PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can believe that if you want. Come sunday when you just see what raiders have at skill positions, you will finally understand the errors of your ways. Your blessed with the best Qb that makes rather average talent look alot better. Did you watch a coaches life. Bellichik basically admitted it.

I'm a Raider fan you numb nuts

Boss- Solid Solid Run Blocker which makes Zach Millers departure null. Don't believe that's important go ask Jets fans, they are believers. Solid Rec threat and will get open.

Statements like this make it very difficult to take you guys seriously.

Run DMC- U know why

Elite player, No argument there.

Moore- Has a chance to be the RoY. The guy makes plays Rec, Rushing and is a very solid blocker in the run game not to mention is a solid PR. (Hopefully Nick Miller is cut)

Waaay to early to put this kid in Canton, he's a rookie and they eventually run into the rookie wall. Nice player so far though.

Ford- U know why

good player LAST YEAR, but if he's hurt, he won't have any effect on the ballgame.

Boss- Solid Solid Run Blocker which makes Zach Millers departure null. Don't believe that's important go ask Jets fans, they are believers. Solid Rec threat and will get open.

I think Boss and Miller are a wash.

Hagan/ Glass Joe Chaz - Both arn't going to beat you down field but both will move chains, make catches in traffic and are our best Run blocking WR's. Your DB's will not get to our RB's.

You're reaching here. Run blocking is a good skill to have, but receivers are paid to catch and gain separation. Then again this Pats secondary has looked soft, so we'll see how they matchup.

Bush- Could be a starter on some teams. Money short yardage/Goaline/4th qtr back. Dude is the closer and very underrated in the pass game. Made a crucial first down catch vs jets. Our back up RB is better than every Patriot back on your roster.

If he was really a starter caliber RB, some other team would have picked him up to do that in free agency. That didn't happen. A nice short yardage back, but he's no DMC.

Seabas- strongest leg in the game. Means when normal teams punt the ball we can actually score 3 points. Pats will start from 20 every time meaning all Drives will have to go 80, not saying Brady can't or Won't but you will have too.

And he's still NOT worth a 1st round pick no matter how you spin it, he's a kicker. Gost's leg is just as strong. He bombs touchbacks all day long. Forget about returning his kicks unless he's kicking into a 20mph headwind.

Lechler- We will never give up bad field position even if you do stop our offense and force us to punt. Down side though he has a bad knack for over kicking his coverage because of his strong leg.

Again Zoltan Mesko can match this guy in leg strength. The kickers and punters I'd call a wash. Special teams returns and coverage might be a different story.

DHB- LMAO BEST DECOY IN THE GAME BABY...Him and Revis should have just sat in the stands and watched the game. I hope your best DB is covering him....

A 1st round pick is a terrible waste for a DECOY. The Dolphins tried to justify drafting Ginn with a 1st because he was a great kick returner. But fact was as a receiver he just sucked. Does DHB even return kicks? I see him getting cut loose by the Raiders within the next 18 months.

It's gonna be a good, close game. Looking forward to it. Raiders have weapons, but Brady is the best QB in the league and he's got a ton of weapons as well. The only thing I'm worried about is the time of possession battle. If DMC goes wild for 200 yards and the Raiders eat up too much clock, Brady won't have enough possessions to outscore Oakland. We'll just have to see how that battle turns out.

Last edited:
You can count to two. Who could have guessed that.

You are smarter than I origionally thought.

However, let's expand your knowledge and have you realize four(4) is bigger than two(2).

This is called a variance and in football is called turnover differential. It's even bigger when a turnover results directly in a touchdown.

Maybe we should work on getting you to count to six(6) or seven (7).

Here are some big numbers for you to think about while youre sitting on the toilet. Dont strain too much.

NE defense after week 3

Points against - 27th
3rd down defense - 25th
Redzone defense - 23rd

Its all Bradys fault.

Every team has a Gronkoski and Hernandez? Damn, someone should let the entire sports media world know that! Good call out, dude!

So, they all have two All-Pro Offensive Lineman? Good to know - That changes the complexion of every game in the league for me. I need to look at my fantasy team matchups again this week!

They all have a coach with 5 rings and three as a head coach? Holy crap! I am learning so much here.

And you mentioned Brady..........ya think he's pretty good? Yea, so do we. Thanks for the props for the First Ballot HOF'er!!!!

Cool story, Bro.

BTW - Go ahead and play that "list game" - I think it would help you.

Sorry but Gronk and Hernandez are not the best TE's in the game and arn't the best run blockers. Damn good receivers but being a TE isnt a 1 dimensional thing. Maybe you feel they are because they are better then all your WR outside of Welker. Yes most teams have good All pro Lineman do I need to name teams? Is Mankins even playing or 100%?

BB is BB so what can I say to that but he ain't on the field between the numbers so... And i'm only talking about this year and what I see, you are living in the past. And right now BB isn't the best coach in the league and neither are the Pats they are very beatable. And so are we!

Statements like this make it very difficult to take you guys seriously.

Know it makes you not very knowledgeable about players out side your team! Zach Miller was an all pro TE by default (injury ). Was a avg run blocker and only lead the team in REC because our pass game was very weak, namely the WR's. Not to mention DMC was right behind him as the second leading REC... Go look how great hes doing in Seattle..our back up TE has put up just as good of numbers as Miller this year only playing sparingly.

Raiders haven't feilding their full complement of weapons yet due to injuries.
1. wr Jacoby Ford- before there was Denarius Moore he was last year sensation. A football player first with blazing track speed. Everyone else looks like they are playing in slow motion. If your Cb even with him expect himto be leaving him very soon. (played 1/2 quarter this year)

2wr Denarius Moore - this year sensation. The best looking rookie wr that they might have ever had. This kid the real deal. Don't make the mistake Jets did and not put your best on him.

3 FB marcel Reece(Probably out) - Hes really a Wr playing FB 6'3 245 4.41 This guy was suppose to be very big weapon versus the Jets as reciever. Raiders went right down the field because he was drawing attention big time. He went out early with an ankle injury.

4. Wr Louis Murphy- a big time weapon that does drop the occasssionally easy one. (hasn't played yet and you might not see but he should be back next week0

5wr Chaz Scilens 6'4 225 4.37 - Probably their best overall wr as no raider Wr has his whole package Size speed, hands and very good route runner. Guy just made of glass- can't stay healthy

6 M Bush- not the explosive runner that Mcfadden is but he can run it and catch it very well. Will be starting for someone else at Rb next season

7 Kevin Boss- a great blocker and a guy that defintely get down the seam

8 Wr Derek hagan - A professional Wr that very reliable- Raiders possessin reciever.

9. DHB- He Raiders sixth best Wr but he plays more because where he was drafted. When raiders get their full weapons back. He will probably play the slot and raiders will throw short looking for him to utilize his blazing speed after the catch. rather than going deep(terrible there) Rex Ryan biggest mistake was putting Revis on him most of the game.

NOw Here are guys that Raiders haven't broken in yet but are going to be bigtime players for them (could go way up this list)

RB Taiwan Jones ( say hes the fastest RB that ever ran for the raiders. He can catch and run as well as anyone I want to see him and Mcfadden in the backfield against the Patriots. They can have some fun and do alot of damage. (either one can get easily to the corner)

TE David ausbery 6'4 245 4.47 (former Wr- Going to be a bigtime weapon in this league.

QB T Pryor- When he gets off the suspension list hes going to help raider more at Wr and Te this year, than at QB another 6'5 235 4.38 weapon for al Saunders and Hue Jackson to utilize.

I like a lot of the players that the Raiders have drafted or traded for.

But, Im not sold on Jason Campbell. And, he is going to hold the Raiders back until Al brings a good QB in there.

If NE can stop or limit damage from DMC and put the game in Campbells hands, NE wins.

Candle- Not Brady but has not turned the ball over makes plays when needed, also has used his legs a lot more this year to get first downs and TD's. Our Scoring is way up cause of Candle's play.

Run DMC- U know why

Moore- Has a chance to be the RoY. The guy makes plays Rec, Rushing and is a very solid blocker in the run game not to mention is a solid PR. (Hopefully Nick Miller is cut)

Ford- U know why

Hagan/ Glass Joe Chaz - Both arn't going to beat you down field but both will move chains, make catches in traffic and are our best Run blocking WR's. Your DB's will not get to our RB's.

Bush- Could be a starter on some teams. Money short yardage/Goaline/4th qtr back. Dude is the closer and very underrated in the pass game. Made a crucial first down catch vs jets. Our back up RB is better than every Patriot back on your roster.

Reece- Probably not gonna play so all moot, but make no mistake he is a weapon.

Seabas- strongest leg in the game. Means when normal teams punt the ball we can actually score 3 points. Pats will start from 20 every time meaning all Drives will have to go 80, not saying Brady can't or Won't but you will have too.

Lechler- We will never give up bad field position even if you do stop our offense and force us to punt. Down side though he has a bad knack for over kicking his coverage because of his strong leg.

DHB- LMAO BEST DECOY IN THE GAME BABY...Him and Revis should have just sat in the stands and watched the game. I hope your best DB is covering him...

All of these guys except DHB which was kind of a joke have made plays and impact this offense. You can think its a joke if you want but that's on you.

It would seem that your definition of "weapon" is a player who's on the team. I don't agree with such a definition.

Brady
Welker
Gronkowski
Hernandez
Woodhead

Those are the Patriots offensive weapons right now, with Hernandez looking as if he'll miss the game and with Johnson not integrated enough into the system to know whether or not he'll be a weapon for the team.

Ford
McFadden

Those are the Raiders offensive weapons, and Moore is a player to watch to see if he can be a third legitimate weapon.

The rest of the offensive players on both teams are either linemen or just cogs in the machine at this point in their careers.

Last edited:
Was I talking to you? Look who i was responding to.

You quoted his post. On the internet, that's usually determinative of who you're talking to.

Sorry but Gronk and Hernandez are not the best TE's in the game and arn't the best run blockers. Damn good receivers but being a TE isnt a 1 dimensional thing. Maybe you feel they are because they are better then all your WR outside of Welker. Yes most teams have good All pro Lineman do I need to name teams? Is Mankins even playing or 100%?

Please name TWO tight ends on the same team that are better than the combo of Gronk and Hernandez. Don't strain too hard now, because I don't think you'll be able to find them.

Also while we're at it why don't you tell me which QB is better and why - Brady or Campbell. If your answer is Campbell this conversation is already over.

Last edited:
It would seem that your definition of "weapon" is a player who's on the team. I don't agree with such a definition.

Brady
Welker
Gronkowski
Hernandez
Woodhead

Those are the Patriots offensive weapons right now, with Hernandez looking as if he'll miss the game and with Johnson not integrated enough into the system to know whether or not he'll be a weapon for the team.

Ford
McFadden

Those are the Raiders offensive weapons, and Moore is a player to watch to see if he can be a third legitimate weapon.

The rest of the offensive players on both teams are either linemen or just cogs in the machine at this point in their careers.

Then you are not watching the games. But you will Sunday and you will see every player I mentioned make plays and contribute 1 way or the other. And right now Moore>Ford. Henandez is hurt coming off a knee. Woodhead meh, Right now your O is consists of 3 players, damn good ones but 3 none the less. Oh yeah don't forget our no name lame Oline is also playing a very high level at all facets.

I still see Pats as the favorites but my Silver and Blackness will not permit me to pick you guys in a win. Naw but for the Raiders to win we need to play damn good game but we do have a very good chance. I have also said it would be very very easy for the pats to come and blow us out! I do believe if teh game is close we will win it!

Know it makes you not very knowledgeable about players out side your team! Zach Miller was an all pro TE by default (injury ). Was a avg run blocker and only lead the team in REC because our pass game was very weak, namely the WR's. Not to mention DMC was right behind him as the second leading REC... Go look how great hes doing in Seattle..our back up TE has put up just as good of numbers as Miller this year only playing sparingly.

1.) Look at the numbers Boss has put up.

2.) Miller is one of the better TEs in the league. Boss is not.

3.) Seattle is one of the worst teams in the league.

Right now your O is consists of 3 players, damn good ones but 3 none the less.

Exhibit numero dos in the "I'm starting to question if you know what you're talking about" category.

Couple of your Points.

Jacoby Ford playing this week. He will be the returner(don't kick it out has a chance to take it to the house)

M Bush - the chargers tried tom trade for him(werre going to get a third rounder. M Bush was a RFA this year. Raiders put compensation to sign him at a 1 and 3rd rounder. Almost guarantee he be a Raider this year.

That just silly your punter and Kicker are a wash. Every expert will tell you that is the best duo in the league (raiders kickers) and it isn't even close.

Thats not true Raiders might have faster guys than Chaz Schilens and D hagan but both are still very fast. Both can get down the field. (i wouldn't agree at all with that raider fan assesment there.

Again you have big advanatage in Qb but not at the skill positions that where raiders destroy you.

Please name TWO tight ends on the same team that are better than the combo of Gronk and Hernandez. Don't strain too hard now, because I don't think you'll be able to find them.

Don't need to strain...Yes they are a good combo but that's only cause that's how your offense is set up. No one else is using 2 TE's. Yes I have recognized Gronk as playing as one of the best right now, there are plenty of TE's better than Hernandez plus he has a knee injury. But you are only getting production out of 1 WR. Your other WR's are not that good. Branch is Branch but Routt will shut him down if he can't then Routt should pick a new profession!

1.) Look at the numbers Boss has put up.

2.) Miller is one of the better TEs in the league. Boss is not.

3.) Seattle is one of the worst teams in the league.

NO! Boss only played 1 game and made huge plays for us in that game.

Boss = Miller is Rec
Boss>Miller Run/Pass Blocking and it ain't even close.

Boss 2-36 1 game
Miller 5-41 3 games

Boss had already made a hug impact blocking against the Jets.

Last edited:
The only fact is we both lost to the Bills. We lost cause our D collapsed, you lost cause your Offense made mistakes and the D collapsed...

This is a game between two teams that are in similar situations only you guys pass we run. We can pick and talk shyt till the cows come home this is a game we just have to watch get played out cause anything can happen. NE can blow Oak out, Oak can win a close game, can be a OT game, can be a real stinker (3-6) lol. Sorry but there is no real handle on this game either way and analysts are just soft Charger bandwagon fans anyway so what they say means jack shyt!

Sounds good to me

Now let's see ya explain that to the other Raider guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST