PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos say NoMo to LoMo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is precisely the reason why he might top my list of least favorite Patriots since BB took over. I thought he was a chump of a prospect coming out of college (I know he had good numbers, but his game was too wimpy), couldn't believe we passed on Lawson/D Williams for him, then he gets my hopes sky high after a great rookie year only to **** the bed the next several seasons. He always loved to talk about how injured he was... **** you Laurence.

He made a badass combo with Dillon in 06. I just pity him. He could have been good.

Any mediocre running back would have had yardage in 2007

Does everyone forget that the Pats had a passing game in 2007 that defenses feared?:rolleyes:

Defenses knew the Pats were not going to run the ball much with all that Brady had as WRs so of course the defenses didn't play the run up close and they certainly didn't blitz either..Maroney benefitted in 2007 from one of the best passing offenses ever.

Ding...ding....ding...we have.a winner! Maroney was a bust.....time to move on....

What did we get for Maroney in the trade?

It was a 4th.

The Broncos got raped. Maroney wasnt worth anything. I just pray that the pick wasnt based on his production or playing time.

It was a 4th.

The Broncos got raped. Maroney wasnt worth anything. I just pray that the pick wasnt based on his production or playing time.

If it was, no matter. I just noticed that we traded it to Seattle for Branch.

Any mediocre running back would have had yardage in 2007

Does everyone forget that the Pats had a passing game in 2007 that defenses feared?:rolleyes:

Defenses knew the Pats were not going to run the ball much with all that Brady had as WRs so of course the defenses didn't play the run up close and they certainly didn't blitz either..Maroney benefitted in 2007 from one of the best passing offenses ever.

Then explain his good performance in 2006.

If my memory serves, back when I was calling for dumping SLoMo and promoting Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis, Maroney seemed to have a LOT of fans on this board.

Maybe we would welcome him back to New England for one more shot!

LOL! What a friggin' bust!

(And doesn't he have anyone in his life to tell him how f**king stupid his hair looks?)

I have to admit, I'm going to miss all the "BJGE will be cut this year and Laurence Maroney is the Patriots starter !" threads. Threads like that from the genius squad will be missed.

Last edited:
Then explain his good performance in 2006.

There were a few decent games in 2006,namely the Cincy game but don't make it sound like he was relevant to the team making the playoffs that year because he wasn't.

Maroney is,has been and will always be a RB made for the Arena Football League,in the NFL he was a laughingstock and apparently off the field he is doing the same.

I have to admit, I'm going to miss all the "BJGE will be cut this year and Laurence Maroney is the Patriots starter !" threads. Threads like that from the genius squad will be missed.

Speaking of genius squad, shouldn't you be dropping some more gems from PFF on us?

That's not true at all, he carried the team versus Jacksonville in the playoffs and had a nice game in 07 versus the Chargers in the AFCCG.

NFL Videos: AFC Championship: Laurence Maroney highlights

People can hate him which is understandable, because the end of his career was a disappointment, but he did stuff Green-Ellis could never do. I'll admit I was wrong about the Lawfirm, and I'm glad I was, but Maroney looked special in 2006.

Last edited:
That's not true at all, he carried the team versus Jacksonville in the playoffs and had a nice game in 07 versus the Chargers in the AFCCG.

NFL Videos: AFC Championship: Laurence Maroney highlights

People can hate him which is understandable, because the end of his career was a disappointment, but he did stuff Green-Ellis could never do. I'll admit I was wrong about the Lawfirm, and I'm glad I was, but Maroney looked special in 2006.

Like what, dance around in the backfield until he gets tackled for a loss?

It was a 4th.

Which by Denver's record past season is basically a 3rd round pick, but we gave the Denver pick to Seattle for Return of the Twig. Go figure

Did everybody see the non-performances of LoMo and Moss after they were traded? Did the Patriots really get draft picks for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe