PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi: Jets most likely team from this weekend that can make Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bruschi: Jets most likely team from this weekend that can make superbowl

If anyone saw the Jets Cinci game Sunday night...their defense was great...not just good. That defense is somewhat similar to Baltimore's the year they won the SuperBowl with Dilfer at QB.

Their defense will keep them in every game they play.
If Sanchez avpids stupid turnovers, I think Teddy is 100% dead on.

But Sanchize is such a menace to himself and everyone around him if they can limit him to like 0 attempts maybe they can win he just makes to many (way way way way to many negative plays)

If anyone saw the Jets Cinci game Sunday night...their defense was great...not just good. That defense is somewhat similar to Baltimore's the year they won the SuperBowl with Dilfer at QB.

It was like the Bengals weren't even trying. Probably because they weren't. You would have thought Chad OchoCinco hurt his knee in pregame warm ups how he was invisible.

Seriously, if you are judging the Jets defense based on Sunday night's game, you weren't paying attention to the effort the Bengals were giving. The Jets have a great defense, but they are nowhere as good as the 2000 Ravens defense. Not even close.

I guarantee you that the Jets defense will be nowhere as success on Saturday as they were on Sunday Night with the Bengals trying and Cedric Benson playing. Granted it would be impossible for them to recreate that performance against a team that was trying.

Last edited:

Cincy wasn't that good before they laid down... Every wonder how the JETS only managed to go 9-7 with Indy doing likewise...Had Miami finished with that schedule they'd be in, too.

Jets win this weekend. The Bengals have not shown much lately and struggle to score. Defense and a running game will be plenty enough for the Jests to pull out a win. They will not need to air it out in order to score enough points.

Next week in Indy is another story all together.

Bruschi likes to grab headlines, which this statement is sure to do.

Because seriously, the Jets are going no where fast with that offense.

Cincy wasn't that good before they laid down... Every wonder how the JETS only managed to go 9-7 with Indy doing likewise...Had Miami finished with that schedule they'd be in, too.

Yeah, if the Jets had the 2000 Ravens quality defense with a great running game they have, they would not be playing football this weekend. Not because they missed the playoffs, but because they had a bye with something like a 14-2 record. The 2000 Ravens won 12 games in a division that had a 13 win Titans. The Ravens had the second best record in the conference and actually the league.

Hmmm...they are running the ball really well and they have the #1 defense...sounds like playoff football to me.

Bingo, what part of #1 Defense in the league and #1 running game do people not understand? If they get past Cincy, their ground game could shred the Colts D to pieces, and Sanchez will be all comfy inside the heated dome with Braylon Edwards keeping the secondary honest. And their defense is more than capable of bringing out the Manning Face all day.

Et tu, Bruschi? I don't think so.

Seriously, people should take of their Jets hateglasses and root for a Sanchize AFCCG appearance in the cold of Foxboro. :p

Bingo, what part of #1 Defense in the league and #1 running game do people not understand?

That part is understood. QB play in the playoffs is a vital piece that it seems you are overlooking.

If they get past Cincy, their ground game could shred the Colts D to pieces, and Sanchez will be all comfy inside the heated dome with Braylon Edwards keeping the secondary honest. And their defense is more than capable of bringing out the Manning Face all day.

Since joining the Jets, edwards has averaged 3 catches for 45 yds a game. He is not producing in this offense.

Et tu, Bruschi? I don't think so.

Seriously, people should take of their Jets hateglasses and root for a Sanchize AFCCG appearance in the cold of Foxboro. :p

Jets have won 5 of their last 6, but he wins came against checked-out Colts and Bengals teams and sub-par CAR and Buffalo teams. Losing to ATL at home 10-7is a joke.

Jets are a very average football team.

Last edited:

I agree. I honestly don't think Tedy's doing an ESPN, "objective" spin, I think he's assessing the teams as he sees them. The Jets have a good D and I think they are perfectly capable of keeping any game competitive.

Meanwhile, as far as I'm concerned I hope we meet them in the playoffs. If that happens we'll be ready, Wes or no Wes. Last meeting we had Sanchez for lunch, I see no reason for us not to repeat that:D

I thought the most interesting thing Bruschi said was that he felt Maroney was done and that BB has lost faith and would go with the other guys. Difficult to believe because I think Maroney has been our best RB.

Chimps on this board don't seem to comprehend that D wins championships. Pats have crap D, so they're going nowhere. Jets D is #1, so they just might win it all.
Two words non-believers: Trent Dilfer. :D

After reading this, Tedy officially is an ESPN employee. MIke Reiss is gonna become one very quick too!

Rodney still is a Pat tho, lol

Like just about everyone else here, I hate the Jets. That's why I'm rooting for them to beat the Bengals. That will put them in the bottom quartile of the draft, and also restrict their ability to sign any free agents, based on the the rules governing an uncapped year.

Chimps on this board don't seem to comprehend that D wins championships. Pats have crap D, so they're going nowhere. Jets D is #1, so they just might win it all.
Two words non-believers: Trent Dilfer. :D

Jet D is # 1, except when the game is on the line and the defense needs a stand. If that happens like against Jax or against Atlanta, or against Buffalo or against Miami or against Miami (again) the Jets #1 defense folds like a floppy deck and loses the game.

The 9-7 Jets lost five games because their "great" defense choked when the game was decided.

Hint to all you clowns out there:

The Jets defense is #1 because they pad their stats with opponents checking out, games against Oakland, and teams protecting leads from Sanchize turnovers (New Orleans/Miami).

I agree. I honestly don't think Tedy's doing an ESPN, "objective" spin, I think he's assessing the teams as he sees them. The Jets have a good D and I think they are perfectly capable of keeping any game competitive.

Meanwhile, as far as I'm concerned I hope we meet them in the playoffs. If that happens we'll be ready, Wes or no Wes. Last meeting we had Sanchez for lunch, I see no reason for us not to repeat that:D

I think the Jets might beat the Bengals, who've looked pretty flat lately. After that, forget it. Why didn't anyone mention to Tedy that all the Colts & SD have to do is look at the film from the last Pats game against the Jets to get the recipe for beating them. Our "stinky" D made mincemeat out of the Sanchize and their D wasn't so hot against our "crappy" offense (oh, I forgot - we had Welker then who carried the entire team; SD and Indy have no receivers, so I guess my argument is DOA). Come on Tedy, you can do better than this.

If anyone on this board thinks the Jets will beat Indy with its starters is delusional. Jets struggled with 2nd and 3rd stringers when Manning left the game. It took a fumble recover TD against a rookie QB and a kick return to win the game. Not happening if they even get past Cincy. I expect to see Indy if we can manage to beat the Ravens and Chargers.

Oh, and let me remind you of the 2004 AFCCG against the steel curtain. We took them to the shed. So much for that #1 D!

Last edited:
jets have shot in my opinion just because of that defense. if they can force turnovers or get a TD lead in a playoff game they could pull some upsets. plus confidence matters a whole lot and they are playing with confidence right now.

I think the Jets might beat the Bengals, who've looked pretty flat lately. After that, forget it. Why didn't anyone mention to Tedy that all the Colts & SD have to do is look at the film from the last Pats game against the Jets to get the recipe for beating them. Our "stinky" D made mincemeat out of the Sanchize and their D wasn't so hot against our "crappy" offense (oh, I forgot - we had Welker then who carried the entire team; SD and Indy have no receivers, so I guess my argument is DOA). Come on Tedy, you can do better than this.

to be fair , their D shut our offense down in the 2nd half. it was a runaway win but our offense struggled in the 2nd half

to be fair , their D shut our offense down in the 2nd half. it was a runaway win but our offense struggled in the 2nd half

True, but Indy and SD haven't had that problem that I am aware of. That is a uniquely Pats characteristic all this year (unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes