PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Davis on NFL Network just said....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sitting behind a few 49ers fans and the were pretty happy with Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson and Brandon Williams, WR out of Wisconsin.
Granted they had more than a few holes but it seems like Nolan is addressing them.......

Patsfanin Philly said:
I was sitting behind a few 49ers fans and the were pretty happy with Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson and Brandon Williams, WR out of Wisconsin.
Granted they had more than a few holes but it seems like Nolan is addressing them.......

It's not difficult to see what they might like in those players. Athletically superb. After so many recent questionable drafts, the Niners seem to be getting smarter again. I still have doubts about Smith's ability to perform, and it seems a shame to have lost Peterson, with Lawson coming in.

I find it more intriguing to compare teams at similar positions in the draft. Weak teams ought to end up with a couple of should-be terrific players. Our competition in this game should be the Steelers, Colts, Broncos...even the Dolphins. What are the thoughts on their draft? With no second round pick, their success will depend on Jason Allen's health. And I thought they allready had a pretty good secondary. Hagan is an unknown to me.

The Jaguars also seem to have had a decent draft, with Lewis the TE in the first round and a likely special teamer in Maurice Drew, who is drawing comps to Westbrook and Warrick Dunn (unlikely ceiling, but intriguing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back