PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi: Potential Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it sounded like he said that he's in a coaching mindset and was seeing things from coaches' eyes more than a player's eyes...him going into coaching would be natural for him and help the team out if they want him to do it.

If he takes a year off I don't blame him though, he has earned it ;)

This is what I was thinking the whole time. The best coaches are usually the ones who have to work the hardest to become great, not the ones who are born with every physical gift.

I don't see him taking broadcasting over coaching. The way he played and how he talked about goals indicates to me that he would be happier as a "doer" versus a reporter.

Being a good broadcaster isn't easy, and Teddy would be good.....but I think he loves the game too much and just as important....the Patriot's franchise too much.

I think he becomes a coach for the Pats in a year or two and moves up the coaching ladder. How far up will depend upon his accumen. We know he can be a LB coach......future DC?.....maybe.....Future HC after BB....only if he is the best candidate and proves it to BB. It would sure be sweet if it worked out this way.

Seems like the immediate future will consist of family time and inspiriational speaking. I would love to see him coach. LB coach maybe... helping college DEs transition to NFL LBs? If he doesn't do that it would be great to see him in broadcasting. I think he would do really well, and it would be great to still see him around.

I don't see why he would choose the grind of a professional coaching job. I see him spending a lot of time with his kids and coaching kids teams. If he wants a little higher level, he might be a high school coach. He also has a future give speeches as a motivational speaker if he wishes.

Sure, he could come to camp to help out with the young linebackers if he wanted, but not a full-time job.

Coaching is such a grind, you have to come earlier, stay later and study even more... thought he was going to spend more time with his boys.. media jobs are far more lucrative, and less time consuming...

I think there's a shot he becomes a coach one day but I have a feeling he takes it easy and spends time with the family.

Coaching is a year round job with insane hours. I think it would be more likely that he does some broadcast type stuff.

08-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Ted Bruschi needs to join the coaching staff. He can't play. He is the worst player in the field of either team.
I called this one, right after the game.
Sorry for the disrespectful tone, Teddy. I am glad you made the right decision. 54 will always be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News