PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Davis on NFL Network just said....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...when asked through the first two rounds, who has had the best draft...
He said number one the New England Patriots. He said when you get who many feel was the best running back after Reggie Bush with the 21st pick, and then move up in Rd 2 to get the WR who half the teams had rated as the number one receiver, you've done very, very, well.

Second he said was Denver.

Cardinals havent been to shabby either.........

Leinhart
Taitusi
Pope

Along with Edge, Boldin and Fitzy.......thats a solid lineup.

Ours looks good.

Hate to say it, but the Jets look like they've had a really good draft. I really respect Jaws and he loves the QB they got, plus they added two really promising linemen.

Props to the Broncos. They realized that the Snake will never get it done and then did an awful lot of maneuvering to get someone that can.

I think we pulled one over on them with Jackson though. Walker and Jackson are similar in that they are both extremely talented, but won't be ready to contribute at a high level for at least one year. The Pats are just paying a fraction of the price.

I love Butch

Bostonian1962 said:
He said number one the New England Patriots. He said when you get who many feel was the best running back after Reggie Bush with the 21st pick, and then move up in Rd 2 to get the WR who half the teams had rated as the number one receiver, you've done very, very, well.

What a brilliant mind..........He is right....Pats have had the best draft overall......two TOP 5 Offensive weapons, and defensive needs WILL be addressed.........looking good for the Pats!!!!!

yeah not only did we pay less of a price, (picks and $wise) we forced the issue and gave them no other option by jumping ahead of them. I was really psyched when I watched that pick!

i like houston's as well

Mario
Ryans
Winston
Spencer

On the other hand, If Butch Davis says we had a good draft I feel kind of uneasy about our draft. This is coming from a guy who took Gerrard Warren over Seymour and LT, as well as superstars like William Green, Jeff Faine, and Kellen Winslow Jr.

ayjackson said:
i like houston's as well

Mario
Ryans
Winston
Spencer

I'd hate to have to feed those 4; they are about 1200lbs before NFL Beefing up.

onegameatatime said:
Ours looks good.

Hate to say it, but the Jets look like they've had a really good draft. I really respect Jaws and he loves the QB they got, plus they added two really promising linemen.
Yeah but if his lines too big noodles might not be able to get it over them

Bostonian1962 said:

They haven't sad ONE WORD about the Pats draft in about 3 hours on ESPN.

SoonerPatriot said:
They haven't sad ONE WORD about the Pats draft in about 3 hours on ESPN.
Sure they have, they talked about both of our picks. Briefly, I'll grant you.

PromisedLand said:
Sure they have, they talked about both of our picks. Briefly, I'll grant you.

Yeah, about 3 hours ago. In the meantime they've broken down Indy, Baltimore, Tennessee ad naseum.

This means a lot considering who well Butch Davis was at grading draft talent.

onegameatatime said:
Ours looks good.

Jaws and you are right! I love the QB they got. Saw him at the combine, and he really stood out. Very accurate frozen ropes. Did better that the supposed stars. Clemens was a smart pick. The have a left OT for a decade and the best center. I even like the Ohio St. ILB they picked. Slow, but a football player.

stcjones said:
What a brilliant mind..........He is right....Pats have had the best draft overall......two TOP 5 Offensive weapons, and defensive needs WILL be addressed.........looking good for the Pats!!!!!

I am not disagreeing with him, but brilliant mind he is not.

Even more praise

Coach Davis just re-iterated his praise of the Pats draft including Dave Thomas as a player the NE fans will love. High praise indeed! We be livin large already and we have our day 2 wizards ready to kick @ss! Plus we screwed Denver by drafting Jackson...gotta love it!

Last edited:
Mel Kiper on SportsCenter just had the Pats as his Day One winner. He said each pick had great value and he expected all three draftees to make significant contributions to the team in their rookie seasons. :rocker:

Contrary to NEM, I don't believe that Leinhart is over-rated. I think Leinhart will be a solid, if not unspectacular, QB who will get playing time when Warner goes down to his yearly injury. And only if/when he beats out John Navarre.

What I found telling, today, was that Dennis Green gave Davey NO CHANCE of being the #2 or #3 QB for the Cards.

Bostonian1962 said:

Personally, I think San Francisco has had the best draft so far, followed by the Pats, and then the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft