PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't pick Oakland.

This doesn't mean that I don't respect them in any sense but their secondary is not strong. Again, not taking anything away from Fitzy and the Bills cause they've been amazing thus far but If they could do it, Brady could do it 10 times better.

Even though our secondary has been horendous, don't forget that out run defense ranks I think 11 th or so. We don't have a terrible run stop defense. With Haynesworth and Warren back, I think we do a decent job. Need the LB corp to step on the edges because McFadden will tear that up.

I have become an expert on spotting stupid.

Much practice with you posting here.

You posting has allowed my to hone the craft.

You live amongst Morons.

They always said Dimwits flock together. BTW, Fitzpatrick threw 2 INTS.

Teddy knows what he's doing.

He looks at himself as the defacto exterior motivator.

He wants the team to hear this and he wants them to use it.

Tedy's using motivational techniques on his favorite team through his new media outlet, we've seen this before. hmm, something about a jets game.

Go Pats!!!:rocker:

This. That's exactly what I thought when I read it. Fire them up Teddy!!

Teddy knows what he's doing.

He looks at himself as the defacto exterior motivator.

He wants the team to hear this and he wants them to use it.

yeah, this could also be true to.

I don't have a problem with former players becoming part of the media...they have to make a living too, just like the rest of us. And, if you are part of the national media, like Tedy is now, you can hardly expect to pick the Pats week in and week out, and still keep your job. And, like others have pointed out, when your defense is giving up alot of yards and alot of points, and you are playing on the road, its hardly a stretch to pick against the Pats.
I loved Tedy when he was playing, obviously. I don't pay him, or his picks, any more attention now, though, then I do any other talking head on TV...which is to say, I basically ignore them. If any of the talking heads REALLY knew who was going to win, they would be making a killing on the games in Vegas, not yapping their gums on TV. Quite frankly, I pay alot more attention to what is said on this site..even though I dont always agree with it... then I do to what is said by the media....and that includes Tedy.

I have to think that Warren,Wilfork and Haynesworth should be able to slow down the Raiders OL enough to hold McFadden to a sub par performance...if they can't, it will be a long day for the Pats Defense......

Do they run a 3-4 more often?

questions...questions....

Brady has to have gotten the Bills fiasco out of his system...lightning doesn't usually strike twice in a row......

This game will be a yardstick to see how the Pats measure up vs Jets.....

I see it as a big time trap game, I also don't think the Patriots are as good as the media hype to be. Plus Boston is under the negative energy microscope for obvious reasons. Plus the general public wants to see Brady fail. I pick them to lose in Oakland. I picked them to fail to cover their point spread last week.

You live amongst Morons.

They always said Dimwits flock together. BTW, Fitzpatrick threw 2 INTS.

You can count to two. Who could have guessed that.

You are smarter than I origionally thought.

However, let's expand your knowledge and have you realize four(4) is bigger than two(2).

This is called a variance and in football is called turnover differential. It's even bigger when a turnover results directly in a touchdown.

Maybe we should work on getting you to count to six(6) or seven (7).

So wait, a guy that has actually played in this defense and knows it inside and out says that the defense is the weakness of the team? Shocker. And although I agree with his stance on the defense as of right now, I disagree with his prediction. I think the Patriots will win, but, sadly, will once again win in a shootout.

So wait, a guy that has actually played in this defense and knows it inside and out says that the defense is the weakness of the team? Shocker. And although I agree with his stance on the defense as of right now, I disagree with his prediction. I think the Patriots will win, but, sadly, will once again win in a shootout.

Jason Campbell's a streaky QB as far as accuracy goes. He could be just what the doctor ordered for a guy like McCourty.

I can't pick Oakland.

This doesn't mean that I don't respect them in any sense but their secondary is not strong. Again, not taking anything away from Fitzy and the Bills cause they've been amazing thus far but If they could do it, Brady could do it 10 times better.

Even though our secondary has been horendous, don't forget that out run defense ranks I think 11 th or so. We don't have a terrible run stop defense. With Haynesworth and Warren back, I think we do a decent job. Need the LB corp to step on the edges because McFadden will tear that up.

Couple facts. 1. You have a worse secondary than the Raiders(last in pass defense) 2. only reason you are ranked 10 against the run is because you are last in pass defense.

If the jets who have a way better run defense than Patriots couldn't stop Mcfadden, what do you think your chances are.

Your team making the trip across the country this week . Thats going to take alot out of them.

You have less weapons on offense than the raiders have(Gronkowski, Welker two very dangerous ones) Thats two primarily guys Raiders have to stop on offense.()they are tough) but the others shouldn't be as much.

Couple facts. 1. You have a worse secondary than the Raiders(last in pass defense) 2. only reason you are ranked 10 against the run is because you are last in pass defense.

If the jets who have a way better run defense than Patriots couldn't stop Mcfadden, what do you think your chances are.

Your team making the trip across the country this week . Thats going to take alot out of them.

You have less weapons on offense than the raiders have(Gronkowski, Welker two very dangerous ones) Thats two primarily guys Raiders have to stop on offense.()they are tough) but the others shouldn't be as much.

The notion that the Patriots have fewer offensive weapons than the Raiders is absurd.

Jason Campbell's a streaky QB as far as accuracy goes. He could be just what the doctor ordered for a guy like McCourty.

I doubt McCourty is going to be able to intercept many balls with the back of his head to the quarterback. :snob:

Tedy

Is that you?:confused:

Let me get this straight.

Absent direct play, the only way to judge two teams is via a common opponent.

In this case, both teams played the same opponent, with the same personnel, in the same stadium, under identical conditions and you actually think favorably of your defense?

38 points vs 27 points

490 yards vs 440 yards

Five second half TD's surrendered on five drives total vs 2 TD's (one short field)/FG on six drives.

Outside of showing you are smarter than 75% of patsfans.com, what's the purpose of the post?

The notion that the Patriots have fewer offensive weapons than the Raiders is absurd.

The patriots have the best Qb in the game and two pretty good weapons in Welker and Gronkowski. (hernandez is pretty good too) outside of that the rest of the talent is rather average at best.

Like the bills they don't have the best talent either but playing that spread offense they get the most of their talent. Very tough team because of that scheme.

Why the Jets totally took out that offense in the playoffs. IF You put Tom Brady with the weapons raiders have on offense. There is no way Rex Ryan could devise a game plan to stop that offense.

The patriots have the best Qb in the game and two pretty good weapons in Welker and Gronkowski. (hernandez is pretty good too) outside of that the rest of the talent is rather average at best.

Like the bills they don't have the best talent either but playing that spread offense they get the most of their talent. Very tough team because of that scheme.

Why the Jets totally took out that offense in the playoffs. IF You put Tom Brady with the weapons raiders have on offense. There is no way Rex Ryan could devise a game plan to stop that offense.

The Raiders have one wide receiver capable of doing anything (although the rookie has shown promise), and he missed last week's game. The Raiders don't have anything at tight end. The Patriots O-line is vastly superior to the Raiders O-line.

In short, the Raiders have McFadden and not much else. As for "pretty good weapons", Welker is the best slot receiver in the NFL, and Gronkowki's proving that he's at the top of the league's TEs. Branch may not be all that much outside of New England, but he'd still be an upgrade for the Raiders WR corps, and you're underrating Woodhead by ignoring him.

The Patriots issues/questions on offense are really pretty limited:

"power/main" RB
TE depth and current health (Hernandez knee sprain)
Johnson's adjusting to the system

That's it.

Last edited:

What weapons do the Raiders have on offense outside of DMC?

Tedy

Is that you?:confused:

Let me get this straight.

Absent direct play, the only way to judge two teams is via a common opponent.

In this case, both teams played the same opponent, with the same personnel, in the same stadium, under identical conditions and you actually think favorably of your defense?

38 points vs 27 points

490 yards vs 440 yards

Five second half TD's surrendered on five drives total vs 2 TD's (one short field)/FG on six drives.

Outside of showing you are smarter than 75% of patsfans.com, what's the purpose of the post?

See you could throw out stats without taking all the facts in consideration.

Lets look at what your missing. Raiders played a late Monday night game. They had to fly all the way across the country on a short week. To play a game early 10:00 on the westcoast.

Raiders defense played very well the first half. The second half they were clearly gassed and it showed.

NOw you do know the diffrence between traveling from New England and Buffalo. Oakland and Buffalo.

You don't think its a big deal. NOw your making that long treck across the country to play the raiders. Good luck there.

Last edited:
Wait!
Has "Mrs Bruschi" seen this thread? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye