PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi will retire [mergedx5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, :cry2: I already miss him. Best of luck Tedy!

I missed the Micheals announcement...went to sleep early..and heard it on Fox radio as I was taking my stepdaughter to work...WOW!! Wow...because I really thought it would be one last go round..BUT..he's doing it his way..his terms..it seams. Sad..sad..sad day...BUT..his inspiration will be there for all!!! There was something that told me this was all possible, especially when he mentioned finding a role..I was really unsure what it would be. I think all Patriot fans will miss him...I know I will..big time!!! Thank you Tedy!!!!

Tedy was always realisitic. He took just below his worth and was never threatedned with a CAP cut. He also knew when to go. Its Time.

Thankl You Tedy Bruschi.:)

Utterly heart-broke this morning.

grazie dall'Italia Tedy # 54

sei stato un grande ! buona fortuna !

ci mancherai !

The Passing of the Guard is complete. The Defense is now completely rebuilt and new. Adalius at 32, is the new Old-timer.

The King is Dead. Long Live the [new] King.:)

Absolutely devestated! Such a weird thing to think of the Pats without Bruschi. He's been my absolute favourite player since I became a fan in my teens. He's the heart and soul of this team and will be sorely missed. Had to hold back the tears reading the news at work, first thing I did getting home was put on the America's Game about the 2004 Patriots. Still gives me chills every time it watch, seeing him talk about the team. So much passion. He's a true champion of the game.

Thanks for everything Bru!

Wonder if he'll stay in a coaching capacity and offer a Junior Seau type option later in the year if we needed it?

This is the saddest news, i've heard in a long time. I will never get the opportunity to see 'the reason i'm watching football right now' play. I was supposed to see him play in london. Thanks Bru for all the great memories and your contributions to football. You'll always be a patriot!!!!!!

Great guy. Great Pat. Great NFL career.

Good luck, #54.

IMO, I think he'd make an excellent Xs & Os studio analyst. Good charisma. Speaks well..

Thanks for all the memories #54! Stay close to your phone, you might get a call in December or January!

We all knew this day was coming, including BB I'm sure, just didn't figure it would be today... He's been struggling to get on the field this camp. Tedy has always given it his all and given this organization more bang for their buck than probably anyone but Tommy. Football players increasingly demand respect while aschewing being held to higher standards as role models. Tedy earned respect by being one, on and off the field. I know he will remain with the team in some capacity or other. He's one of the rare ones who will be able to write his own ticket in whatever capacity suits him. May not coach while the boys are still so young, but down the road I can envision that too.

Are the Sox in town this week?? 'Cause if they are between Fenway and Foxboro he should feel some serious love this week.

Thanks for the memories Tedy Bruschi... :youtheman:

Thanks for all the hard work Mr. Bruschi. You will be missed!!

He was a great player who had alot to do with all the Championships! He was also somebody who LOVED New England, the team, and the fans. He made it a point to play his entire career here. Thank you Tedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, seems like every year we lose another one. Brown last year, now Bruschi. What are we down to,: Brady, Faulk, Light, Seymour? Anyone else?

Neal. That's all.

And Neal has durability issues, Light's successor seems to have been drafted this year, Seymour is in the last year of his contract and not a hometown discount kind of guy, and Faulk takes a lot of hits from guys bigger than him. :(

He was a great player who had alot to do with all the Championships! He was also somebody who LOVED New England, the team, and the fans. He made it a point to play his entire career here. Thank you Tedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen. Class act all the way.

The INT vs. Miami and the fumble recovery vs Indy (counting his quote afterwards) are two of my favorite Patriots moments ever.

Neal. That's all.

And Neal has durability issues, Light's successor seems to have been drafted this year, Seymour is in the last year of his contract and not a hometown discount kind of guy, and Faulk takes a lot of hits from guys bigger than him. :(

Did Neal even play that year? I know he was on the team, but I don't remember him?

Wow, surprised, I was also hoping the pats could win one more ring with him on the team.

Good luck Teddy, your a true patriot.

Does this take Kevin O'Connell out of the headlines?

You wish! ;)

Full tilt, full time. My number one all-time Patriot has gone. You've done it all, Tedy, and been blessed to come back when you might not have. So just: THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back