PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

briz's first 09 mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
*UPDATED*

i think this is a little better from the first one.

Acquired Picks:

Round 1 #21 - Detroit trades their 1st round pick acquired from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade for QB Matt Cassel.

Round 2 #42 - Patriots receive San Diegos 2nd round pick for picking FB Jacob Hester last year with the Pats 3rd rounder.

Round 3 #97 - Patriots receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Asante Samuel to free agency.

Projected Patriots draft picks through 3 rounds:

Round 1 #21 (from DET)
Round 1 #25 (pats pick)
Round 2 #42 (from SD)
Round 2 #57 (pats pick)
Round 3 #92 (pats pick)
Round 3 #97 (comp pick for Samuel)

Patriots draft with trades:

Round 1 #21 - Michael Johnson OLB Georgia Tech

* stud OLB would upgrade our passrush and slaughter the QB, something we desperatly need.

Round 1 #25 - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

* stud WR that would be absolutely insane in our spread offense, upgrades Gaffney and takes some coverage off Moss.

Round 2 #42 - Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati

* Not an elite CB but very very solid corner that can play physical and good man coverage.

Round 2 #57 - Tony Gonzalez TE Kansas City Cheifs

* Wanted to be traded to a contender, was pissed he wasnt. We get him in the offseason, we need a good passcatching TE and there are no better than Gonzo.

Round 3 #92 - Alex Boone OT Ohio State

* We need depth on the oline Boone would be a nice pickup.

Round 3 #97 - Domonique Johnson CB Jackson State

* He is drawing comparisons to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, 6-2 200 pounds with sub 4.35 40 yard dash, and from a small school.

Your drafts would be better if you stopped assuming the Pats are getting a first, or anything, for Cassel. There's just a good of a chance that he walks for nothing than getting traded. I think you're dreaming a little to much.

Last edited:
Your drafts would be better if you stopped assuming the Pats are getting a first, or anything, for Cassel. There's just a good of a chance that he walks for nothing than getting traded. I think you're dreaming a little to much.
Briz dreaming? That might imply he spends time in reality now and again. :D

*UPDATED*

i think this is a little better from the first one.

Acquired Picks:

Round 1 #21 - Detroit trades their 1st round pick acquired from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade for QB Matt Cassel.

Round 2 #42 - Patriots receive San Diegos 2nd round pick for picking FB Jacob Hester last year with the Pats 3rd rounder.

Round 3 #97 - Patriots receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Asante Samuel to free agency.

Projected Patriots draft picks through 3 rounds:

Round 1 #21 (from DET)
Round 1 #25 (pats pick)
Round 2 #42 (from SD)
Round 2 #57 (pats pick)
Round 3 #92 (pats pick)
Round 3 #97 (comp pick for Samuel)

Patriots draft with trades:

Round 1 #21 - Michael Johnson OLB Georgia Tech

* stud OLB would upgrade our passrush and slaughter the QB, something we desperatly need.

Round 1 #25 - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

* stud WR that would be absolutely insane in our spread offense, upgrades Gaffney and takes some coverage off Moss.

Round 2 #42 - Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati

* Not an elite CB but very very solid corner that can play physical and good man coverage.

Round 2 #57 - Tony Gonzalez TE Kansas City Cheifs

* Wanted to be traded to a contender, was pissed he wasnt. We get him in the offseason, we need a good passcatching TE and there are no better than Gonzo.

Round 3 #92 - Alex Boone OT Ohio State

* We need depth on the oline Boone would be a nice pickup.

Round 3 #97 - Domonique Johnson CB Jackson State

* He is drawing comparisons to Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, 6-2 200 pounds with sub 4.35 40 yard dash, and from a small school.

Briz - you get more insane every year with this sort of lunacy. Just stop already.

1) There are bigger issues than WR with this team. You making several HUGE assumptions with Maclin. The biggest is whether or not he'll declare. Next, please show me any draft pick other than Maroney that didn't have to know how to block that the Pats took in the 1st round of the draft. Go back and look. All the players they've drafted in the 1st round had to know how to block as part of their job. Also, You are assuming that Maclin would still be there for the Patriots to take.

2) Why would the Patriots draft 2 MORE CBs and completely ignore the safety position?

3) What makes you think that the Chiefs would trade Gonzalez to the Pats or that the Pats would want Gonzalez? If I am not mistaken, he will be in the last year of his contract.

That's why it's a mock draft....

yah i think this mock draft is a little far fetched. why would we want ocho stinko

horrible mock... it fails. and i dont see how you can fail at a mock.

That's why it's a mock draft....

Do you have to make excuses for every ridiculous and absurd post? Its of no value to do so...

I don't spend my life on here like you do. DB you would argue whether water is wet.

I don't spend my life on here like you do. DB you would argue whether water is wet.

Do you always exaggerate everything in a poor attempt to make a point? I have news for you, I don't spend nearly the time I did 5-6 years ago posting. In fact, I only spend maybe 3-4 hours a week now posting.

Why don't you bring something of value to the conversation?

I did. I said it was a mock draft.

i dont have a problem with people assuming we have something for Cassel. i feel like if you put an asteric next to it, there shouldnt be a problem.

Do you have to make excuses for every ridiculous and absurd post? Its of no value to do so...

Again DaBruinz, you are out of control. you say this particular mock draft is ridiculous. are you saying that there are actually mock drafts out there by people that are not ridiculous? a mock draft is what a person believes is a teams need and they match a player they think the team will draft. there is no such thing as a mock draft that is accurate, or even close to accurate. so how can you judge this mock draft and say it is absurd, yet claim others are not.

mock drafts are for fun. maybe the person making the mock draft didnt do a great job, but so what.

when you get hired by the patriots, maybe then ill respect what you say. but you will never get hired by the patriots so stop acting like you are in the 3-headed monster

Again DaBruinz, you are out of control. you say this particular mock draft is ridiculous. are you saying that there are actually mock drafts out there by people that are not ridiculous? a mock draft is what a person believes is a teams need and they match a player they think the team will draft. there is no such thing as a mock draft that is accurate, or even close to accurate. so how can you judge this mock draft and say it is absurd, yet claim others are not.

mock drafts are for fun. maybe the person making the mock draft didnt do a great job, but so what.

when you get hired by the patriots, maybe then ill respect what you say. but you will never get hired by the patriots so stop acting like you are in the 3-headed monster

More garbage from the liar. Why do you even bother posting when you bring nothing to the table?

Instead of pretending like you know what the hell you are talking about, why don't you just put me on ignore? It would save you the trouble of responding and it would save everyone else from have to see your ignorant lies about me. Even if I did get hired by the Patriots, you are too ignorant to show respect. You wouldn't do it out of spite. Because that is clearly the type of person you are.

I have know Briz for years. Both here and on the ESPN board. Some of his mocks have been well thought out. Others are just utterly ridiculous. This one falls into the utterly ridiculous pile.

Now, there ARE such things as mock drafts that are accurate. You saying otherwise shows, again, that you don't know what you are talking about. There are people on this board who have been accurate about 2 or 3 picks for the Patriots in a given draft. That's pretty damn good. Not that you'd know or understand that.

As for "how I can judge whether this mock is absurd or not" its MY OPINION and I am entitled to it and I am entitled to voice it. If you don't like it, TOUGH. You have a choice. Put me on ignore, deal or leave. It makes no difference to me. From my point of view, you've brought nothing but lies and arrogant boasts in the threads you replied in recently.

I'm sorry but someone is out of control here. It's one things to disagree. We are all gonna disagree but to belittle people and think they are the only ones right and telling people to shut up is just not acceptable. It's poor manners and etiquette.

More garbage from the liar. Why do you even bother posting when you bring nothing to the table?

Name 1 thing I have ever lied about....(hint, i promise ive never lied on this board)

Instead of pretending like you know what the hell you are talking about, why don't you just put me on ignore?

i actually am very amused by you. you have some idea of what goes on, but act like you know it. i have a problem that you rip into everybody here. it isnt cool.

Now, there ARE such things as mock drafts that are accurate. You saying otherwise shows, again, that you don't know what you are talking about. There are people on this board who have been accurate about 2 or 3 picks for the Patriots in a given draft. That's pretty damn good. Not that you'd know or understand that.

mocks are mocks. percentages are percentages. if you have a bunch of mock drafts, eventually somebody is going to get something right. mel kiper probably knows more about scouting collegiate athletes more than anyone ive ever seen. his mocks pretty much get 15% of the first round correct. so, is he accurate? maybe. anyone else, they could go 7 for 7 with the pats picks, but thats like winning the mega balls because youd have to (1) guess position, (2) guess need, (3) guess evaluation, (4) hope the player falls. if you think some mocks are accurate because some people have gotten some draft picks "correct" more power to you. but they are mocks. they are crap shoots. i dont care if the mock is good, bad, crappy, ridiculous, whatever. if someone posts it, ill check it out. just because i disagree with it doesnt mean that im going to rip into the person for "not knowing anything" . thats absurd, not the mock draft itself

I'm sorry but someone is out of control here. It's one things to disagree. We are all gonna disagree but to belittle people and think they are the only ones right and telling people to shut up is just not acceptable. It's poor manners and etiquette.

Amen. 10 characters

Although i love WR's i cannot see BB tying up that much money into WR's. That wouldn't make sense knowing they are cheaper alternatives for a #2 option. Also there is not enough Balls for Chad - Randy and Wes. Another than that briz i love your Defensive heavy draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents