Broncos assign original round tender to CJ Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Per Rotoworld-
C.J. Anderson - RB - Broncos
Broncos extended an original-round tender to restricted free agent C.J. Anderson.

The Broncos have cap issues, but it is shocking they tendered Anderson at the lowest level. Anderson entered the league as an undrafted free agent out of Bethel, meaning Denver will not receiving any compensation if they choose not to match another team's offer sheet. The running back class is stacked, but Anderson has shown enough in spurts to draw some interest. Ronnie Hillman is scheduled to hit the open market Wednesday.

Should we put in an offer sheet to him? Drive up the price of him and put the Broncos in more cap hell of we get him and not have to give any picks to get him? What do you all think?

It's considerable, but I like many of the other options available in the UFA market.

Also noted that they tagged RFA LB Brandon Marshall with a 2nd round tender. I could definitely see some teams considering it.

I wouldn't overpay to keep him if I'm Denver. Shanny/Kubiak run scheme can turn any old scrub into a productive back. Although, with chop block going away...that scheme might become obsolete.

Miller, Ivory, Anderson, some nice RB options out there. We should be able to get one if we like although I could see Bill returning to Blount and Lewis also.

They should make an offer...not to put the Broncos in "more cap hell", as so many here have so often clamored for, but because Anderson is a young, foundation type RB who could probably be had cheaper now than at any other point. He had a really down 1st part of the season, but finished strong in the 2nd half. He can run it hard between the tackles, catch the ball, and pass block. I think the Pats should truly take a long look at him, especially since it would mean not using draft capital.

They should make an offer...not to put the Broncos in "more cap hell", as so many here have so often clamored for, but because Anderson is a young, foundation type RB who could probably be had cheaper now than at any other point. He had a really down 1st part of the season, but finished strong in the 2nd half. He can run it hard between the tackles, catch the ball, and pass block. I think the Pats should truly take a long look at him, especially since it would mean not using draft capital.
Agree I really like Anderson and he had nice words for Brady after the AFCCG, could be a good fit.

I would take Anderson over Forte

Anderson was the difference maker in the regular season match up…Pats/Broncs. Speed to turn the corners and blow by our LBs….tough to bring down.
Anderson + Forte…….now fix the O line….I dream

Anderson was the difference maker in the regular season match up…Pats/Broncs. Speed to turn the corners and blow by our LBs….tough to bring down.

Forte, Anderson, and Lewis? mother of god.jpg

Agree I really like Anderson and he had nice words for Brady after the AFCCG, could be a good fit.
Well they were kind of nice words for himself disguised as nice words for Brady.

Depending on the money commitment, agreed. If CJ is looking for real money right now vs. a get-me-a-title deal with Forte then maybe not. Best to just sign both.

get anderson.....skip forte....bring back blount

I think it makes sense to outbid the Broncos, but I'm not sure it would make sense to also outbid every other team. I'd expect that he'll have a few offers, including some from bad teams with lots of cap room.

Depending on the money commitment, agreed. If CJ is looking for real money right now vs. a get-me-a-title deal with Forte then maybe not. Best to just sign both.

disagree on signing both.........if you have anderson, forte will be poor value and the money would be better spent elsewhere........

Tom could wear a robe and slippers to every game with that backfield!

I...

Oh................Oh Gawd.

fail-couple-loto-anglais-720x540.jpg

I agree with Illegal Contact.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm assuming because he's a RFA as well, the penalty for signing him is the RFA tender (which is nothing since he was an UDFA) so he wouldn't count as a UFA signing for comp pick purposes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back