PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brian Hoyer is on the IR

Bailey needs to show a bit more than 99 yards before Mac needs to worry about the bug Zapper....

But then again, I was a Bledsoe guy...
they are playing the lions, he probably will have that in the first quarter

That happened cat-like quick.

Oo brother.....
Does ANYONE listen to what the players tell everyone?
Hoyer has come out and said being a coach with all the hours and less $ isn't something he is interested in at this time.
Hilarious.... He's all about the paycheck... Just like rest of the population because he's robbing money with his play or actually lack of... He's probably getting 100k a minute

Put a fork in him then.. he's cooked... A terrible backup when he actually needs to play
I kind of felt like he was really much more of a QB coach than an actual QB this season anyway... and an "offensive terminology bridge" to help fill in the gaps with what he knew of Josh's system.

I kind of felt like he was really much more of a QB coach than an actual QB this season anyway... and an "offensive terminology bridge" to help fill in the gaps with what he knew of Josh's system.
has basically been a player in name only since cam was here

Rather roll w Zappe in any event. But, Hoyer, Oof : you in for Cam and we only want you to NOT make stupid INTs. And yet…

Now, we need a stable vet. One quarter.

Very true but he's wasting a roster spot if he cant last more than a quarter or two

It must be pretty bad to go on IR. Get well Brian.

I am not sure of that. They are probably hoping Jones will be back in a week or two and they don’t want Zappe to feel he has Hoyer breathing down his neck to take back the starting job. They are going to sink or swim with Zappe until Mac gets back.

I am not sure of that. They are probably hoping Jones will be back in a week or two and they don’t want Zappe to feel he has Hoyer breathing down his neck to take back the starting job. They are going to sink or swim with Zappe until Mac gets back.
They must feel good about Zappe.

Wow looks like it's Bailey Zappe or bust for the next 4 weeks. Scary times in New England!

I don't think "they" ever considered Hoyer breathing down ANYBODY'S neck...krist, he was done 10 losses ago.

I assume that the Lions are going to stack the line and concentrate on stuffing the run, daring Zappe to throw. And if he does throw, expect a lot of blitzes.

Hoyer going on IR kinda tells me that they feel pretty sure Mac will be back next week. It seems unlikely Hoyer would be dealing with a concussion for several weeks, so they must be confident that by the time Hoyer is available again, Mac will be too and they can just run with Mac & Zappe...

I don't know if that's such a great idea...

to quote the man himself, about coaching...

"I think my wife may leave me if I do that. ‘Honey, I am going to work longer hours and get paid less.'”​

Unless nobody's will to pay you as a backup QB...

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back