PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo crowd/Foxboro Stadium crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Buffalo crowd / Foxboro Stadium crowd

I still think there's probably a higher percentage of white collar fans at Pats games than other venues.

And that would mean WHAT? I'm white collar and I yell louder than anyone in my section. You're going nowhere with this argument. You think Meadowlands crowds are blue collar? They're pretty loud too.

Re: Buffalo crowd / Foxboro Stadium crowd

And that would mean WHAT? I'm white collar and I yell louder than anyone in my section. You're going nowhere with this argument. You think Meadowlands crowds are blue collar? They're pretty loud too.

I'm white collar also, but the vast majority of people I know who get tickets to Pats games don't really give a ****. And yes, I think the meadowlands is more blue collar. Not trying to start a class war here, just making a fairly basic observation; people who get tickets through connections or can generally afford outlandish ticket prices tend not to be the most die hard fans.

yeah you may be right about the seats being further away but I have observed that Gillette is pretty steep. When I went to Baltimore I felt like the seats were seat much much further back from the field than Gillette. I think Gillette steep angles is one of the only thing that makes it good for sound the fact the seats are close to the field.

Imagine if he just filled in that 200 Bowl there would be like 60000 seats right on top of the field i don't care what anyone says it would be really loud. Then another 15000 up top in the 300's we could easily build one of those Fed Ex field style roofs over the 300 sections to deflect sound to the field.

Bang we suddenly become Qwest field just like that.

Hey I know Im dreaming but now that his mall is built maybe he will get bored and do something like this.

I have heard a lot of rumors from local electricians and plumbers that they were being recruited for stadium expansion.

Bill Simmons wrote a column about how these new "state of the art stadiums" aren't much of a home-field advantage.
ESPN Page 2 - Simmons: Home-field advantage has left the building

Simmons takes a minor point and blows it WAY out of proportion, at least as far as Gillette is concerned. In fact, I think this "Bug" character he talks about is fictional. No way it takes 35-40 minutes to walk to the stadium from across the freakin' street. I park 1.5 miles away and am there in 15-20 minutes tops. Gillette could and probably should have been designed differently, but no way I'd want to go back to that uncomfortable relic it replaced.

... yes, I think the meadowlands is more blue collar.

Only one blue-collar fan goes to games in the Meadowlands -- Fireman Joe.

Last edited:
No way it takes 35-40 minutes to walk to the stadium from across the freakin' street. I park 1.5 miles away and am there in 15-20 minutes tops.
I think he was talking about the time it takes to walk from across the street and get to your seats. It definitely took me about that long to get to my nosebleeds. Heck, you spend about 10 minutes just waiting in the security line. This could all be solved if they would just put in some freakin' escalators!!!! If the Meadowlands can have them, no reason Gillette shouldn't have them. But I digress...

Only one blue-collar fan goes to games in the Meadowlands -- Fireman Joe.
Is that guy back? I know he wasn't there for most of the 2007 season. That guy's a camera/jumbotron whore IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye