PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring on the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ravens caught a real break with the officiating crew, so that might have an impact.

All Moot.

The QB ratings at the end of the game between Brady and Flacco are going to be close in all probablity. That is the history between the teams. That says it all.

Thanks for the good laugh. I enjoyed this one.

Ravens have some awful losses this year.

Jax, Seattle and a blow out by SD...BLOW OUT!!!! Did I say that enough times...hold on BLOW OUT

34-14

BLOW OUT!!!

I just don't see how they say the Pats had a soft schedule, etc. when they have terrible losses. Who loses to Jax? Seriously.

Still here?

Then went on to point out inaccurate things you have posted.

Still waiting to see where you call me on my BS?

Either man up admit you haven't called me out on ****. Find something I said that is not accurate. Or go back to that pathetic board of yours.

Overall you have looked like a fool that:

1. Does not understand x's and o's
2. Is ignorant of our team
3. Has been proven a hypocrite

Refresh my memory on what exactly you corrected me on, because I'm a bit tired of how petty some of you guys are and dont care enough to scroll through this thread to debunk more horse ****.

As for calling you out in particular, perhaps that was poor choice of words -- I didn't mention anyone by name, I was speaking of this message board as a whole.

But your response is exactly what I was warned about: with a few exceptions, you people are rude, petty and arrogant. Which is sad; your team has a little success, so you feel the need to be insulting.

Not that I really care what some random person on the internet has to say. But I can see why people think of your fan base the way they do.

Now, my review of you is that you are a fool who:

See, I can make ridiculous claims to to get attention.

Bragging about holding Gates to low numbers? San Diego torched the Ravens.

Many have tried my dude, BUT YOU CAN'T STOP A BALLER WHEN HE GETS TO ROLLIN' SON!

Just so ya'll know we have surrendered the second-fewest yards in the NFL to tight ends (665), the second-fewest touchdowns (three) and the sixth-fewest receptions (62). No tight end has gained more than 73 yards against the defense this season. We've played Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis.

When we saw Wes Welker last year we held him to 53 yds

This is going to come of as a smart ass comment because it is in text. But I assure you I am being sincere.

I will give you Davis. But I will say you guys held that offense in check as a whole. And it was at home.

But Gates, do you really want to use that as an example of stopping the TE? That offense destroyed the Ravens through the air. So does it really matter tha an old hobbled TE didn't play a big part in the "smackdown" (just had to get that word in there somewhere, and you were the first Ravens fan who brought up an argument where it fit. Nothing personal).

Overall the Ravens have been a sub par road team this year.

The Ravens caught a real break with the officiating crew, so that might have an impact.

Working on some excuses already? Don't worry, the refs wont let the Ravens touch Brady. We're certain to get a Roughing The Brady call or two.

Working on some excuses already? Don't worry, the refs wont let the Ravens touch Brady. We're certain to get a Roughing The Brady call or two.

Can you explain your losses to Seattle, Tenn and Jax? And your destruction at the hands of SD? What were the "excuses" then please?

Serious...Jax? Alabama could have beaten them.

Can you explain your losses to Seattle, Tenn and Jax? And your destruction at the hands of SD? What were the "excuses" then please?

Serious...Jax? Alabama could have beaten them.

I dont have any. We lost.

why? (dont know much about refs)

Fewest penalties called in the league. That allows for defenses taking a more aggressive approach with receivers. It also allows for more holding by offensive linemen.

Last edited:

It's an element of the game, troll. It's not an excuse.

If Suggs gets in Beast Mode (ala vs Steelers) it could be interesting.. Brady is not as mobile as Rothlisberger.. I suspect Pagano is going to dial up blitz mode, counter to the contain package that was implemented against TJ Yates. He would be crazy not to against Brady.

It's is going to be FUN for sure ! Enjoy.

Brady doesn't have to move as much as Ben does- he knows what is coming, Ben doesn't. Half the plays called for Ben breaks down, hence what you term his "mobility" is actually Ben running for his life.

The ball will be out of Brady's hand before the blitz even gets launched, or Suggs gets around the edge. You know your old boys are going to get the hurry up and won't be able to sub out to get the geriatric care they need.

I dont have any. We lost.

OK and would you concede that NE is SIGNIFICANTLY better than all four of those teams. NE beat SD by 14 (they were home I'll concede that). NE also beat Jax by 35!!!!

If I were you I would consider my team a significant underdog.

I suspect the Tight End play of the Patriots is being overdone, especially in light of who they are playing.

The Ravens achillees heel in pass defense has been over the top plays.. 2large, fast receivers. Even then the Chargers game requires closer analysis.. that game was decided by maybe 4 over the top plays resulting in scores and in the context of a weakened Ravens DB squad. The rookie was basically abused.

The Patriots type of pass offense involves more underneath play. It is very hard to sustain long drives against the Ravens however you choose to manufacture them.

This below average Patriots pass defense will be actually a welcome sight for Flacco. The majority of games for the Ravens this year have been against teams with top 10 pass defenses.

It will be interesting to see if Cam game plans to take advantage of this.. he was willing to take shots against a much better Texans defense.. but then they play more man coverage.

If the Patriots cannot generate adequate pressure with 4 men.. it is going to be tough to protect the corners and at the same time the middle.

This is real exciting !!

I suspect the Tight End play of the Patriots is being overdone, especially in light of who they are playing.

The Ravens achillees heel in pass defense has been over the top plays.. 2large, fast receivers. Even then the Chargers game requires closer analysis.. that game was decided by maybe 4 over the top plays resulting in scores and in the context of a weakened Ravens DB squad. The rookie was basically abused.

The Patriots type of pass offense involves more underneath play. It is very hard to sustain long drives against the Ravens however you choose to manufacture them.

This below average Patriots pass defense will be actually a welcome sight for Flacco. The majority of games for the Ravens this year have been against teams with top 10 pass defenses.

It will be interesting to see if Cam game plans to take advantage of this.. he was willing to take shots against a much better Texans defense.. but then they play more man coverage.

If the Patriots cannot generate adequate pressure with 4 men.. it is going to be tough to protect the corners and at the same time the middle.

This is real exciting !!

Baltimore lost to Jax and barely beat Houston who had a 3rd stringer at QB. Stop this rhetoric. The Ravens are good not great and the D is a shell of its former self.

Brady doesn't have to move as much as Ben does- he knows what is coming, Ben doesn't. Half the plays called for Ben breaks down, hence what you term his "mobility" is actually Ben running for his life.

The ball will be out of Brady's hand before the blitz even gets launched, or Suggs gets around the edge. You know your old boys are going to get the hurry up and won't be able to sub out to get the geriatric care they need.

This indicates you do not have a good grasp of the facts. Ravens have good young rotation in the front 7. Ray Lewis I suppose is the odd man out if you want to call him geriatric :)

Which other Old Boys are you referring to ?

Refresh my memory on what exactly you corrected me on, because I'm a bit tired of how petty some of you guys are and dont care enough to scroll through this thread to debunk more horse ****.

As for calling you out in particular, perhaps that was poor choice of words -- I didn't mention anyone by name, I was speaking of this message board as a whole.

But your response is exactly what I was warned about: with a few exceptions, you people are rude, petty and arrogant. Which is sad; your team has a little success, so you feel the need to be insulting.

Not that I really care what some random person on the internet has to say. But I can see why people think of your fan base the way they do.

Now, my review of you is that you are a fool who:

See, I can make ridiculous claims to to get attention.

Except my claims are not ridiculous.

1. Your explanation of how you think the Ravens defense will handle and cover our offense. Made no sense. Which is where number one came from.
2. A smackdown by the Steelers defense of our offense. That our defense is the worst in the league etc. point to number 2.
3. You stating that you don't make excuses for Ravens losses. Is where point three came from.

If you think calling out a poster of another team on: Inaccuracies about our team, making him back up what he says, pointing out hypocritical claims is being petty than so be it. You came to our board and have challenged veteran posters and when you can't hold your own you ignore the conversation or resort to the post above.

If you look around enough you will find some posters from other teams that come here who are knowledeable about football in general, very knowledeable about their own team and back up what they say with facts, stats etc... many of those posters post here all year long. So far you don't fall into that category. I think you understand your roster and your team's tendancies. But your overall NFL knowledge, IMO, is lacking and you have done nothing to show me that you understand the fundamentals of football strategy.

I'm sure you won't lose sleep over my opinion, but that is my opinion based on the statements you have made on here.

Post 388 is where I pointed out your innaccuracies:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/884721-bring-ravens-page10.html

Last edited:
Baltimore lost to Jax and barely beat Houston who had a 3rd stringer at QB. Stop this rhetoric. The Ravens are good not great and the D is a shell of its former self.

They also beat won 7 games against Playoff teams. How many did the Patriots win ?

We can do this all day but I would rather not.

Your use of rhetoric is ironic.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results