PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi: Jets most likely team from this weekend that can make Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see if my reading comprehension is sound. Bru says the Jets can MAKE the superbowl. So that means, play in it, not win it.

If Rex grossman can make the superbowl, Sanchez can, especially with their D and running game. No one said anything about the Jets winning the superbowl.

Edit: Don't see anything wrong about what Bru said. It's pretty objective.

Grossman did it in the NFC, its a BIG DIFFERENCE then doing it in the MUCH tougher AFC.

Grossman did it in the NFC, its a BIG DIFFERENCE then doing it in the MUCH tougher AFC.

Grossman had 23 starts under his belt before the playoffs.

In the playoffs, Grossman was 32-64 w/ 2TDs and 1 int. Both of those games were in brutal weather in Chicago.

A rookie QB has NEVER made it to the SB.

Bruschi is right, if the Pats get by the Ravens they will get demolished by the Chargers.

Last edited:
Grossman had 23 starts under his belt before the playoffs.

In the playoffs, Grossman was 32-64 w/ 2TDs and 1 int. Both of those games were in brutal weather in Chicago.

A rookie QB has NEVER made it to the SB.

No, but one has made it to the AFCCG and won two road games. LOL.

Last edited:
I just don't get it. How do you expect the Jets to get past the Colts again. They had a KR for TD and then it was the Curtis Painter show, or that game wouldn't have been close. No way they beat the Colts again, let alone the Colts AND Chargers/Pats. A team wins a couple of freebies and suddenly their AFC favorites?? Cmon Bru you're smarter than that

Re: Bruschi: Jets most likely team from this weekend that can make superbowl

Sure, anything pro-Pats is well-reasoned analysis, anything against them is stirring up controversy & trying to get airtime. Whether Bruschi or Reiss are right or wrong, I guarantee you they're not saying anything they don't believe.

maybe not but you can also be certain that for the sake of credibility, both Bruschi and Harrison have gone WAY overboard with the negative Pats comments just so as not to be taken as homers. Kinda like they have "cut the cord". SAD:eek:

No, but one has made it to the AFCCG and won two road games. LOL.

Flacco as a rook blew away Sanchez. More accurate. Took care of the ball.

Sanchez just hasn't shown that ability in his rookie year IMO

Tedy's just going with a safe pick. The Jets have the top ranked defense and a good running game, the formula to make it in the playoffs. However, they have a quarterback who is extremely interception prone. That same quarterback will be counted on when the opposing team, rest assured, stuffs the run. On top of that, the Jets used everything but the kitchen sink on offense in order to beat the Bengals. They have no more tricks up their sleeves for the playoffs. And their fans are utterly pathetic. Zero Super Bowl appearances (much less wins) in the past 40 years.

Didn't see it but if I follow the OP Tedy thinks the Jets and Pats win this weekend and of the two, the Jets would be more likely to go to the Super Bowl?

I don't see anything outrageous about that. Both are long shots at best. There is no good reason to think either of them will make it based on their performance this year but as Arizona showed last year it is about how you play once you get in. A former LB liking the defense/running based team over the offense/passing based team is hardly a surprise.

Now if he said he thinks the Jets are more likely to make the Super Bowl of any AFC team that would be outrageous.

As others have said, they will be exposed by Sanchez. Just like the 04 Steelers and super star rookie Ben were lost when they had to depend on the rook in a big game.

Bruschi is a dog-faker ... he just wants everyone to get along and think he's like the rest of the ESPN-Bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back