PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos say NoMo to LoMo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call him Wendy

Laurence%20Maroney%20mugshot.jpg

So does his cellmate :eek:

Last edited:
I'm thankful for his contributions to the team while he was here. Wish he'd been able to deliver more as we'd hoped. That said I wish the young guy well in his future.

Also, FWIW, the "talent destruction" of the Donkeys was self-inflicted before JMCD got there. It's not his fault that Cutler and Marshall decided they didn't want to be there anymore after they fired Shanahan, nor is it really JMCD's fault that Peyton Hillis apparently decided to hit on McDaniels' wife.

That is a huge stretch to resolve him of any blame.

The Broncos talent destruction was in huge part to McDaniels, Xanders wasn't solely running the ship. Not just tossing away Cutler and Marshall and Hillis, but also Tony Sheffler, or trading away Alphonso Smith who played like a pro bowler after leaving. The team then wasted a 4th round pick to get Maroney, another bust pick of his.

Take a look at the 2-year history of the Broncos, it was pretty much a systematic destruction due to not being able to evaluate talent.

I'm thankful for his contributions to the team while he was here. Wish he'd been able to deliver more as we'd hoped. That said I wish the young guy well in his future.

I thank him for teaching Brady and the gang how to dance in training camp all those years he was a great instructor as you could see the team paying close attention to those Maroney moves

football-team-dancing.jpg

Last edited:
That is a huge stretch to resolve him of any blame.

The Broncos talent destruction was in huge part to McDaniels, Xanders wasn't solely running the ship. Not just tossing away Cutler and Marshall and Hillis, but also Tony Sheffler, or trading away Alphonso Smith who played like a pro bowler after leaving. The team then wasted a 4th round pick to get Maroney, another bust pick of his.

Take a look at the 2-year history of the Broncos, it was pretty much a systematic destruction due to not being able to evaluate talent.
McDaniels was the coach not the GM.
Surely he gets blame for not winning with the players he had, but it wasnt his job to draft and trade.
Wasnt Smith (the guy you call a probowler) the guy who was embarrassed and looked like a 7th grade on Tgiving?

I thank him for teaching Brady and the gang how to dance in training camp all those years he was a great instructor as you could see the team paying close attention to those Maroney moves

football-team-dancing.jpg

I blame Maroney for Brady's hair

I blame Maroney for Brady's hair

I blame Pippy Longstocking for Maroney's hair

Its an ugly family tree we need a lumberjack to chop down.

I had a dream one night that every man had a haircut exactly like Justin Beiber :eek:...if that happens you know the world is ending soon.

I had a dream one night that every man had a haircut exactly like Justin Beiber :eek:...if that happens you know the world is ending soon.

Didn't you see he got a haircut? It was on every f***ing homepage/news site.

I think that's more of sign the world is ending....the most important news you have is a haircut

Last edited:
Didn't you see he got a haircut? It was on every f***ing homepage/news site.

I think that's more of sign the world is ending....the most important news you have is a haircut

I blame TMZ

Explain Leonard Russell. Explain Kevan Barlow.
The NFL is littered with runningbacks that looked pretty decent at first but turned out to be busts.
Are you STILL defending him?
Let it go people. Sheesh! LOL.

Where did you get any of that from what I wrote?

I simply disagree with the assertion that he's the biggest bust of the BB era. IMO, there's no strong logical argument in favor of that position.

I simply disagree with the assertion that he's the biggest bust of the BB era. IMO, there's no strong logical argument in favor of that position.

He did have some decent years but the 2006 1st round for the Pats were basically the only ones that didn't pan out in the Belichick era. He hit on every other 1st round pick.

He did have some decent years but the 2006 1st round for the Pats were basically the only ones that didn't pan out in the Belichick era. He hit on every other 1st round pick.

Right, but I would consider Wheatley and Jackson to be bigger busts. The fact that they were picked in the 2nd round doesn't outweigh the fact that while Maroney was taken in the 1st round, at least he had a couple decent seasons before falling off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes