PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bumbling Red Sox Back Into Playoff Berth

there is no such thing as backing into the playoffs. you either make it or you don't. dumb ass thread title . i wont waste my time reading your other crap. what was the cardinals record going into the playoffs in 06 and what was there record the last 15 games ? it wasnt good . and they won the ws. baseball history is loaded with teams who won the ws and had ****ty records the last two weeks of the season. the 2000 yankees come to mind. give me a freakin break.

Last edited:
All you gotta do is get in. Once you do that, everyone starts at 0-0.

If they play up to their potential against Cleveland, a team that just fired its manager, they'll end the season a game ahead of their pace in 2004 and a game behind their pace in 2007.

As Real World said, every playoff team's 0-0, so who cares how they play meaningless games? One extra home game sure doesn't stack up against whichever team's pitchers perform well, and I real positives for the Sox in terms of pitching matchups.

All you gotta do is get in. Once you do that, everyone starts at 0-0.

That seems to be the thing to say when one's team is flat. :confused:

I'm a lifelong Sox fan ... so of course I hope they go all the way.
It will come down to pitching ... I hope Beckett and Lester are ready to go.

I know the WEEI guys keep saying "there is no such thing as backing into the playoffs" but I disagree with that because I think there is such a thing - but the Red Sox are not an example of it.

To me a team is "backing into the playoffs" when they are losing meaningful games but still make the playoffs because their opponents lose meaningful games as well. Suppose the Rangers were 1 game behind the Red Sox entering this weekend and both teams lost all 3 games despite playing all their starters and going all out. That would be "backing into the playoffs."

But here, the Rangers haven't been a serious threat to the Red Sox all September. It's been an entire month of meaningless games, so losing those games is not really "backing into the playoffs". They are just resting their starters and letting Pawtucket play out the string.

That seems to be the thing to say when one's team is flat. :confused:

I'm a lifelong Sox fan ... so of course I hope they go all the way.
It will come down to pitching ... I hope Beckett and Lester are ready to go.

In 2000 the Yankees were up something like 9 or 10 games in September, and only took the division by 2 games when it was all said and done. The Yanks were paying horrible baseball in the last 2-3 weeks of the year. I forget exactly, but they lost something like 9 straight, and 15 of 18. It was something horrendous like that. Me and my buddy thought the Yankees were toast come playoff time. Well, they ended up winning the World Series that year. I learned alot from it. That while you'd like to be playing good, crisp ball going into any playoffs (any sport), in the end, it means little.

Getting cheap sport jerseys(NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL),brand shoes,handbags etc ,welcome go to visit
(3w).tradebeneficiary.com

Getting cheap sport jerseys(NFL,NBA,MLB,NHL),brand shoes,handbags etc ,welcome go to visit
(3w).tradebeneficiary.com
i hate spammers. for that reason i will not visit your site.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back