PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bring Drew Bledsoe Back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabthepat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be ironic if he could lead us to the SB in place of Tom?

mmmmmmm. No thanks. Love ya Drew, but I gotta take a pass on this one.

If we cant get him, I have a totem pole that we can use instead.

Wouldn't that be ironic if he could lead us to the SB in place of Tom?
He stunk when he left. Why would anyone want him now? How about Babe Parilli?

I think Cassell is the guy and I am completely ready to embrace him as our fearless leader.

But honestly I think this makes more sense than any of the other names thrown out there. (Simms, Culpepper, Rattay)

Drew has one hell of a deep ball even if his head isnt always right and Drew with Moss could be just down right nasty.

He should have a general knowledge of the system even if it has undoubtedly changed.

And the story line is things movies are made out of.

Not to mention Drew is my second favorite QB of all time and there is no one other than Brady I would want.

I just don't see this happening and so in that case the plan should be to get as far as we can with Cassell and if it becomes apparent we are not making the playoffs (which I doubt) than you give the rookie some time because his having experience would help if Brady were not ready for the start of next season.

"The Statue" needs to stay retired spending the fall with his family. We last saw him lead the Cowboys to a Red Zone INT as he "just slung it".

Parcells & BB agree with me.

Bledsoe was ineffective in his last years with the Pats and even in Dallas with good receivers to throw to. Not to mention he is not in any kind of shape. Cassell at least has been practicing and playing and can scramble when he has to.

The thought actually came into my mind....but hes been out of football well over a year and probably isnt in any football shape what so ever. We can dream about it but Matt Cassel is our guy now

Bledsoe off the street vs. Cassell off the street to a new team? Bledsoe has merit.

But Bledsoe to a team Cassell has long been studying and practicing with? I don't see it.

Besides, Bledsoe would be among the worst choices in another way -- even more so than Culpepper, he's a walking QB controversy.

If the Pats get a vet QB now, it shouldn't be an egotistical former NFL star.

I was hoping that Mark Wilson would get a call or maybe get Scott Zolak out of the radio gig - they were great QBs for the Pats :rolleyes:

A better response would be Bring Matt Gutierrez back.

The thought actually came into my mind....but hes been out of football well over a year and probably isnt in any football shape what so ever. We can dream about it but Matt Cassel is our guy now

One man's dream is apparently another man's nightmare...

Drew couldn't run a BB offense when he was 29 and in his prime. He's failed in two other settings since then. The last time he was running an NFC playoff contender into the ground when the man who drafted him publicly benched him at half time on MNF and replaced him with a 4th year UDFA.

Drew is in Montana, where he belongs. They don't have an NFL team.

A better response would be Bring Matt Gutierrez back.

They may yet do that. Bill isn't looking at veterans right now contrary to published reports, and why should he - they all suck and don't have a clue about this system.

They need another body on the roster to at least run the scout team. Maybe they will sign Gutz to the PS now. It's next to impossible to teach a FA QB a new system in season. They need a backup and a scout QB, O'Connell can't do both things - it's debateable he can do either. If they eventually bring in a veteran it will probably be a second tier JAG with as little baggage as possible to serve as emergency backup (running a limited and tailored playbook) and scout QB.

Bringing Drew back would be a "knee jerk" type of reaction. I think we should stick with Cassell and see what he has. He knows the club pretty well and as long as the players have confidence in him, he should be able to pull us along... I'm not saying it's going to be easy but I would stick with our backup for now until proven otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm all set with Drew Statue, he'd only be a slight upgrade over the wooden statues that you see in State parks.

Drew- Thanks for the memories, and enjoy your retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back