PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi - broken wrist - says Tomase

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks but Tedy should be back fighting in no time.

Is is just me or have there been more serious injuries in NFL training camps this year? Maybe it's just because I was sitting at home for 2 weeks watching ESPN/NESN or listening to NFL Radio non-stop to keep my sanity and was just paying more attention to the reports than I normally could while at work?

CTPatsFan said:
It sucks but Tedy should be back fighting in no time.

Is is just me or have there been more serious injuries in NFL training camps this year? Maybe it's just because I was sitting at home for 2 weeks watching ESPN/NESN or listening to NFL Radio non-stop to keep my sanity and was just paying more attention to the reports than I normally could while at work?
Seems about the average amount. A few serious injuries then a bunch of little ones gearing up for the season.

SoonerPatriot said:
Ugh....this is why a part of me wishes we could just do some conditioning drills for a few weeks and start the season. Training camp = me living in daily TERROR of someone like Seymour going down with season ending injury. Injuries are about 90 percent of where my interest is directed each and every day.

Exactly the reason I am uptight watching the first half of preseason games (or whenever starters are in). That 4th game, where everybody sits, is a blessing.

njpatsfan said:
Barring any speculation about BB injury obfuscation, I would say that if it IS a broken wrist (as opposed to a severe sprain), it's probably a scaphoid fracture (small bone below your thumb) as opposed to a radial fracture (the end of the larger bone in your forearm). You KNOW when you have a radial fracture (at least I did). Scaphoid fractures can appear initally to be a sprain, and may require an MRI / bone scan to diagnose.

If it is a scaphoid fracture, and it's non-displaced (doesn't need to be set or screwed), we're probably looking at 6-8 weeks out.

Not an MD, just someone with some experience breaking bones. Any MD's read patsfans.com ?

R

This is hilarious. We got a guy giving a diagnosis on a player he has never examined or even seen an xray. How the heck can you write this stuff when the only info you can go on is a new article? Wow.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Seems about the average amount. A few serious injuries then a bunch of little ones gearing up for the season.

Thanks, SB54. I've probably just paid more attention to the reports that I am usually able to.

Digger44 said:
This is hilarious. We got a guy giving a diagnosis on a player he has never examined or even seen an xray. How the heck can you write this stuff when the only info you can go on is a new article? Wow.

I actually found his diagnosis quite enlighting. I doubt anyone is gonna hold him to it in court, but it allows me to get a better understanding of the intricasies of breaking a wrist regardless if his diagnosis is correct.

TeamPats said:
I actually found his diagnosis quite enlighting. I doubt anyone is gonna hold him to it in court, but it allows me to get a better understanding of the intricasies of breaking a wrist regardless if his diagnosis is correct.
maybe you should try the health message board over at www.callthedoctor.com. you may find more interesting stuff than silly football.

SoonerPatriot said:
.... Injuries are about 90 percent of where my interest is directed each and every day.

That is one of the durable, bedrock truths about this game we love.
In a sport of high-speed, violent collisions, injuries lurk everywhere ... just waiting to pop.

Belioli have learned that. More important, they invented the best way to address omnipresent carnage.
A roster full of upper-middle-class players. Depth. Effective depth.

The Branch drama playing out dolefully over there ... personifies the tough love for the team
that it takes to build such a deep, versatile roster.

You can only pay top dollar for your very few HOF'ers. The rest of the money ...
what you save by letting Woody, Andruzzi, Givens, Patten, Law, Milloy, Ashworth go elsewhere ...
without trying to match their big paydays ... that lets you hire more million-dollar athletes
further down the roster than anyone else has.

Those guys, in turn, can win you Super Bowls ... even as the team absorbs record injuries.

njpatsfan said:
Barring any speculation about BB injury obfuscation, I would say that if it IS a broken wrist (as opposed to a severe sprain), it's probably a scaphoid fracture (small bone below your thumb) as opposed to a radial fracture (the end of the larger bone in your forearm). You KNOW when you have a radial fracture (at least I did). Scaphoid fractures can appear initally to be a sprain, and may require an MRI / bone scan to diagnose.

If it is a scaphoid fracture, and it's non-displaced (doesn't need to be set or screwed), we're probably looking at 6-8 weeks out.

Not an MD, just someone with some experience breaking bones. Any MD's read patsfans.com ?

R
hmmm i beg to differ my good man. I feel that it is a radial fracture (the end of the larger bone in your forearm) as opposed to a scaphoid fracture (small bone below your thumb). I've broken my thumb and my wrist (seriously) and have witnessed several people fall and break various bones.

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
maybe you should try the health message board over at www.callthedoctor.com. you may find more interesting stuff than silly football.
You are just always so witty and pleasant. Your non-stop critiques are less enlightening than the posts you criticize.

Looking forward to your impending criticism.

TeamPats said:
I don't think it even comes close to explaining the intricacies of the wrist. There are something like 20 bones in there, aren't there?

Patjew said:
You are just always so witty and pleasant. Your non-stop critiques are less enlightening than the posts you criticize.

Looking forward to your impending criticism.
actually i like you. you are a good poster.

So supposedly hes "day to day". Bellichick thinks he just has a sore wrist...not a broken one. Could Tomase be wrong again..........

Kdo5 said:
So supposedly hes "day to day". Bellichick thinks he just has a sore wrist...not a broken one. Could Tomase be wrong again..........

With Tedy Bruschi, can you confirm that he might have had an injury to his wrist? :Reiss

“Tedy is day to day. His wrist is probably sore. I’m sure he has a lot of other sore body parts. He’s day to day.â€

If he's wearing a cast, don't you think the credible reporter, (Reiss), might ask "What's that cast on his wrist for?

Just a thought.

P.S., I love how Tomase uses "according to a source".

From the looks of him it's probably the counter girl at Dunkin' Donuts.;)

PATSNUTme said:
My hand is not even close to the panic button. And,no, it's not there either.
You've given up on your putter after all, that comes from using cut rate pros. :(

Kdo5 said:
You're kidding, right? How many times have we seen BB say guys are "day to day" for about 6 weeks before they go in IR?

PromisedLand said:
You're kidding, right? How many times have we seen BB say guys are "day to day" for about 6 weeks before they go in IR?

Exaclty.

During the 2004 season, after the game where Branch got hurt (I believe it was against the Cards) BB said that if they needed Branch he could have went back in.

Branch didn't see the field again for like 8 weeks.

He was day to day the whole time.

I have no doubt Bruschi is hurt and we may not see him for a while.

Digger44 said:
actually i like you. you are a good poster.
That was a low blow!!!

Box_O_Rocks said:
You've given up on your putter after all, that comes from using cut rate pros. :(

No, my putting has really improved. I have cut a stroke per hole using better technique:rocker: .

Last edited by a moderator:
PromisedLand said:
Bronco Nagurski is "day-to-day" in Belichick-land, and he's been dead for 16 years.

The next time I believe Bill Belichick on any injury information will be my first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST