deal, except for the bored and idle mediots who need to create nontroversy on the airwaves.. Butler was surrounded by "Scoopy McScoop and friends " after practice last week all hoping that they could trip him up or make some controversial news..

The weather is not as much "chance" as it used to be, if you pay attention change your flights and get in early, rather than late.. no one player is bigger than the team. In all likelihood this has happened before, however the Red Sox are sucking and the Celts/Bruins are in the playoffs so the news folks need to create something, anything to fill space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes