PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi - broken wrist - says Tomase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, the worry warts were right - Still 5 weeks until it counts, thankfully.

Please let me know when it's OK to freak out.

Patjew said:
Remember we open the season with the Jets and Bills (or the reverse) :D

For the second time today, let me say....

Awe crap...

Not so much for Tedy, sounds minor and will be back before it really counts (fingers crossed) but this is bad news for Monty. Interupting the chemistry-building that was going on with the the two of them may set Monty back, and it certainly won't help his progress any. :(

I blame it on the stupid new facemask he's trying out. d%#*!@t! Hopefully he'll be at back at practice working with Beisel within a week for the non-contact stuff (if there is any). Just a small bump in the road... I hope.

What happened to Starks...didnt he hurt his wrist? Well Bruschi is a heck of a lot tougher than Starks I suppose.

Too many worries, KOOL-AID right? Look to the bright things going in camp only. When we are done with training camp, most of the bad stuff should be all good by then. :blahblah:

All in a day's work. If true it does not appear to be an injury that will sideline Bruschi come September 10th. Just keep perspective gang. Injuries happen, and will happen. If anything, it may offer up more play time to those up & comers who need it (that there's called glass half-full :) )

miDeuce said:
I blame it on the stupid new facemask he's trying out. .
Did he get his hand stuck in it or something?

Seriously, put a big cast on it and put him back in the game. You don't have to tackle a guy if you can club him senseless.

Hoping it's some kind of hairline or chip fracture - if it was displaced they'd probably already know it. Well, LB's can play with a hand cast - tougher to get a pick but a fairly lethal weapon if used to advantage...

Well, better now than a month from now.

Patjew said:

Cueing Seinfeld, "There was wide spread panic!!!""

Barring any speculation about BB injury obfuscation, I would say that if it IS a broken wrist (as opposed to a severe sprain), it's probably a scaphoid fracture (small bone below your thumb) as opposed to a radial fracture (the end of the larger bone in your forearm). You KNOW when you have a radial fracture (at least I did). Scaphoid fractures can appear initally to be a sprain, and may require an MRI / bone scan to diagnose.

If it is a scaphoid fracture, and it's non-displaced (doesn't need to be set or screwed), we're probably looking at 6-8 weeks out.

Not an MD, just someone with some experience breaking bones. Any MD's read patsfans.com ?

R

Ugh....this is why a part of me wishes we could just do some conditioning drills for a few weeks and start the season. Training camp = me living in daily TERROR of someone like Seymour going down with season ending injury. Injuries are about 90 percent of where my interest is directed each and every day.

Last edited:
spacecrime said:
Seriously, put a big cast on it and put him back in the game. You don't have to tackle a guy if you can club him senseless.

Kevin Mawae proved that. I don't think he ever had a wrist injury, he just wore a big ol' cast to club guys in the face coming out of his stance.

I'm not too worried about this. Tedy missed camp last year (and half the season) and came back with barely a missed step. This might keep him out a few weeks of camp, but as long as he's good to go by the first game (maybe play in the last preseason game), it's all good.

This could be alot worse, like last year.

Well it could have been worse on the timing front. Bruschi set the tone for how training camp is going to be...Rough and aggressive. Let him return with Harrison in mid September.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
For the second time today, let me say....

Awe crap...

Not so much for Tedy, sounds minor and will be back before it really counts (fingers crossed) but this is bad news for Monty. Interupting the chemistry-building that was going on with the the two of them may set Monty back, and it certainly won't help his progress any. :(
I agree...this is more where it will hurt...they eneded to build up chemistry and??

i really really hope it is not something serious...

but there are reason to be concerned about LB position

i do not want either think about an eventual Tedy loss...

Murphys95 said:
All in a day's work. If true it does not appear to be an injury that will sideline Bruschi come September 10th. Just keep perspective gang. Injuries happen, and will happen. If anything, it may offer up more play time to those up & comers who need it (that there's called glass half-full :) )
Tedy's seen worse. This will be a minor bruise to him.

We still have a long time before the reg season starts. This should be a non factor as he will still be able to participate in the non-contact practice and help Monty out there.

My hand is not even close to the panic button. And,no, it's not there either.

BelichickFan said:
Crap, the worry warts were right - Still 5 weeks until it counts, thankfully.

Yeah, but we still have Willie McGinest creating chaos in the backfield and if we can't get enough pressure on the QB with Brewski out we have Ty Law to stifle the passing game...oops...ah...never mind...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back