PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The patriots have the best Qb in the game and two pretty good weapons in Welker and Gronkowski. (hernandez is pretty good too) outside of that the rest of the talent is rather average at best.

Like the bills they don't have the best talent either but playing that spread offense they get the most of their talent. Very tough team because of that scheme.

Why the Jets totally took out that offense in the playoffs. IF You put Tom Brady with the weapons raiders have on offense. There is no way Rex Ryan could devise a game plan to stop that offense.

"Hernandez is pretty good" - Yea, ya think? Try and watch more Sport Center highlights or maybe just pay attention to the games.

Welker and Gronkowski are "pretty good weapons" - Ya, you're right, they're ok. :bricks: Seeing how they are on track to break every record, I think "pretty good" is a sound analysis

Who are these weapons on the Raiders team? I'll give you McFadden has played well.

Other than running back, the Patriots are the best offensive team in the game, and the Raiders are average to below average at best.

See you could throw out stats without taking all the facts in consideration.

Lets look at what your missing. Raiders played a late Monday night game. They had to fly all the way across the country on a short week. To play a game early 10:00 on the westcoast.

Raiders defense played very well the first half. The second half they were clearly gassed and it showed.

NOw you do know the diffrence between traveling from New England and Buffalo. Oakland and Buffalo.

You don't think its a big deal. NOw your making that long treck across the country to play the raiders. Good luck there.

Actually, I didn't take the Monday thingy into consideration because it's BS.

So what about the first half. The other defense played well in the first half.

If you want the right answer, it's the fact your opponent went into the second half with some adjustments and blew your crappy defense out.

Five drives- Five touchdowns. No MNF accounts for that performance.

Actually, I didn't take the Monday thingy into consideration because it's BS.

So what about the first half. The other defense played well in the first half.

If you want the right answer, it's the fact your opponent went into the second half with some adjustments and blew your crappy defense out. BTW don't forget that even though we gave up 38 we also scored 35 and that was passing the ball (not a major str). So if you can say your D is better then I can say our offense is better using the common opponent theory.

Five drives- Five touchdowns. No MNF accounts for that performance.

The only fact is we both lost to the Bills. We lost cause our D collapsed, you lost cause your Offense made mistakes and the D collapsed...

This is a game between two teams that are in similar situations only you guys pass we run. We can pick and talk shyt till the cows come home this is a game we just have to watch get played out cause anything can happen. NE can blow Oak out, Oak can win a close game, can be a OT game, can be a real stinker (3-6) lol. Sorry but there is no real handle on this game either way and analysts are just soft Charger bandwagon fans anyway so what they say means jack shyt!

Last edited:
Couple facts. 1. You have a worse secondary than the Raiders(last in pass defense) 2. only reason you are ranked 10 against the run is because you are last in pass defense.

If the jets who have a way better run defense than Patriots couldn't stop Mcfadden, what do you think your chances are.

Your team making the trip across the country this week . Thats going to take alot out of them.

You have less weapons on offense than the raiders have(Gronkowski, Welker two very dangerous ones) Thats two primarily guys Raiders have to stop on offense.()they are tough) but the others shouldn't be as much.

I respect the Raiders. Additionally, I like when opposing fans come on this site to discuss football. That said, I'm having a couple of problems with this post. While certainly the Pats have had issues on defense, stating that the Raiders secondary is better than ours based on 3 games seems a little premature. And stating that the Raiders have more offensive weapons??? I just don't see how you can see that.

Regardless, games aren't won or lost on paper. I think the Raiders have an up and coming team and coach. It's going to be a very difficult game for us.

Last edited:
I respect the Raiders. Additionally, I like when opposing fans come on this site to discuss football. That said, I'm having a couple of problems with this post. While certainly the Pats have had issues on defense, stating that the Raiders secondary is better than ours based on 3 games seems a little premature. And stating that the Raiders have more offensive weapons??? I just don't see how you can see that.

Regardless, games aren't won or lost on paper. I think the Raiders have an up and coming team and coach. It's going to be a very difficult game for us.

I think what he means is we have more threats? if you add up players we may have more in our column but that doesn't mean they are better than Brady, Welker. We only have 1 player in that league and thats DMC. So looking at it from that prospective I see it as 2-1 Pats!

I think what he means is we have more threats? if you add up players we may have more in our column but that doesn't mean they are better than Brady, Welker. We only have 1 player in that league and thats DMC. So looking at it from that prospective I see it as 2-1 Pats!

But the Raiders don't have more threats.

But the Raiders don't have more threats.

I guess if you want we can play the list game but all that matter are ... Brady, Welker, DMC everyone else is what every team has...

What weapons do the Raiders have on offense outside of DMC?
Raiders haven't feilding their full complement of weapons yet due to injuries.
1. wr Jacoby Ford- before there was Denarius Moore he was last year sensation. A football player first with blazing track speed. Everyone else looks like they are playing in slow motion. If your Cb even with him expect himto be leaving him very soon. (played 1/2 quarter this year)

2wr Denarius Moore - this year sensation. The best looking rookie wr that they might have ever had. This kid the real deal. Don't make the mistake Jets did and not put your best on him.

3 FB marcel Reece(Probably out) - Hes really a Wr playing FB 6'3 245 4.41 This guy was suppose to be very big weapon versus the Jets as reciever. Raiders went right down the field because he was drawing attention big time. He went out early with an ankle injury.

4. Wr Louis Murphy- a big time weapon that does drop the occasssionally easy one. (hasn't played yet and you might not see but he should be back next week0

5wr Chaz Scilens 6'4 225 4.37 - Probably their best overall wr as no raider Wr has his whole package Size speed, hands and very good route runner. Guy just made of glass- can't stay healthy

6 M Bush- not the explosive runner that Mcfadden is but he can run it and catch it very well. Will be starting for someone else at Rb next season

7 Kevin Boss- a great blocker and a guy that defintely get down the seam

8 Wr Derek hagan - A professional Wr that very reliable- Raiders possessin reciever.

9. DHB- He Raiders sixth best Wr but he plays more because where he was drafted. When raiders get their full weapons back. He will probably play the slot and raiders will throw short looking for him to utilize his blazing speed after the catch. rather than going deep(terrible there) Rex Ryan biggest mistake was putting Revis on him most of the game.

NOw Here are guys that Raiders haven't broken in yet but are going to be bigtime players for them (could go way up this list)

RB Taiwan Jones ( say hes the fastest RB that ever ran for the raiders. He can catch and run as well as anyone I want to see him and Mcfadden in the backfield against the Patriots. They can have some fun and do alot of damage. (either one can get easily to the corner)

TE David ausbery 6'4 245 4.47 (former Wr- Going to be a bigtime weapon in this league.

QB T Pryor- When he gets off the suspension list hes going to help raider more at Wr and Te this year, than at QB another 6'5 235 4.38 weapon for al Saunders and Hue Jackson to utilize.

Last edited:
I guess if you want we can play the list game but all that matter are ... Brady, Welker, DMC everyone else is what every team has...

No, you're the one making a claim backing up the other guy, so let's play the list game. Other than McFadden and Ford, who are the Raiders players who are proven "threats"?

1. wr Jacoby Ford- before there was Denarius Moore he was last year sensation. A football player first with blazing track speed. Everyone else looks like they are playing in slow motion. If your Cb even with him expect himto be leaving him very soon. (played 1/2 quarter this year)

2wr Denarius Moore - this year sensation. The best looking rookie wr that they might have ever had. This kid the real deal. Don't make the mistake Jets did and not put your best on him.

3 FB marcel Reece(Probably out) - Hes really a Wr playing FB 6'3 245 4.41 This guy was suppose to be very big weapon versus the Jets as reciever. Raiders went right down the field because he was drawing attention big time. He went out early with an ankle injury.

4. Wr Louis Murphy- a big time weapon that does drop the occasssionally easy one. (hasn't played yet and might not see but he should be back next week0

5wr Chaz Scilens 6'4 225 4.37 - Probably their best overall wr as no raider Wr has his whole package Size speed, hands and very good route runner. Guy just made of glass- can't stay healthy

6 M Bush- not the explosive runner that Mcfadden is but he can run it and catch it very well. Will be starting for someone else at Rb next season

8 Wr Derek hagan - A professional Wr that going to contiunue drives- Raiders possessin reciever.

9. DHB- He Raiders sixth best Wr but he plays more because where he was drafted. When raiders get their full weapons back. He will probably play the slot and raiders will throw short looking for him to utilize his blazing speed. rather than going dep(terrible there) Rex Ryan biggest mistake was putting Revis on him most of the game.

NOw Here are guys that Raiders haven't broken in yet but are going to be bigtime players for them (could go way up this list)

RB Taiwan Jones ( say hes the fastest RB that ever ran for the raiders. He can catch and run as well as anyone I want to se him and Mcfadden in the backfield against the Patriots. They can have some run.

TE David ausbery 6'4 245 4.47 (former Wr- Going to be a bigtime weapon in this league.

QB T Pryor- When he gets off the suspension liost hes going to help raider more at Wr and Te this year than at QB another 6'5 235 4.38 weapon to exploit.

No offense, but I think you're overestimating the talent on, oh, about three quarters of this list.

Every team has a Gronkoski and Hernandez? Damn, someone should let the entire sports media world know that! Good call out, dude!

So, they all have two All-Pro Offensive Lineman? Good to know - That changes the complexion of every game in the league for me. I need to look at my fantasy team matchups again this week!

They all have a coach with 5 rings and three as a head coach? Holy crap! I am learning so much here.

And you mentioned Brady..........ya think he's pretty good? Yea, so do we. Thanks for the props for the First Ballot HOF'er!!!!

Cool story, Bro.

BTW - Go ahead and play that "list game" - I think it would help you.

Last edited:

4. Wr Louis Murphy- a big time weapon that does drop the occasssionally easy one. (hasn't played yet and you might not see but he should be back next week0

8 Wr Derek hagan - A professional Wr that very reliable- Raiders possessin reciever.

9. DHB- He Raiders sixth best Wr but he plays more because where he was drafted. When raiders get their full weapons back. He will probably play the slot and raiders will throw short looking for him to utilize his blazing speed after the catch. rather than going deep(terrible there) Rex Ryan biggest mistake was putting Revis on him most of the game.

RB Taiwan Jones ( say hes the fastest RB that ever ran for the raiders. He can catch and run as well as anyone I want to see him and Mcfadden in the backfield against the Patriots. They can have some fun and do alot of damage. (either one can get easily to the corner)

QB T Pryor- When he gets off the suspension list hes going to help raider more at Wr and Te this year, than at QB another 6'5 235 4.38 weapon for al Saunders and Hue Jackson to utilize.

Hell, I can list every player on the team and make them sounds much better than they really are too. That's easy!

I like the "going to be a bigtime weapon in this league"......HHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :singing: :singing:

You're a damn good Raiders Homer!

No, you're the one making a claim backing up the other guy, so let's play the list game. Other than McFadden and Ford, who are the Raiders players who are proven "threats"?

These fans of teams that have sucked for so long and then start winning a few games, they crack me up.

They listen to the local news or podcasts and drink the Kool-Aid to the degree that they feel obligated to come here and start this nonsense!

It's really kinda funny.

You can believe that if you want. Come sunday when you just see what raiders have at skill positions, you will finally understand the errors of your ways. Your blessed with the best Qb that makes rather average talent look alot better. Did you watch a coaches life. Bellichik basically admitted it.

Last edited:
I'd rather see what Adam Wins has to say as opposed to Tedy - his career depends on being right and Tedy's depends on internet hits and popularity.

I wonder if he's picking the Raiders to kind of 'motivate' the Pats to step up? Just trying to read between the lines here. Although his point is valid, our defense sucks. The Raiders running game is scary and their defense is packing a Seymour who looks in his prime again.

Obviously I'm still going to pick the Pats. An Asomugha-less Raiders secondary won't give Tom as many problems and he has shredded better defenses before already.

Tedy: I'm picking the Raiders in this game and let me tell you why. Until the Patriots show they can stop an opposing offense on a consistent basis, there will continue to be cause for concern. Four-hundred-and-sixty-eight yards a game is nothing to be proud of. The Oakland Raiders are the best team in the NFL at running the ball and they have one of the best front fours in the game. That formula sounds familiar to me. The Raiders win this game on a last-second Sebastian Janikowski 50-yard-plus field goal. Raiders 27 Patriots 24

These fans of teams that have sucked for so long and then start winning a few games, they crack me up.

They listen to the local news or podcasts and drink the Kool-Aid to the degree that they feel obligated to come here and start this nonsense!

It's really kinda funny.

NO the facts are if you look at the Raiders last two drafts. Two unbelievable drafts that have yielded top tier talent all over the roster. When you replenish your roster with that much talent your going to be good alot faster, and around alot longer.

Last Point The patriots who had a ton more picks than raiders, should have been in position to have a draft like that. Bellichik blew it by trying to be his generation Jimmy Johnson. (trading back- Al davis took advantage of him) Stick to what you do better coaching.

Last edited:
NO the facts if you look at what the Raiders have drafted the last two years( Two unbelievable drafts and your ready for anyone. (Hey alot of these picks were your draft picks- Thanks that we acquired from you)

I don't speak whatever broken English dialect that is.

Please retype your response in a coherent paragraph and we will respond.

Candle- Not Brady but has not turned the ball over makes plays when needed, also has used his legs a lot more this year to get first downs and TD's. Our Scoring is way up cause of Candle's play.

Run DMC- U know why

Moore- Has a chance to be the RoY. The guy makes plays Rec, Rushing and is a very solid blocker in the run game not to mention is a solid PR. (Hopefully Nick Miller is cut)

Ford- U know why

Boss- Solid Solid Run Blocker which makes Zach Millers departure null. Don't believe that's important go ask Jets fans, they are believers. Solid Rec threat and will get open.

Hagan/ Glass Joe Chaz - Both arn't going to beat you down field but both will move chains, make catches in traffic and are our best Run blocking WR's. Your DB's will not get to our RB's.

Bush- Could be a starter on some teams. Money short yardage/Goaline/4th qtr back. Dude is the closer and very underrated in the pass game. Made a crucial first down catch vs jets. Our back up RB is better than every Patriot back on your roster.

Reece- Probably not gonna play so all moot, but make no mistake he is a weapon.

Seabas- strongest leg in the game. Means when normal teams punt the ball we can actually score 3 points. Pats will start from 20 every time meaning all Drives will have to go 80, not saying Brady can't or Won't but you will have too.

Lechler- We will never give up bad field position even if you do stop our offense and force us to punt. Down side though he has a bad knack for over kicking his coverage because of his strong leg.

DHB- LMAO BEST DECOY IN THE GAME BABY...Him and Revis should have just sat in the stands and watched the game. I hope your best DB is covering him...

All of these guys except DHB which was kind of a joke have made plays and impact this offense. You can think its a joke if you want but that's on you.

Last edited:
Hell, I can list every player on the team and make them sounds much better than they really are too. That's easy!

I like the "going to be a bigtime weapon in this league"......HHHHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :singing: :singing:

You're a damn good Raiders Homer!

Okay Come back sunday night and tell me what you think. You might not believe now but I bet your opinion alot diffrent sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST