Brian Robison at OLB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres some other names:

Timmons: 4.59
Beason: 4.64
Willis: 4.49
Harris: 4.53 and 4.57

BOR, do you know anything about Marvin Mitchell? He's projected 2nd day. He's 6'3, 249 lbs.

Patrick Willis is my dream pick at 24 but with those numbers today, he is all but gone.

Patrick Willis is my dream pick at 24 but with those numbers today, he is all but gone.

Willis probably won't get past the Rams who desparately need LBs who can tackle. Its hard to see the Panthers passing on him too.

It was great that that they showed that drill of the LBs directed by the Bengal coach. What's that drill called? And anybody with a better trained eye than mine see anything important?

I didn't see Bradley, Zak or Harris anticipate the wrong way.

Maycuck noted that Bradley looked kind of stiff in that last drill.

Last edited:
BOR, do you know anything about Marvin Mitchell? He's projected 2nd day. He's 6'3, 249 lbs.
Nothing but what we can find to read online, I just watched his wave drill and thought he looked pretty stiff compared to the other two big guys Bradley and DeOssie. Beason had the smoothest wave drill to my eye. Sartz, over 6'4" and 235 looked interesting from the perspective of a project, he has room to bulk up to 250, it depends on whether he can maintain his speed/quicks. Abbate looked great on the trash drill - Bradley needed to work on his technique, but wasn't that bad. Durant is interesting as a possible SS. DeOssie didn't look too bad. Marvin Mitchell looked good in that trash drill, he could be another TJ with his size (I don't think he'll be a 3 down player), we'll have to see what they say about his movement in trash.

It was great that that they showed that drill of the LBs directed by the Bengal coach. What's that drill called? And anybody with a better trained eye than mine see anything important?

I didn't see Bradley, Zak or Harris anticipate the wrong way.
Wave drill. ...

6-3 275lbs. ran a 4.66 40 and had a 40" vertical. He has been very good in all the drills so far today at the combine. I don't really know much about him, but he sure looks athletic and wonder if he could transition to outside linebacker. The NFL network crew is all over this guy.

Other notes:
Anthony Spencer ran well with a 4.76 but seems to have struggled a little bit in some of the drills so far. Not sure what to take from that. Mayock says he is a great pass rusher but not sure if he could transition into coverage. FWIW

Hopefully we're all scouting Pats prospects from our armchairs, and won't allow the network experts to influence our opinions of who can play for the Pats. I'd trust the opinions of most in this draft forum over anyone outside of it. That said, here's my brief thoughts on Robison:

Highly impressed by his play. Have lots of notes on the guy that I'll share as we get closer to the draft (they'll only get buried now). In each draft I create a short list of day two sleepers at specific positions. Robison made my sleeper list before the Combine. And that's not easy to do.

As far as ILB at this point, I'm looking at Tim Shaw, Zak Deossie, and David Harris. I think the Pats will pick up one of these three in the second/third round, and im hoping for two.

Hopefully we're all scouting Pats prospects from our armchairs, and won't allow the network experts to influence our opinions of who can play for the Pats. I'd trust the opinions of most in this draft forum over anyone outside of it. That said, here's my brief thoughts on Robison:

Highly impressed by his play. Have lots of notes on the guy that I'll share as we get closer to the draft (they'll only get buried now). In each draft I create a short list of day two sleepers at specific positions. Robison made my sleeper list before the Combine. And that's not easy to do.

From Paulines column in todays si.com:

" Don't read too much into Brian Robison's terrific workout Monday. The Texas defensive end ran in the 4.6's and had a vertical jump of 40-inches, which has people going gaga. But these numbers were well expected from Robison who is known as a workout warrior yet average football player."

A good (though short) article.

Link:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/26/combine/index.html

Last edited:
From Paulines column in todays si.com:

" Don't read too much into Brian Robison's terrific workout Monday. The Texas defensive end ran in the 4.6's and had a vertical jump of 40-inches, which has people going gaga. But these numbers were well expected from Robison who is known as a workout warrior yet average football player."

A good (though short) article.

Link:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/02/26/combine/index.html
And Mayock reported he was a good player when you popped in the tape. We'll see what S2 has to offer in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST