PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, if the ravens get to the QB like they did last week Brady is going home...............................................untouched.

Scary.

The Patriots are going to spread out the Ravens and shred them the way the Chargers did. They will put up over 30 and Flacco can't match that.

You do realize that we are not going to spend most of this game sending 2 and 3 man rushes like we did against Yates?

Haden and Hall are both better than Webb. That makes Webb, at best, the #3 corner in his own division, never mind the conference or league.

Do you have anything to back that up with, or is it "because you say so"?

All well and good, but the stat line on the season is still the same for Webb.

And like every other stat line in football it is meaningless without game by game context as we have no way of knowing who he faced and what the context was. "facts are simple and facts are true, facts will do what you want them to....."

However you can bet on Webb all you want, i will continue to put my money on Brady, who is going to be known as the greatest QB of all time when this season is over.

Do you have anything to back that up with, or is it "because you say so"?

Given your lack of "anything", I assume you're kidding here.

Okay, slow down here. I realize that NE is an unstoppable, unbeatable force of nature, and that there is no talent on the Ravens, but now it's time to humor me.

Who's going to stop Boldin from doing whatever he damn well pleases?

Who's going to stop Ray Rice from running 83 yard TDs?

Can anyone in your secondary keep up with Lee Evans and Torrey Smith going deep?

How good do you think your pressure will be?

Our offense may not be as good as yours -- but it doesn't have to be.

Given your lack of "anything", I assume you're kidding here.

I gave you Webb's stat line. Now can you answer my question, or is running your mouth all you are capable of doing?

You do realize that we are not going to spend most of this game sending 2 and 3 man rushes like we did against Yates?

I'm not really worried about it, this is the best OL the Patriots have had since Brady took over at QB and he is going to spread the ravens out and force their LB's to cover. Fortunately for the Patriots they have seen the approach the ravens are going to take defensively repeatedly and know how to beat it. Although I respect Ravens defense I also think it is the weakest one they have fielded in years and believe Brady knows exactly what he wants to do against them and will pull it off come Sunday. I don't dismiss the Ravens at all because i always think anything can happen in the play-offs but I like this match-up better than any Patriots/Ravens game in years. Can't wait for Sunday.

It was sarcasm, jackass. I have no idea what we are going to do about him. But it's cute that your internet muscles are so big.

Once again, it was sarcasm. Can you not read?

Get back to me when you get your head out of your ass if you think Welker is going to tear up a guy who is probably the best CB in the AFC not named Revis or Joseph; or if Ed Reed and Jarrett Johnson -- who is probably the best coverage LB in the NFL -- cant stop your little Gronki.

Hey, how bout you use less sarcasm and try real football facts to support your discussion. It might help you have a real discussion rather then just trading barbs.

Here's a fact....... There are 4 high-powered offenses in the NFL (meaning they average more then 29+ ppg). They are GB, NO, NE, Detroit. There are 3 others that are what I would call potent offenses (25+ ppg average) - SD, Carolina, Atlanta.

Your "vaunted defense" faced none of the high-powered offenses this year and only 1 of the potent offenses. San Diego shelled your team for 34 points. The Patriots AVERAGE a touchdown more PER GAME in scoring then SD does. So you can claim that your defense is great, but it really has not been tested by a great offense at all this year, and the one very SMALL sample against a "very good" offense did not favor you.

Now, since I know that you will counter with "Patriots never beat any good teams". Which you can make that argument, but you cannot say that we did not face any good defenses. We did. From a points allowed (and lets face it, that's probably the most important team defensive stat) perspective, we faced 2 good ones in both Miami and Philly. Miami was ranked 6th over all at 19.2 ppg and Philly was 10th with 20.5 points allowed.

How'd we do against them? We hung 65 on Miami in 2 games and 38 on Philly.

Wow, you thing that having those NE beatings on there defensive stat sheet affected their overall ranking? Lets look........... Gee, take the NE azz-whooping off the Philly books and there defense goes to 19.3 PPG average (328-38=290 / 15), which moves them to 6th overall.

Take out the 2 clinics we put on against Miami (313-65=248 / 14) and their PPG average moves to 17.7............ Good enough for 4th in league......... Right behind? Gee, look at that......... The Baltimore Ravens at 16.6

Those are straight up facts........ You can pretend that you're gonna walk in here and magically stop our offense with the wave of a hand, but you have NO CONCRETE evidence to support that your team can do this based on this years result........ Quite the opposite in fact.

Whereas we have at least 2-3 games against defenses that were fairly good at the one thing they have to do (prevent points from going on the board), and we not only scored against them well.......... we pretty much did it at will.

It's not gonna be a walk in the park for sure........ But I'm pretty comfortable with those numbers.

Feel free to respond with football discussion if you want...... but save the other crap for someplace else.

Last edited:
Okay, slow down here. I realize that NE is an unstoppable, unbeatable force of nature, and that there is no talent on the Ravens, but now it's time to humor me.

Can anyone in your secondary keep up with Lee Evans and Torrey Smith going deep?

When you mentioned One Catch Lee Evans...you lost me there.:confused:

And like every other stat line in football it is meaningless without game by game context as we have no way of knowing who he faced and what the context was. "facts are simple and facts are true, facts will do what you want them to....."

However you can bet on Webb all you want, i will continue to put my money on Brady, who is going to be known as the greatest QB of all time when this season is over.

Fair enough. So I guess Gronk's stat line is meaningless too, since we don't know who he faced and what the context was.

1) Joe Flacco

2) The Patriots defense, that was a 1 time screw-up. However you better hope it happens again because you will need it.

3) Doesn't matter as much who is covering when the QB sucks.

4) Good, much better than the past 5 years.

5) Yes it does, points win games.

I gave you Webb's stat line. Now can you answer my question, or is running your mouth all you are capable of doing?

No, you gave PFF's numbers, which aren't the same thing. However, if you want to go there, let's just note that, according to PFF, Hayden allowed less than a 50% completion rate.

Now, run along little troll. I'm not silly enough to buy into PFF, so I'm not delving any deeper than that.

Last edited:

based on how the ravens defense plays on the road, yes it does......

LOL....Lee Evans, 4 catches all year

sorry, homey.......this ain't 2009

My key to beating the ravens is the same as what I have told people is how you beat the broncos.....

Stop the run,
Don't get beat deep,
Make the Qb throw underneath routes and make them go on long drives as with Tebow, I believe Flacco will make mistakes....

The ravens defense is not what it used to be....They have 4 run stopping/pass rushing LB's.....How are you going to cover Gronk and Hernandez? Play a zone? LMAO

I don't think the Pats are unbeatable but I think due to their poor defensive statistics and All of the Ravens fans I know (and I know a TON living in Baltimore) think that our defense is swiss cheese.....Just with Spikes and Chung back shows how much of a difference 2 players make on a defense.....The ravens offense better be ready for a dog fight because the pats D will bring it this sunday......

And how are the ravens going to stop the pats O is the real question?

Hey, how bout you use less sarcasm and try real football facts to support your discussion. It might help you have a real discussion rather then just trading barbs.

Here's a fact....... There are 4 high-powered offenses in the NFL (meaning they average more then 29+ ppg). They are GB, NO, NE, Detroit. There are 3 others that are what I would call potent offenses (25+ ppg average) - SD, Carolina, Atlanta.

Your "vaunted defense" faced none of the high-powered offenses this year and only 1 of the potent offenses. San Diego shelled your team for 34 points. The Patriots AVERAGE a touchdown more PER GAME in scoring then SD does. So you can claim that your defense is great, but it really has not been tested by a great offense at all this year, and the one very SMALL sample against a "very good" offense did not favor you.

Now, since I know that you will counter with "Patriots never beat any good teams". Which you can make that argument, but you cannot say that we did not face any good defenses. We did. From a points allowed (and lets face it, that's probably the most important team defensive stat) perspective, we faced 2 good ones in both Miami and Philly. Miami was ranked 6th over all at 19.2 ppg and Philly was 10th with 20.5 points allowed.

How'd we do against them? We hung 65 on Miami in 2 games and 38 on Philly.

Wow, you thing that having those NE beatings on there defensive stat sheet affected their overall ranking? Lets look........... Gee, take the NE azz-whooping off the Philly books and there defense goes to 19.3 PPG average (328-38=290 / 15), which moves them to 6th overall.

Take out the 2 clinics we put on against Miami (313-65=248 / 14) and their PPG average moves to 17.7............ Good enough for 4th in league......... Right behind? Gee, look at that......... The Baltimore Ravens at 16.6

Those are straight up facts........ You can pretend that you're gonna walk in here and magically stop our offense with the wave of a hand, but you have NO CONCRETE evidence to support that your team can do this based on this years result........ Quite the opposite in fact.

Whereas we have at least 2-3 games against defenses that were fairly good at the one thing they have to do (prevent points from going on the board), and we not only scored against them well.......... we pretty much did it at will.

It's not gonna be a walk in the park for sure........ But I'm pretty comfortable with those numbers.

Feel free to respond with football discussion if you want...... but save the other crap for someplace else.

First of all, dont be a hypocrite. Dont call me dumb, but then cry about it when I respond in kind.

Now on to football.

I'll try your approach.

You played ONE elite defense this season, the Steelers. You got smacked silly.

So what does that mean?

I'll tell you who can stop those players...Cam Cameron. Man I'm telling you if Cam goes into bonehead mode on Sunday and **** this up for us who gonna be holding it down on the defensive side, I'm going HAM. But let's keep that between us.....

*sends a boquet of flowers and bath oils to Tom Brady's house*

BB is gonna make Flacco beat us. That's a matchup most defenses like i'm guessing. What also is interesting that...whenever Ray Rice has less than 20 carries and runs under a 100 yards the Ravens lose. So that tells me that if you are forced into a have to throw mode then you usually fail at it.

Example : vs SD.

and why did they do that ? and if they did do it how come yates still hit walter and andre johnson more than once quite easily and wide open ?

First of all, dont be a hypocrite. Dont call me dumb, but then cry about it when I respond in kind.

Now on to football.

I'll try your approach.

You played ONE elite defense this season, the Steelers. You got smacked silly.

So what does that mean?

25-17 is not smacked silly. They were physcially beaten but losing by one score is not smacked silly.

and why did they do that ? and if they did do it how come yates still hit walter and andre johnson more than once quite easily and wide open ?

Why wouldn't they? The results speak for itself. He threw into coverage a lot because most of the game, that's all that was available to him.

Walter was open on one play, IIRC, and Yates found him. AJ is going to get his.

But completing half of his passes for 184 yards, with 0 TD and 3 INT was what we did to him, because we were confident in our defense's ability to bait him and force mistakes without having to send in a heavy blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST