PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi: Jets most likely team from this weekend that can make Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bruschi: Jets most likely team from this weekend that can make superbowl

Chimps on this board don't seem to comprehend that D wins championships. Pats have crap D, so they're going nowhere. Jets D is #1, so they just might win it all.
Two words non-believers: Trent Dilfer. :D

1. Jets D is not even close to that Ravens D in 2000. Not even close.
2. Dilfer threw only 1 pick in 4 playoff games an in 73 attempts
3. Dilfer was a 6 year veteran w/ 2 playoff games of exp. w/ TB.

C'mon. Thats a weak argument.

Last edited:

Amazing what two wins against two teams that aren't trying can do to people's perceptions. Newsflash: the Jets aren't very good.

If anyone on this board thinks the Jets will beat Indy with its starters is delusional. Jets struggled with 2nd and 3rd stringers when Manning left the game. It took a fumble recover TD against a rookie QB and a kick return to win the game. Not happening if they even get past Cincy. I expect to see Indy if we can manage to beat the Ravens and Chargers.

Oh, and let me remind you of the 2004 AFCCG against the steel curtain. We took them to the shed. So much for that #1 D!

This is classic journalism. They beat two teams who rollover and now they are blitzkreig.

It's alway conceivable they could win. However, this would be done on turnover differential.

Since their "#1" defense are the league's premier choke artists and lose game after game; it's highly doubtful the offense can do it alone.

Chimps on this board don't seem to comprehend that D wins championships. Pats have crap D, so they're going nowhere. Jets D is #1, so they just might win it all.
Two words non-believers: Trent Dilfer. :D

Ummm... You do realize, the Pats were fifth in fewest points allowed even after the the collapse on Sunday in the fourth quarter. The Pats' defense is not crap.

Yes, defenses win championships, but opposing defenses of the Jets will win the game against them if Sanchez throws 3-4 picks. Dilfer didn't turn over the the ball. The 2000 Ravens were a far better defense than the Jets.

LOL at some people.

If Tedy would have said that the Pats are likely the SB winner, you guys would have been saying how good/fair an analyst Tedy is.

But since he said the Jets, you guys are saying his analysis is crap.

SMH.

Amazing what two wins against two teams that aren't trying can do to people's perceptions. Newsflash: the Jets aren't very good.

Think, just over a week ago their own genius HC said it was OVAH, they had no shot at the playoffs.

LOL at some people.

If Tedy would have said that the Pats are likely the SB winner, you guys would have been saying how good/fair an analyst Tedy is.

SMH.

If you combine:

A rookie QB turnover machine

A choke artist defense

Crappy special teams

As the SB favorite...yeah that's pretty crappy analysis.

LOL at some people.

SMH.

No I think if he would have said SD, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Tedy's a former defensive player, so I can dig his appreciation for the Jets' stout D.

But Sanchez is too mistake prone to be trusted even as a game manager.

I think the Jets might beat the Bengals, who've looked pretty flat lately. After that, forget it. Why didn't anyone mention to Tedy that all the Colts & SD have to do is look at the film from the last Pats game against the Jets to get the recipe for beating them. Our "stinky" D made mincemeat out of the Sanchize and their D wasn't so hot against our "crappy" offense (oh, I forgot - we had Welker then who carried the entire team; SD and Indy have no receivers, so I guess my argument is DOA). Come on Tedy, you can do better than this.

Exactly. Bring it. If Pats v Jets is where this ride goes, we'll be ready. I like the fact Tedy's getting a little scrappy. He did this before another game this year too, I forget which one but I remember his remarks caused a little controversy here :) In the end he's just looking out for his boys, one way or another.

He does some of THE BEST football analysis though. I try not to miss any of his stuff; his commentary about the Colts was priceless:rocker:

It's not all that hard to see why the jets are emerging as the darlings of The Sporting Press and favorites to win it all.

1. They already won one Super Bowl earlier this year.

2. They ran roughshod through the league with a dominating 7-7 record before recording impressive wins in two games forfeited by top quality but absent opposition.

3. The jets are #1 in a number of categories, most notably an astronomically high Head Coach Body Mass Index to IQ ratio, where the team shattered the NFL record.

4. With putative Hall of Famer Sanchez at QB, the jets are never out of a game.

I would imagine the Bengals are headed south with their golf clubs because there is clearly no point in their even bothering to show up for the game. Only hope for Cincinnati is if Coach Rex doesn't know the game is Saturday or if the team bus is marooned outside of Taco Bell waiting for Rex to finish lunch.

Commissioner Blockhead and the NFL must be delighted at ganggreen's Return to Glory.

Last edited:
BTW way to behave like adults with the tags, trolls. Must be the highlight of your sad day.

I'd say Tedy's analysis are spot on.

History tells us that the playoffs are all about defense and running the ball. Both aspects the Jets are tops in the league. Yeah Sanchez and their passing game could torpedo their chances, but all the other teams in the playoffs have weaknesses that can derail their chances.

Tedy is obviously accentuating the positives of the Jets' D and running game while you guys are concentrating on Sanchez and his deficiencies. Whatever the case Tedy's analysis is fair and he has a solid argument.

Let me see if my reading comprehension is sound. Bru says the Jets can MAKE the superbowl. So that means, play in it, not win it.

If Rex grossman can make the superbowl, Sanchez can, especially with their D and running game. No one said anything about the Jets winning the superbowl.

Edit: Don't see anything wrong about what Bru said. It's pretty objective.

Last edited:

No I think if he would have said SD, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If he had said SD, he'd have been an idiot, since SD isn't playing this weekend.

Neither is any other team playing this weekend, at least in the AFC.

It's not all that hard to see why the jets are emerging as the darlings of The Sporting Press and favorites to win it all.

1. They already won one Super Bowl earlier this year.

2. They ran roughshod through the league with a dominating 7-7 record before recording impressive wins in two games forfeited by top quality but absent opposition.

3. The jets are #1 in a number of categories, most notably an astronomically high Head Coach Body Mass Index to IQ ratio, where the team shattered the NFL record.

4. With putative Hall of Famer Sanchez at QB, the jets are never out of a game.

I would imagine the Bengals are headed south with their golf clubs because there is clearly no point in their even bothering to show up for the game. Only hope for Cincinnati is if Coach Rex doesn't know the game is Saturday or if the team bus is marooned outside of Taco Bell waiting for Rex to finish lunch.

Commissioner Blockhead and the NFL must be delighted at ganggreen's Return to Glory.

This made me laugh. Out loud at my desk. Thanks.

Jets have a legit D, no doubt, but the Patriots rolled over that team last they played and made Sanchez look like crap. Does Bruschi really think that no other team in the playoffs can do that?

no welker, which Bruschi emphasized. He mentioned specifically that the pats would have a tough time against the chargers without welker, which he's right.

Is Bruschi's brain leaking again?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes